Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: She has nads and is Large Blue/Green and Ummm Not moving..

She has nads and is Large Blue/Green and Ummm Not moving..

Sorry Dan/Sam/Brendon had to do that title.

Ok this is my New Holden 2000 VT Series 2 Berlina, 3.8lt V6, 4 Speed Auto RWD of course .

Ok story goes in June i starfted to look around for a replacement for the good old VP Commodore.. Started to look at repairable Right off's for a good deal,
    As i seen some cars i wanted to look over i went down only to be very disappointed at what i seen, When leaving i turned and seen this Blue VT which looked in good nick for a car that was smashed, I had to go in for a closer look and in doing so i noticed the car was in nice well keeped condition inside more so very clean, The boot looked like it new and smelt that way..
    So I decided to bring it home and things got bad, I then discovered Air-Bags cost a mint to replace more then the damage, I had to then come to a descion if i was going to cut my losses or stick it out, I'm not much for quitting but if i said take it back i wouldn't be quitting..

I keeped it. And so the long road to road begins.. I have been very quite about this car unlike the last, It's been away for more then 2 months now and i haven't really spoke much about it, But this week it's coming home finally.. I don't have the 100% ready pic's yet but i have some leading up to it..
    I have many plans for this car and already some of them plans i have done i snuck some things in as it's getting stuck back together..
    So damage wise the car will be as good as new this week, Then in 1-2 weeks time it will have the Air-Bags fitted and all the sensors moduals etc changed and working, Thats the hard stuff, Then Follows the VIV inspection RWC and Reg..

Some little things i got have been Blue dials and a WH Statesman international Dash Fascia which will be replacing the current when the airbags are fitted, Then some fogs as i have got the bezels already, Snuck in a Leather Shifter nob off a Monaro now looking to get the handbrake and armrest done,
    Pic's are in order of buying it to fixing it to almost done..
    I'll have plenty more to come as my Camera is in the car so some quality drop using my phone in the last 2 months..

It's also good i can upload at over 300k now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

And some more.

And some bloody more..

i don't understand...i would buy a smashed car only if it is worth of it, i mean, an hystoric one or a very sporty one...not a ... sedan...
    by the way, at the and of the story, how much money do you save?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

He likes holdens verry much + getting them cheaper is nice = he buys a repairable one.
    I don't know why , but I really dig this car
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Good to hear slick, you will be on the road in luxury very soon
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

of course he likes his car, but airbags cost a lot of money, so is it still cheap?
    then, it's not a good idea to buy a smashed car, how can you know if it is rapairable? there could be damages you can not see. i am already worried about used cars...

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i don't understand...i would buy a smashed car only if it is worth of it, i mean, an hystoric one or a very sporty one...not a ... sedan...
    If you can weld/spray or have a mate willing to do it for beers then you can save a lot.

Insurance companies write-off damaged cars based on the cost for a dealer to repair it at extortionate hourly rates and manufacturer prices for parts.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

it's like the old european opel omega...i think here no one will buy a damaged omega...but, THIS IS PASSION, so good luck slick!

In OZ big RWD sedans are the sporty cars they are our big thing, This model model in upper class high performance models was sporting a 5.7lt Chev motor topping 400hp 300kw.. Where did the Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO come from??? Your looking at it..
    And the answer to the last question i'll let you know when it's finished.. Cars like this with less options the cheap base models i would be able to pick up from a car year from $5000-$7000 today, This model is still selling for over $10,000, Some car yards sell them towards $14,000 with more KM's then mine, I picked it up for $3,300 i wanted something more then base model.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    He likes holdens verry much + getting them cheaper is nice = he buys a repairable one.
    I don't know why , but I really dig this car
    Yes everyone is after a bargain none more so then me.. I have learnt many things that could have saved me more money and that is the Airbags, When the car has 4 of them and 2 go off your still in deep shit,
    I'm glad you like it if all goes to plan one day it will only be something even bigger and better i have many plans and i am excited about cars again.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    In OZ big RWD sedans are the sporty cars they are our big thing, This model model in upper class high performance models was sporting a 5.7lt Chev motor topping 400hp 300kw.. Where did the Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO come from??? Your looking at it...
    i supposed it had a sporty pedegree...

buying at 3300 $, yes, you saved a lot of money until now...

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Good to hear slick, you will be on the road in luxury very soon
    Thank you.. Luxury today and then i'm going to kill it with lowered suspension
    of course he likes his car, but airbags cost a lot of money, so is it still cheap?
    then, it's not a good idea to buy a smashed car, how can you know if it is rapairable? there could be damages you can not see. i am already worried about used cars...
    Yes that's why i'm lucky to know a guy that has helped me out with airbags..

It's sold as a repairable right off and it's handed into the Road Traffic authority.. Then the repairs have to be carried out, And also there is a VIV inspection Vechile indetafication Validation, This is done to make sure not only have all the repairs been done right and nothing wrong but to also idendtafy the car and to make sure it's not a cut and shut job they are very strict on these VIV checks that's why they cost so much money because they take the car and go over it for hours until they are pleased the repairs are done right and the car has not been cut up or had parts replaced that are stolen etc, You don't pass these inspections if you can't account for a washer it's that hard. It was done to stop the illegal car fixing businesse to make sure a crashed car was 100% fit ot be on the roads.

Slick are you keeping the standard wheels or going aftermarket ??
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Slick are you keeping the standard wheels or going aftermarket ??
    I'll have to go aftermarket one day I can't help myself i have always wanted some nice big shiny wheels, The wheels on it are the Calais wheels and until i got this i didn't know they were 16", But they will stay on for some time until the bank rolls up again maybe 2-3 years down the road unless something cheap comes along.. there's a guy in Melbourne that makes Genuine copy rims they are made the same way as the originals with the same standards but almost half the price.. Set of say VE SSV 19" with tyres $1400 come with genuine caps nuts.

I still love the VYII Calais 17" rims. Or this one has the VE's Calais ones. Look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    If you can weld/spray or have a mate willing to do it for beers then you can save a lot.

Insurance companies write-off damaged cars based on the cost for a dealer to repair it at extortionate hourly rates and manufacturer prices for parts.
    Yep it's almost easier for them today to just right them off and save some money.

Thread Information