Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Update

Looks nice man, are you going to use SU carbies?
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    Engine upgrade??

Pro-Motive
    "complete installation inc kit £POA"

maybe not
    see attached pic for BMW twincam head conversion, which is what i had planned originally but will now do at a later date.
    also attached an example of a crossflow head, which seems simpler mechanically and to fit, but is inexplicably more expensive
    Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Nice. So how much projects do you actually have?
    just the one, this mini. i suppose the porsche is an 'on-road' project but i don't mess with it much, will repaint when done with this. the triumph is more the mechanic's project.. since it's always there ..

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Love the blue man - All the best out west too.

Atleast you wont have to stop start in the air cooled porker anymore
    temperature wise the porker's been great with the new cooler... and with it being winter cabin temps are fine.. but working that clutch and gearbox, yeah
    PS. you should come try the yellow mini for laughs when it's rego'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    Looks nice man, are you going to use SU carbies?
    i'd say yes, everyone loves webers but apparently the SU's are just as good performance wise and better with fuel economy, just don't have that sound though
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 04-27-2009 at 09:21 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Nice lookin' car. I would def rock one of those. I've been meaning to build an air box for the autox mg, that carbon fiber one looks awesome! It might give me some motivation.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Nice lookin' car. I would def rock one of those. I've been meaning to build an air box for the autox mg, that carbon fiber one looks awesome! It might give me some motivation.
    you can have the red mini clubman haha..
    do your MG's run a similar engine to these?

had a go at sanding/buffing some of the paint, still got epic orange peel though
    the first two pics show how the colour changes in different light/angles, ford makes nice colours
    unfortunately as seen in the last pic the boot lid has a wierd patina to it, i attached it to the car so you can see the difference between an almost finished panel and the defective spot... might have to redo it?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    you can have the red mini clubman haha..
    do your MG's run a similar engine to these?

had a go at sanding/buffing some of the paint, still got epic orange peel though
    the first two pics show how the colour changes in different light/angles, ford makes nice colours
    unfortunately as seen in the last pic the boot lid has a wierd patina to it, i attached it to the car so you can see the difference between an almost finished panel and the defective spot... might have to redo it?
    Yep, the BMC/ British Leyland A series I believe. I have 948, 1098, and 1275cc MG's.

What are you using to sand the paint? A hard block behind the sand paper?
    The quarter where you buffed looks great! Indeed it's a nice color. Now on the boot lid, on the top is that after you buffed or just from sanding it?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Yep, the BMC/ British Leyland A series I believe. I have 948, 1098, and 1275cc MG's.

What are you using to sand the paint? A hard block behind the sand paper?
    The quarter where you buffed looks great! Indeed it's a nice color. Now on the boot lid, on the top is that after you buffed or just from sanding it?
    a piece of cork and a piece of foam as a block
    that patina is mostly the same before and after i had a go at it, so i think it must be a few layers down (i did quite a few layers of clear coat to give me margin for error)

If you have it and are comortable using it, use an aluminum block as your sanding block. It will help get any chatter out of the paint. But be careful with the sections that the body is dodgy.
    If it doesn't buff out, try repainting it, base included. It almost looks like the base blushed and you cleared over it.

got my yellow clubman back...and it works!
    need to fit instruments, and touch up the body work but otherwise it runs and is driveable.
    this is the benchmark - standard 1100cc engine, standard manifolds, drum brakes, 10" steelies. i'll be using it to guage how much the other clubman has improved with the 1275 etc etc.

last few pics i threw on the wider wheels i have..fits nicely

edit: vid uploaded. audio doesn't come through so well, sounds like it needs a tune?
    YouTube - start up
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 05-02-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Sounds pretty similar to the 1100 that was in my van, might just need an oil change, carbie clean up, points done and/or the plugs cleaned.

Nice to see that the Mini projects are coming alive Sam!
    I really like the color on the blue one, good choice!
    Looking forward to see that one start to

rofl. love the wide wheels.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

yellow one is driveable brakes need work, then after i put guages in it's off to get rego.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4wbGSPqqcM"]YouTube - mini drive by![/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1RuI_Z9K0"]YouTube - mini reverse[/ame]

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Mini Cooper in blue is so flippin awesome. your doing a fantastic job on the car clutch. keep it up dude!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

That ain't no Cooper.. that's a Clubman. Before BMW, the Clubman was a mini with that face on it. The lengthend ones were either a Panelvan (one of which I used to have.. but didn't put a thread on here about), a Traveller or possibly a Countryman.. or was that a Morris Minor van?

clubmans are on average cheaper than the roundnose, so it was the choice for me.

Thread Information