Thread: Audi R8 5.2 FSI (V10) first pictures and details ...

Audi R8 5.2 FSI (V10) first pictures and details ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

Hot on the heels of the R8 LMS racing car, Audi revealed the first pictures and details of the V10 engined R8 5.2 FSI quattro. This is certainly no coincidence as the GT3 racer is based on the new ten cylinder road car. Apart from the racing equipment the distinct difference between the two cars is the lack of the 'quattro' four-wheel drive on the LMS to meet the GT3 regulations.
    Compared to the original V8 engined version the V10 is a major step forward. The direct injection engine produces a staggering 525 bhp, or 105 horses more than the 'base' R8. Despite the hike in engine output, the new 5.2 R8 is barely any heavier. The all aluminum engine will launch the R8 to 100 km/h in under 4 seconds and it does not stop accelerating until the top speed of 316 km/h is reached. This should propel the fastest Audi road car right into the supercar ranks where it will rival the Ferrari F430 and nearly identical Lamborghini Gallardo.
    Audi will officially launch the R8 5.2 FSI quattro at the upcoming North American International Auto Show in Detroit and it will be available from the second quarter of 2009. Prices start at 142,000 Euro without taxes.

2009 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Audi R8 LMS - Images, Specifications and Information

2006 Audi R8 - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

With that cabin (R8 5.2), now I can play Top Gun with my friends; I'll be Maverick you can be Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    With that cabin (R8 5.2), now I can play Top Gun with my friends; I'll be Maverick you can be Goose.
    I will be Viper thanks.

seriously, I would have got rid of the Gallardo's style gauges though
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

thats how i fly... ice cold, no mistakes.

its sad that it still looks like the exact same switchgear form my mother in law's A3
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information