Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just drove a..." Thread

A Nissan Primera Sport, 6-speed gearbox and the best toy ever: Reversing cameras! I drove that thing around backwards without looking at the windows/mirrors. very weird.

Several days ago: Wiesmann Roadster through German twisties in the rain. Nothing else will satisfy me now.

A vauxhaul corsa, as shit to drive as they are too look at. Why does everyone else get to drive all the nice cars?

honda integra... haven't driven it in ages. i even hit a kangaroo too, so now i have this dent in the side.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I drove a Renault Symbol, on my favourite mountain road. It was a girl's car, which means tire pressure was all wrong, it wasn´t remotely fast, plus the accelerator was sticking. Not a very nice experience...
    Zag when they Zig

A lawn tractor. After I finished cutting my grandpas lawn with it I tested it out full throttle down the road. Full Throttle = A little less then 20kmh
    If you're in control you're not going fast enough.

I just drove a good Korean car. Yes, miracles do happen. My Father's/Dad's Hyundai Lantra Sportswagon (1997 model, I think)
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Just drove the Saxo again. 160ish miles since saturday. My dad just told me that once it runs out of fuel i can't drive it anymore, so i gotta get that Luego finished!!
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    Several days ago: Wiesmann Roadster through German twisties in the rain. Nothing else will satisfy me now.
    Lucky git.

Honestly, the more I like at the Wiesmann, the more I'm liking it.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by FutureGearhead
    A lawn tractor. After I finished cutting my grandpas lawn with it I tested it out full throttle down the road. Full Throttle = A little less then 20kmh
    Then derestrict it, it will still work as a lawn mower but it will be capable of over 25kph!!!

I just drove a Kia Rio off the dealer lots for fun. Those cars are POS!!
    My friends and I was driving an automatic and I was romping on the to see how fast the car can punch and everyone was having fun, maybe not the salesman, but his opinion doesn't count when test driving cars. Anyways the car stalls on us. The stupid thing only had 10+ miles on it and it was struggling to run ALREADY! I learned something that saturday, I will never buy a Kia or any company that is strongly affliated with Kia in my life!
    I'm a real boy!

The "I just drove a..." Thread.

Ok, every once in a while I come across rare and random opportunities to drive expensive and/or fun cars. Didn't have a place to post it, and I figured I'm probably not the only one with these privileges, so I thought I'd start this thread.

What did you drive? How'd you come about doing so? Would you ever buy one?

So, to begin. Today I was golfing with the Honda/Hyundai team. My boss's wife showed up from Vancouver, and she had brought her boss's Lexus SC430 down with her. I politely asked for the keys, after which I proceded to drop the top and fly out of the parking lot and straight onto the backroads. What a neat experience! The only downside about the thing is that it doesn't come with a 6speed manual, and only an auto. Drives nicely, but imo a car of this class is solely a status symbol. Unlike a 911, it can't really be had a lot of fun in. Manual makes all the difference. I'd buy one...for my grandpa or wife.

good idea for a thread...

i drove a Murano this weekend. Didn't disapoint, but didnt really impress either.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

"Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Nice to see this thread. And a coincidence too. Got a ride in our neighbours new second-handed Renault Avantime 2.0 16v yesterday. I didn't drive it myself, but the car feels huge. Everything is based on creating space but still the car gives a classy feeling. It was a 'pretty' nice car.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Thread Information