Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of The Car

Economy hybrid SUVs are indeed idiotic. But it is what people want for some reason.

On the other hand, the 370Z is extremely cheap. Even by European standards.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

What do you guys think of the Tesla crash during automated driving mode.

Saw this coming from a mile away, it was going to happen eventually.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust any self driving car, the technology is so new that it can't be trusted. I'm not sure what the process is for approval, but how can something so new like this be sold to consumers? What is the process of approval for a self driving car in the US? I mean, adaptive cruise control and automatic braking is one thing, but self driving is a whole new ball game.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 07-01-2016 at 04:38 AM.

Visca Catalunya!

I gladly would embrace self driving cars for the population of people not interested in driving. That would free up all the roads for people who are interested.

That being said, even enthusiasts hate driving in bumper to bumper traffic. I have yet seen someone extol the virtues of sitting in traffic.

Here's a question for you gearheads- what's the biggest currently sold luxury sedan you can still have with a manual transmission?

I was going to say Panamera, but I don't think they offer one anymore.

Maybe a BMW 7 series?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I gladly would embrace self driving cars for the population of people not interested in driving. That would free up all the roads for people who are interested.

That being said, even enthusiasts hate driving in bumper to bumper traffic. I have yet seen someone extol the virtues of sitting in traffic.
    I agree with that.
    Here's a question for you gearheads- what's the biggest currently sold luxury sedan you can still have with a manual transmission?

I was going to say Panamera, but I don't think they offer one anymore.

Maybe a BMW 7 series?
    I think it was the Panamera indeed, but no more manual gearboxes are offered for it currently.

Here in Europe the largest 4 door saloons with manuals are the Jaguar XF, the Audi A6 and the BMW 5 Series (in that order).

Soon they will be joined by the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and the Volvo S90.

The Volvo will be the longest.
    Visca Catalunya!

You know, I'm not sure why people want SUVs. They say they want the room and the space, they could totally buy a wagon. Sure, you're never going to sit as high up as a SUV, but at least they're not totally boring to drive.

The weirdest thing about car ownership is that people want to look "green" and so they drive a Tesla. Great.

For those who can't afford a Tesla, they buy a 4WD crossover or a hybrid SUV like the Lexus RX. If they knew anything about drivetrain losses and being green, they would have bought a hybrid sedan, which would have been the far lighter option.

Gas prices can't stay cheap forever, once they frack everything that can be fracked, gas prices will shoot way back up again.

I hope Nissan comes back with a new Silvia, because the 370Z is not cheap.
    A new Silvia would be nice just to have another RWD sports car with back seats. I don't know what sales figures are like with the FR-S and BR-Z, but if those figures aren't as expected from Toyobaru then maybe that's why Nissan is reluctant. Chevrolet wanted to make an affordable RWD sports car (smaller than Camaro) with the Code 130R, I wish that would've made it into production.

Morgan should stay a car company and make things with wheels. Not unveil a clothing line for British hipsters.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryLO4u1hQQ4"]Morgan EV3 #UK1909 Selfridges Edition - YouTube[/ame]

I think the branded clothing line is why the original Morgan family was kicked off the executive board.

The attached image is a slide which comes from the Toyota CH-R presentation.

It is proof that we Europeans are the best drivers in the world.

The end.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The attached image is a slide which comes from the Toyota CH-R presentation.

It is proof that we Europeans are the best drivers in the world.

The end.
    Or the most reckless

I really wish Buick would make V8s again (I believe they don't have any at the moment in production). I miss the LaCrosse Super and Lucerne Super. Heck, I miss the Grand Prix GXP, Impala SS, and Monte Carlo SS.

Get a Chevy SS while you can then, it's probably the closest thing you'll see to them for a while and it's not going to hang around much longer.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Get a Chevy SS while you can then, it's probably the closest thing you'll see to them for a while and it's not going to hang around much longer.
    Oh I wish I could afford something like that. I imagine those cars being used are at least as expensive as a preowned 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP. They seem to hold onto their value well at least! I found a 2007 Buick Lucerne with the Northstar with not so many miles on it and most likely that car was babied because it was owned by an elderly gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Oh I wish I could afford something like that. I imagine those cars being used are at least as expensive as a preowned 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP. They seem to hold onto their value well at least! I found a 2007 Buick Lucerne with the Northstar with not so many miles on it and most likely that car was babied because it was owned by an elderly gentleman.
    If not one of those, did you think about a Lincoln LS with a V8?

If not one of those, did you think about a Lincoln LS with a V8?
    Those are good choices as well. Weird enough, I used to dislike FWD a lot but ever since moving in an area that snows more I actually prefer FWD or AWD to RWD.

Thread Information