Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Awards 2009

UCP Awards 2009

Things are going to change this year, I think. Planning on only doing automotive/motorsport based awards this year and forgoing the forum member awards. I'll leave that up for discussion. If I/we decide to include member awards it will definitely be watered down to 4 or 5 awards and not the plethora we had last year.

As usual I want to announce winners before New Years Day 2010. Just realized we're about to embark on a new decade.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Things are going to change this year, I think. Planning on only doing automotive/motorsport based awards this year and forgoing the forum member awards. I'll leave that up for discussion. If I/we decide to include member awards it will definitely be watered down to 4 or 5 awards and not the plethora we had last year.

As usual I want to announce winners before New Years Day 2010. Just realized we're about to embark on a new decade.
    I agree, concentrate on facts, not people.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes, I like having more focus on the cars as this is a car forum but why not only a few (3-4) member awards just for comical relief.

That sounds good!
    Perhaps Wouter can make the voting threads frontpage-sticky so that more attention is paid, after all the polls will be about cars (and not photography for example); it would be nice to have tons of voters.

I remember speaking to Fiset last year about it. For automotive awards I'd suggest that a panel of senior members choose the nominees and then the voting is made public.

Also if we'd like to get serious about them a feature on the main page could be nice.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I want a worst wind down or bankruptcy or of 2009 competition.
    Including teams and makers pulling out of motorsports series, makers being closed and so on.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I already suggested to Rocke an engine of the year award as well as car of the decade award.

Ferrer's idea of having some senior members put together a list has its merits but some will feel it unfair I suppose, and how will we decide who the senior members are? Supporting members? Those here for X years? Or the people who are seen as regulars?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I already suggested to Rocke an engine of the year award as well as car of the decade award.

Ferrer's idea of having some senior members put together a list has its merits but some will feel it unfair I suppose, and how will we decide who the senior members are? Supporting members? Those here for X years? Or the people who are seen as regulars?
    I'd suggest regulars or supporting memebers. Or supporting members that are regulars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

surely GO AMERICA!! rates a mention as best noob user

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Hotly contested by G35coupe
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Try to narrow down the Car of the Year choices, I remember it was quite hectic last time we did it with multiple polls.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Hotly contested by G35coupe
    This. Go america was kind of a flash in a pan, G35coupe hung around like fruit cake.

I agree that you should have senior members nominate the cars and then let the general population vote. Keeps things simpler that way, and I don't think any worthy cars would be left out.

Also, a few member or thread awards would be nice to have for lulz and recognition of excellence in contributions to the forum.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Will create some kind of system tonight -- might be difficult if this whole awards format gets restructured. Expect a clear direction with the 2009 categories in a few hours
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Coming up with this off the cuff, had a lot of work this weekend and Monday/today plus the Jets game on Sunday. I'm pretty tired so my brain isn't functioning too well but here goes:

- Car of the Year (overall or can be split into North American/European/Asian/Australian?) I'm leaning towards overall
    - Racecar/team of the Year - See above
    - Car of the Decade (2000-Dec312009)
    - Racecar/team of the Decade (2000-Dec312009)
    - Best racetrack
    - Country with best motoring heritage
    - Race driver of the year/decade
    - Race of the year/decade
    -----------------------------------
    UCP member awards
    - Rookie poster of the year
    - Most valuable poster [MVP] (take this as you will, most knowledgeable/likeable/helpful/dedicated -- all taken into consideration)
    - Funniest
    - Thread of the year
    - Post of the year (refrain from zing posts or silly threads, I want this to be a more serious candidate... sure it can be funny but I dont want post of the year to go to 'Lol monarocountry go choke on a ****)

and I'm out of ideas

Feel free to chip in, everything is open to suggestion
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Bump....
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says: