Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Removal of stupid comments

i think a removal of chevysucks would be in order because he cusses a lot and his politics thread is just stupid. why would anyone want to talk about politics in a car forum?

p.s. why is his name 'chevysucks' if he likes american cars so much

I may not agree with all of Chevysucks sentiments ( particularly the name ) but I am not in favour of banning anyone really. The politics comments were in the miscellaneous section which to my understanding means anything. If you dont want to talk politics you should not read threads labelled POLITICS. Really idiotic comments take care of themselves. People know a ****wit when they read one. Sorry I cussed!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by crisis
    Anyone want Guyt back. This site has lost a bit of its edge since he's been gone. It needs some stupid statements that you can shoot holes in to get everybody interested.
    Hey, hey, hey! Let's not get crazy here... I've been gone for a while because I dedicated a lot more time to another forum, and I started working on my car again (yeah, about time). I'll probably be on here a lot more, now that I have free time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    The quality of comments have forced me to reconsider the entire comment system. With the forums in place, there now is a place for visitors to spew their guts. Maybe the main page should only reflect our opinion and not those of visitors, but then there is the 10% of high quality comments that would go with the rest.

I am open for suggestions.
    The comments seem to work like this.(In negative cases)
    Fanboy makes Statement about car: The Skyline GT-R33 is the best car ever in the world, my friends makes 900whp.
    Fanboy of some other vehicle makes rebuttall: The Skyline rims. You are so damn stupid. The rotary engine of the RX-7 will you alive any day because my neighbor's has 1000whp. You Skyqueer you.
    Fanboy1 rebuttal.
    Fanboy2 rebuttal.
    Fanboy1 re-rebuttal.
    etc.....

I think you should be registered in the forums to post the comments and that way, they can be regulated more. With the rep system. I'm not totally against swearing, but, the comments seem tasteless and brainless to me at times. Maybe all the comments could go to a subforum dump in the comparo forum.
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Doza
    The comments seem to work like this.(In negative cases)
    Fanboy makes Statement about car: The Skyline GT-R33 is the best car ever in the world, my friends makes 900whp.
    Fanboy of some other vehicle makes rebuttall: The Skyline rims. You are so damn stupid. The rotary engine of the RX-7 will you alive any day because my neighbor's has 1000whp. You Skyqueer you.
    Fanboy1 rebuttal.
    Fanboy2 rebuttal.
    Fanboy1 re-rebuttal.
    etc.....

I think you should be registered in the forums to post the comments and that way, they can be regulated more. With the rep system. I'm not totally against swearing, but, the comments seem tasteless and brainless to me at times. Maybe all the comments could go to a subforum dump in the comparo forum.
    Most amusing, sad, but true. Still you dont have to read them and you get a pretty clear picture early on. I will offer up some rep points with this comment but my overall impression is that the Euro forums are the one with the most consistently inane posts. Mostly revolving about who hates/loves BMWs and how hard Ferraris make them. Apologies to my innocent European freinds.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Most amusing, sad, but true. Still you dont have to read them and you get a pretty clear picture early on. I will offer up some rep points with this comment but my overall impression is that the Euro forums are the one with the most consistently inane posts. Mostly revolving about who hates/loves BMWs and how hard Ferraris make them. Apologies to my innocent European freinds.
    yes idiotic fanboys junk up the forums, also there are people who sigh up just to be @$$holes, like this guy named CARS=SEX, all he did was make immature and slanderous posts, he was banned though.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Thread Information