Thread: 403bhp Mitsubishi Lancer FQ-400 and two very different four-litre engined Ferraris ..

403bhp Mitsubishi Lancer FQ-400 and two very different four-litre engined Ferraris ..

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

Constants in today's update are the numbers 4 and 400. We kick off with the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X FQ-400, which is the most potent Lancer ever offered by the factory. The 400 here is a reference to the power produced by the turbocharged four-cylinder engine; 403 bhp to be exact. All that force is transferred to all four wheels through Mitsubishi's advanced all-wheel drive system. It helps to propel the four-door 'family car' to 60 mph in under four seconds. In addition to boosting the power, the Japanese company has also modified the chassis to match the increased performance. Wider suspension has been fitted front and rear, considerably improving the handling characteristics. The FQ-400 will become available in England this summer for a very competitive £49,999 list price.
    In the case of the Ferrari 400 Superamerica S1 Pininfarina Coupe Speciale the '400' is a reference to the four-liter displacement of the V12 engine fitted. The featured example was the first of the new generation Superamericas and can easily be distinguished by its unique Pininfarina coachwork. Like the 375 America posted some weeks ago, this special 400 Superamerica was built for Gianni Agnelli. Like his earlier Ferrari, it sports a massive grille and an unusual two-tone finish.
    The same four-liter V12 engine, although in a slightly hotter form, is also found in this 330 P. The 330 P represents Ferrari's first evolution of the mid-engined 250 P that had been very dominant in the 1963 season. Today only very few examples of these early mid-engined Ferraris have survived in their original condition. One of the very best is the pictured 330 P.

Enjoy the links:

1964 Ferrari 330 P - Images, Specifications and Information

1959 Ferrari 400 Superamerica S1 Pininfarina Coupe Speciale - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X FQ-400 - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

That EVO = serious business.

it will be interesting to see how the new platform/drivetrain handles that state of tune compared to the old FQ-400.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    it will be interesting to see how the new platform/drivetrain handles that state of tune compared to the old FQ-400.
    Ditto, it has the power and the accel, now they have to test it and see if it out handles the IX. Did Top Gear get a hold of it already?

I'm sure they will at some point. They tend to enjoy testing any new editions of the evo.

I was a big fan of the VIII FQ-400. Despite its turbo-related downsides i still consider it to be the cream of the crop when it comes to mitsubishi-factory tuned evo's. This edition will probably handle better and give a quicker time around the track. Which in itself is scary since its well firmly in supercar territory.

But it simple doesnt have the looks or the familiar essence to its visual style like the old one did. It could be any old modded mitsu. Long live the VIII I say..

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Ditto, it has the power and the accel, now they have to test it and see if it out handles the IX. Did Top Gear get a hold of it already?
    that, and i'm wondering if the new drivetrain tolerates it better - i.e. the service intervals, mammoth clutch etc etc
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

The drivetrain's just an evolution (what a surprise!) of the old one, so if it could take it, there's no reason for the new one not to.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I thought this Evo has an all new engine that's only somewhat like the last one.. or something.

yeah engine is all new. i'm not curious about whether it can take it but if it's more liveable in the process, the last one had to be serviced every 400 yards.

nobody interested in the Ferraris?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

yes, very much henk, just got sidetracked

hi-def photos of the evo anyone?

MEGALINK
    Last edited by Cotterik; 05-28-2009 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    nobody interested in the Ferraris?
    I'm actually not interested at all in the Mitusbishi.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information