Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BF falcon and SY Territory realeased october

BF falcon and SY Territory realeased october

new falcon and territory will be realesed in october following the sydney motor show
    d
    Upgrades to the BF Falcon and SY Territory range have included the following:

· A reworked Barra 190 4.0-litre six-cylinder engine offering significant increases in fuel economy, more refinement and increases in power and torque

· More power and torque in the turbocharged engine for the Falcon XR

· More power and torque in the 3-valve SOHC V8 engine

· A world-class ZF six-speed automatic transmission available in
    premium Falcon sedans and utes, and AWD versions of Territory

· An improved ION four-speed automatic transmission

· Introduction of the Tremec T56 six-speed manual transmission on XR6 sedan

· New exterior styling for the Falcon range, including Fairlane and Falcon Ute

· New interior upgrades for all models

· New wheel designs for XT, Futura, Fairmont, Fairmont Ghia, XR and XLS

· New Fairlane G8 (replacing Fairlane G220)

It seems every model is getting an updated and more power allround.
    Its a pretty good counter considering mitsi australia's claims about how "big" there 380 will be and the VE commodore still way off
    and ford australia have claimed a increase of fuel efficency of 5-11% while increasing power to 190kw.

i hope they shed some weight as well but its proberly unlikely

things are looking arsome for ford australia

can the Barra 6 pull 6th in a T56? Anyway, the ZF 6 speed should be good, and i hope the new wheels look good, the BA mk2 ones are a bit off
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Although im not doubting the validity of this info, but where did you get it? All the media is under an embargo to shuttup until 12am tonight over it
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    can the Barra 6 pull 6th in a T56?
    The outgoing motor has 380nm at 3250rpm, so its definately got some low end urge. I'd say it'd only do it with the 0.6 6th cog, not Holdens 0.5
    I am the Stig

The XR6s run a relatively short diff don't they, like 3.5, 3.75 something like that? that'd help wouldn't it?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

3.45 for the manual

its 3.23 standard in the XT, 3.45 in the XR6 manual, XR8 manual and XR6T auto. Only the T6 gets the 3.73 diff. it would be possible to slip in the Tezza's 4.1, but people who have done it claim that its slightly too much and that 3.9 would be ideal, but Dana dont produce a unit to that ratio
    I am the Stig

lets just say i know a high up ford employee who sent me a employee newsletter

theres going to be a press realease by ford on wednesday so i thought i would give ultimatecarpage users a heads up on the model updates

Unfortunately the XR8 and GT's engines aren't going to get any extra kw's but they will get better efficency

Ive heard elsewhere (and theres spy pics to back it up) that they'll get a dual exhaust. Im not too worried about peak power, but some more low-mid range torque would be good. Perhaps being under a seperate company, we wont know until later what exactly FPV will be doing?
    I am the Stig

I was told today that the new BF Falcon will be relaeased in November this year - no BA MkIII. I was also told that the na 6s will have 190kw and the cars equipped with the new 6 speed auto (including Fairmont) will be as quick as the current XR6Ts. Dunno about that, but yeah.

Syko, any ideas on the new output for the XR6T?

i can only assume that the extra umpf given to the barra will translate to more power in the XR6T but its unlikely it will be as much as the XR8

iam guessing that the realease will be late october considering how little information has been released compared to when they released the BA

It's a big jump from 4 speed auto to 6 speed auto, The one's who pay more for the expensive cars with 6 speed auto will fell like a million $.

My nephew runs a 3.9 in his LSD on the VL Calais.

The barra6 getting a little extra power and torque is good, They will be anticapating holden's Alloytech190 being alloytech200 maybe some extra torque also in VE with it's fatness
    But BF XR8 not getting any extra power is strange. Unless they again are anticapating holden only having 260kw LS2 to play with with the fatness again

But they could have done the 6 speed and extra power before we got the terra in october
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I think its a given the Alloytecs wont increase for VE, or at least only marginally.

What they really need though is a set of DOHC heads for the V8 that are VCT compatible, as currently the SOHC engine has more low en urge than even the GT
    I am the Stig

That's a funny one hey Get a XT and drag the GT from the lights wouldnt they get shitty So where about would they get them heads from?
    They could work on more torque for the Alloytech after the Adventra they did say it struggled a little with that weight not that the VE will be 2tone. But some extra work on refinment and torque would help it out.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thats surprises me about XR8 having no extra power too - rumour has it that LS2 will be big on power.Alloytechs won't increase (so I've been told) but all models will have alloytech - not just the SV6 and Calais.
    Back onto the BF topic, I was also told today that it will be lighter than BA (that was a heavy bastard!) thanks to aluminium suspension parts.

Thread Information