Thread: Any ideas??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any ideas??

I've recently been looking online for anything to make my truck faster, and have become increasinly frustrated with the results. I have a 2001 Ford ranger with the 3.0L V-6. The only performance mods i've been able to find and put on are JB headers and exhaust, and a K&N air filter.

This last January Whipple Supercharges made a supercharger for my truck but...oh course...only works on '02 and up....what are the chances

So i've been looking everywhere for parts and it looks like i have only one more option.....I can either get a different truck (which i don't want to do yet), or i can swap the engine for a 5.0L or 4.6L out of an '94-'95 mustang.

But if i do that then i also have to buy the tranny, alternator, computer, etc etc etc

So i need some help or advice, maybe you guys know something or someone that could help me turn my small slow truck, into a fast small truck.

Any help is appreciated
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Do you still want the same truck? Oftentimes the one option that people don't consider is selling their vehicle and buying a faster one. In many cases, its also the best-value alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Do you still want the same truck? Oftentimes the one option that people don't consider is selling their vehicle and buying a faster one. In many cases, its also the best-value alternative.
    well the only faster ranger is the 4.0L, but that usually is acompanied with and extra cab, and 4x4, which is too heavy, and costs too much. Buying the engine and all the parts would be the same price and alot faster.

in other words, they don't make the reg cab, short bed like mine with the bigger and faster 4.0L

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I agree with Egg_Nog here.

Also do you really want a truck?? More expensive, slower, more weight, more gas, etc etc?

I would go for a new car too. I recently found this site:

http://www.truehonda.com/

Which is selling a Turbo kit for 2001 Honda Civic

""Dyno proven to make 185+ whp and 190 ft/lbs on 8 psi""

That would be pretty cool, but I really don't feel like wasting US $2900 + installation on my civic. I rather get another car. Probably something used and faster than the civic.

I would find out what makes it only work on 02's and up. If it is something small, make something so it will work, if not, i would go with a different truck.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I would find out what makes it only work on 02's and up. If it is something small, make something so it will work, if not, i would go with a different truck.
    well when i called about the supercharger i asked if i could make some mods to fit it on and they said it can't be done because the computer from '01 to '02 was too different and all the mounting spots would be in the way somehow, it sounded like a real lame excuse ..but what can you do?

i might just keep my truck or if i sell it i would buy a dodge ram and try and get an old viper engine for it..or at least a hemi

the reason why i want a truck is beacuase i ride bmx, and being the oldest of my gang i drive everyone and their bikes all the time, so i need a pickup and for work as well. i'd like to have a sporty car but i couldn't haul anything

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    dodge ram and try and get an old viper engine for it..or at least a hemi
    Thats going to be very hard to do but it can be done.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Thread Information