Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your chance to own a Jaguar XJ220!

Where drug dealers and asian stores are born, California
    Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    waterboy!!
    What do you mean by waterboy lol?
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”
    -Jeremy Clarkson

I think he was referring to the movie 'The waterboy' where the title charecter at some point gets a "boost" to his lawn mower.

It's a nice car tho, i might check the auction out, if i can get the car for a bargain i would be fun to buy. If nothing else one could make alot of the parts one self over a large period of time.

But, in a realistic world i better keep my thoughts on one project for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buen View Post
    I think he was referring to the movie 'The waterboy' where the title charecter at some point gets a "boost" to his lawn mower.

It's a nice car tho, i might check the auction out, if i can get the car for a bargain i would be fun to buy. If nothing else one could make alot of the parts one self over a large period of time.

But, in a realistic world i better keep my thoughts on one project for now.
    The car is sold, as the auction was yesterday (Wednesday).
    I don't know who bought it for what amount, but hopefully it will be announced later!

The XJ220 falls into the very short list of cars I will always desire and if at any time in my life I become super rich I would own one in a heartbeat, but surely anyone with the money to buy the wreck and fix it would also have the money to buy a good condition model? I'm no expert on early 90s super car prices but that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE_MAN View Post
    The XJ220 falls into the very short list of cars I will always desire and if at any time in my life I become super rich I would own one in a heartbeat, but surely anyone with the money to buy the wreck and fix it would also have the money to buy a good condition model? I'm no expert on early 90s super car prices but that's my opinion.
    I was thinking that as well. But then I thought how often does an XJ220 come up for sale that is in prestine condition.

So this may be someone's only chance to get such a car. It will take about as much money to fix it as it's worth, but it is one of those once in a lifetime chances to get your hands on this kind of car. Even if it's got a few dents in it.

Hell, if a McLaren F1 came up for auction that was broken in half, and I could get it at a rediculous price (really cheap)... I would buy it. I would never be able to fix it, or drive it... But I would be able to say I owned a McLaren F1.
    Last edited by Equinox; 02-25-2010 at 09:33 AM.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Love this car, and I know where I could get it fixed, at least in the US. I know the only (claimed) shop that is certified to work on the XJ220 in North America.

This is not a good chance for buy a car, is a shame...
    Last edited by henk4; 02-25-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Now You all have the chance to buy this car.

Make an offer.

Link:

Pro-Racing

You would be certifiably insane if you spent a penny on that.
    Love how the guy now trying to sell it is hiding all the damage on the right side and rear quarter
    Hand built monocoque tub isn't a quick bend, cut and weld repair !!
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGUAR
    Aluminum honeycomb panels run the length of the car, joined by honeycomb and machined bulkheads. Honeycomb lines the floor panels and centre tunnel, which also lowers the piping and pipe work. The driver’s cockpit is made up of machined alloy plate, with more alloy below the engine. Its fuel tank sits between the two bulkheads, in an effort to minimize weight transfer changes as the fuel load decreases
    Besides, you can get plenty of pristine ones for less
    Classic Driver - CARS FOR SALE - Cars

A wee bit of research and one of those for sale has had £32,000 spent on it this last year alone iinolving a head gasket and oil seals "maintenance". SO how many zeros do you want to add for a major rebuild ?

EDIT: hey man, sorry , didn't realise it was your website. Suggest you put up pictures of the damaged side, rear and the condition of the lower valance and not waste anyone's time who'd think of looking at it seriously. best of luck. Also best to mark prices in currency so 500K DKr is about £60K, yes, versus £120K for a warranted dealer purchase of a good one ?
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-27-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    You would be certifiably insane if you spent a penny on that.
    Love how the guy now trying to sell it is hiding all the damage on the right side and rear quarter
    Hand built monocoque tub isn't a quick bend, cut and weld repair !!

Besides, you can get plenty of pristine ones for less
    Classic Driver - CARS FOR SALE - Cars

A wee bit of research and one of those for sale has had £32,000 spent on it this last year alone iinolving a head gasket and oil seals "maintenance". SO how many zeros do you want to add for a major rebuild ?

EDIT: hey man, sorry , didn't realise it was your website. Suggest you put up pictures of the damaged side, rear and the condition of the lower valance and not waste anyone's time who'd think of looking at it seriously. best of luck. Also best to mark prices in currency so 500K DKr is about £60K, yes, versus £120K for a warranted dealer purchase of a good one ?
    The pictures are from the auction house, and not pro-racing's own, as they probably hasn't received the car yet.

Now with more pic on my webside Pro-Racing under Bilsalg.

Best Regard.

Where drug dealers and asian stores are born, California
    There are a few supercars on the auction my dad uses that are up for bit at tens of thousands of dollars less than that jag the costs to repair the bodies will be less than buying that jag and restoring it.

SALVAGE AUCTION CARS AND MOTOCYCLES FOR SALE
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.”
    -Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    The pictures are from the auction house, and not pro-racing's own, as they probably hasn't received the car yet.
    The pics referred to in the "EDIT" were from the website as indicated. Hence why advice was given

Ouch, it is as bad as it looked against the tree
    I would recommend getting measurements made on the alloy plates at the rear sandwiching the fuel tank to appease any initial thoughts that that is a complete chassis twist. With its honeycomb structure, that could be a complete new chassis job Hope not and good luck with the sale.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-01-2010 at 03:25 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    The pics referred to in the "EDIT" were from the website as indicated. Hence why advice was given
    Yes i know. But the first pictures from "Pro-Racing" (the ones you commentated) where the same as from the auction-house, and not pictures taken by Pro-Racing self.

Jaguar XJ220 - best car!

Thread Information