Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Haters gonna hate. Bitches gonna bitch.

To join in this youthgful banter .......

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Three random sluts threw their bras at me
    Your momma, aunt and yo' sista

Back to normal service....

Not sure of the rear wheels in the mega-lowered pic.
    Just looks wrong, please tell me that's a bad photoshop.
    If not, then you have got to get the offsets right or go smaller

"overheating" in a modded 1.8T ? bad Get the coolant checked for contaminants. Then do a pressure flush on the coolant. Hope it all comes together.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 08-25-2010 at 05:38 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Needs moar vents.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Of all the hatches available in America, those golfs are my favorite simply because they dont look like overwrought poop and because they can be made to not be embarrassingly slow due to a great aftermarket and a turbocharged engine.

Dont rice it out. Keep it clean, tint the windows, put some nice wheels/tires on it and then just work on the engine and you will have a relatively sweet ride.

btw...your commentary and the commentary following yours makes this a great thread.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

This is an epic thread, for drizzle my nazzle.

However this is Quiggs, the modifications will be low and cheap. also, somehow the cheapness will make said modifications more awesome than before.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Gentlemen.

The car has been back on the road for a couple weeks now. It was in fact overheating. Water pump bit the bullet. I knew it as soon as it happened, but I did the thermostat myself hoping I was wrong. I wasn't, so off to the dealer it went. It's a common failure between 60-80k miles, and mine made it to 93,000.

Today my boy J came over and we installed my new brakes. Slotted rotors up front, slotted and drilled out back, and EBC Red's all around. Car stops like someone threw an anchor out the hatch. Phucking great.

Misconceptions in this thread:

-Car is stock, except for the minor things I have done to it so far. This is by design.
    -I am not a manwhore. Unless I am in Philly with Pat.
    -I am an only child. And a boring old man edited out who the 3 sluts were.
    -The 1.8T can lose. But only to other 1.8T's. Certainly not to tarted up Integra LS's that belong to coworkers that talk a lot of shit and can't back any of it up.
    -The stance of my former ride is a little deceiving in that picture. I ran 23.25" tall tires and had the top of the fender 23.5" from the ground. At the time, the easiest adapter I could find was 25mm. The width and offset of those wheels made stretching a non-option, and I wasn't going to raise the car. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably get a 30mm for out back and raise the car a little- or pull the fenders.
    -Y'all niggas postin' in a troll thread.

Oh, and I still rep for my East Coast niggas.

Attached Images Attached Images
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

ECC? you best be trollin'.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

whats the point of slotted and drilled rotors on this shopping trolley? unless you like the looks of course.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    whats the point of slotted and drilled rotors on this shopping trolley? unless you like the looks of course.
    posing is expensive.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

They came with the rotor/pad/sensor kit I bought.
    I wanted them.
    I live in the hills/country. I drive fast on slow roads. Moar brake is moar betterer.
    Stock stuff I felt was inadequate.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    posing is expensive.
    I think your hair gel reservoir is low on the Guido 35. *fist pump*
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    They came with the rotor/pad/sensor kit I bought.
    I wanted them.
    fair enough.
    none of your other reasons make sense because drilled/slotted is going to do **** all for your braking, just had massive debate on another forum LOL
    x2 on stock golf brakes being weak.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

fair enough.
    none of your other reasons make sense because drilled/slotted is going to do **** all for your braking, just had massive debate on another forum LOL
    x2 on stock golf brakes being weak.
    slotted/drilled influences the cooling capacity ( and wears the pads out faster). Better cooling is better.
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

also, the slotted supposedly gives better initial bit on the pads.

but also, yeah, pad wear is ridiculous. i will soon be putting new pads in the G, with only about 8k miles on the new pads with the slotted rotors.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    slotted/drilled influences the cooling capacity ( and wears the pads out faster). Better cooling is better.
    the payoff is you never hit high enough temperatures on the street for that to matter, and you actually decrease the surface area for your calipers to act on. hell, i've only run slotted brakes for the past few months on my track car lol, rather spend the money on good calipers
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 09-13-2010 at 03:58 PM.

the payoff is you never hit high enough temperatures on the street for that to matter, and you actually decrease the surface area for your calipers to act on. hell, i've only run slotted brakes for the past few months on my track car lol, rather spoend the money on good calipers
    Never hit high enough temperatures on the street you say?
    In a fat pig such as the mk4 with a nevarlose the brakes are going to get real hot with some spirited driving. But the additional cooling from slotted rotors will probly be marginal, I can imagine the pads making some noticeable difference in braking feel though.
    Calipers are expensive ( and you will probably have to aquire a set of more expensive rotors), and when you have to change rotors, the upgrade to slotted is cheap as chips, and at the end of the day "it will look dope " ( probly number one reason why people put this stuff on cars). Free floating calipers > 1 piece go crooked fast stuff though. but that's also more expensive.
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Never hit high enough temperatures on the street you say?
    yep, with my standard rotors i've never experienced brake fade on the road, that includes mountain runs where they were steaming by the end...
    But the additional cooling from slotted rotors will probly be marginal, I can imagine the pads making some noticeable difference in braking feel though.
    i noticed a decrease in feel until heated up, mych more exaggerated than previous. that said i don't remember what calipers/pads i switched too at the time.
    and when you have to change rotors, the upgrade to slotted is cheap as chips, and at the end of the day "it will look dope " ( probly number one reason why people put this stuff on cars).
    agreed, but if i go to drilled - or ventilated - rotors i'll stick to porsche oem stuff since they are cast that way rather than weakened by having holes drilled into them iirc. seen some aftermarket rotors get cracks forming between the holes..

Thread Information