Thread: Keane in shock exit from Man Utd

Keane in shock exit from Man Utd

Roy Keane has left Manchester United by mutual consent.
    United confirmed on Friday that Keane, 34, had left with immediate effect, bringing to a sudden end his 12-and-a-half years at Old Trafford.

Keane had said he was not expecting to get a new contract, with his current deal up at the end of the season.

But he criticised the side last month in an interview to MUTV, which was never shown, and that appears to have brought forward his departure.

Keane's outburst on MUTV, which is the club's own television station, came after a 4-1 defeat to Middlesbrough in which he did not feature because he broke his foot in a 0-0 draw against Liverpool on 18 September.

That game at Anfield now becomes his last game for United.

Keane's representative Michael Kennedy met United chief executive David Gill at Old Trafford on Friday to thrash out details of Keane's severance, and the stunning news was then announced.

Amazingly, Keane trained with United on Friday morning.

And, during manager Sir Alex Ferguson's weekly media conference which came before the announcement, the Scot said his captain was training well and was "not far away" from a full recovery from injury.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Come on Glasgow Celtic - Roy always said he wanted to play there, now's the chance

PS: trust what Alex says with a pinch of salt. IF Keane's manager tried to play hard ball and started of by wanting to discuss severance, Alex isn't the kind of manager who'd try to talk someone out of it. He'd just tell em to f-off and then he'd get on with thte rest of the work !!!
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 11-18-2005 at 09:51 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

he is one of those players that everybody hates, except the team he happens to play in. That worked until he started to comment on his teammates.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thank god. I thought he would never leave.

Keane has been wayyy past his sell-by date for years now, and he will never be as good as he was, the sooner we had got rid of him, the sooner we could start saving for someone to fill his shoes.

shame He was the one that could get Man U back on track , But as for his new club I know it will never happen but Ajax have got a major inexperience problem he could be the solution (Like Cocu for PSV) , But language and moving to a new country will probably eliminate Ajax from the race O well it was nice dreaming, He'll probably go to Celtic he's been supporting them since he was a little boy

Man U should move quick for Ballack now otherwise they might suffer what Arsenal are suffering from now ( No Vieira replacement)

Quote Originally Posted by R34GTR
    Man U should move quick for Ballack now otherwise they might suffer what Arsenal are suffering from now ( No Vieira replacement)
    No way! They still have Giggs and van der Sar. Maybe even van Nistelrooy can fill in that role. But Ryan Giggs for sure!
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    No way! They still have Giggs and van der Sar. Maybe even van Nistelrooy can fill in that role. But Ryan Giggs for sure!
    How can Giggs (a left sided winger) or Van Nistelrooy ( a striker) replace Keane in the holding midfield position?? Or if you mean the fact that they have lost their captain and true leader well then yes these could be captain but that's a minor concern, in today's football holding midfielders are a key to succes ( Makelele , Cocu , Gravesen (for Everton) Davids for Spurs) without them you won't stand a chance in a tough league like the premiership , so Yes they do need Ballack for that right balance between attack and defence otherwise they'll be all over the place like the Middelsborough match wich ended 1-4 in Middelsborough's favour

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    he is one of those players that everybody hates, except the team he happens to play in. That worked until he started to comment on his teammates.
    i like him...
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    i like him...
    do you even know who he is?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    he is the guy that became famous for really trying to destroy somebody from another team as a revenge. He did not care that everybody saw it and TV cameras caught the act. These sort of people don't belong on the pitch.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

he is the guy that became famous for really trying to destroy somebody from another team as a revenge. He did not care that everybody saw it and TV cameras caught the act. These sort of people don't belong on the pitch.
    I know he is, I was just wondering wether MP knew.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

well at least that was kept on the pitch unlike another Man U player - Cantona
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    of course, robby keane's brother plays on the republic of ireland national team, man u etc, i play football

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    of course, robby keane's brother plays on the republic of ireland national team, man u etc, i play football
    Roy Keane doesn't play for Ireland anymore after an argument with the manager (Mick Mccarthey now Sunderland's manager) and he ain't Robby Keane's brother (the forward who plays at Tottenham Hotspurs) Oh well you're American I'll let you off the hook especially since you didn't call the sport "soccer"

ugh my subscription to FourFourTwo ends and 6 months later im totally out of it

Thread Information