Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Morgan AeroMax 2008-2009

Wow! Prince Sturdza... you rock!

When I'm sitting in my Aero 8, I'm going to fantasize about the Morgan Aero that mated with the Bugatti T57 Atlantic.

Drop-dead gorgeous. Coolest looking car I've seen in a long-time - it's really nice to see this at a time when almost all other new cars are *%)#ing hideous.

27/02/2008

Morgan AeroMax Production Starts

Just 2 years after its debut at the 2006 Geneva Autoshow as a one off built to order for one of Morgan’s discerning customers, the AeroMax coupe has entered series production at the Morgan factory.

Such was the interest surrounding this unique design that it was decided, with the kind permission of its owner, to make a limited production run of 100 cars, all of which were sold within just a few weeks of its announcement.

Following a two year intense period of production development, and a number of minor improvements to the overall design, the first customer AeroMax is shortly to be delivered.

No expense has been spared in ensuring that the production quality mirrors expectations. Innovations include a world first, the use of high tech super formed aluminium panels for the entire body. This process allows the most complex of shapes to be made in aluminium which are then fitted over a traditional ash frame. Beautifully detailed inside, the coachbuilt ash frame proves that construction of the Morgan AeroMax remains true to Morgan philosophy. Using this unique mix of technology and high quality materials, the AeroMax is assembled with care and dedication by the craftsman and women in Malvern. This method of construction offers a minimum of carbon emissions and maximum sustainability.

The body is bolted to a stiff yet lightweight Aero 8 chassis which from 2008 is fitted with the 367Bhp 4.8 litre BMW V8 engine. This gives AeroMax performance to match its looks. For the first time a Morgan can have an automatic gearbox. The latest ZF 6HP 26 gearbox gives the fastest change in the world and endows the automatic with better acceleration and fuel economy than the manual thanks to its lock up clutch, low power loss and instant change characteristics. It also delivers lower CO2 emissions, 267 g/km, a figure not normally associated with a 0-62 mph (100 kph) capability of just 4.2 seconds and a top speed in excess of 170mph.

This will be the first Morgan to use Canbus software to control not only the engine functions but also some body technology such as lighting, wipers and instrumentation. Reassurance and security are provided by Electronic Brake Distribution, cruise control, tyre pressure monitoring, ABS and Siemens electronic airbags.

The twin electrically operated glass rear windows allow easy access for the optional stitched calf leather Connolly luggage.

The technically advanced engine and lightweight construction give the best of all worlds – performance, economy and low emissions, yet still with all of the safety systems one would expect in a modern performance car.

Morgan believes with AeroMax it leads the way in exclusive bespoke low volume car construction using quality raw materials and advanced technologies that are not available to Morgan’s competitors in the world of luxury car production. Owners of the Morgan AeroMax will be joining a very exclusive club with a unique opportunity to share their motoring dreams.

Ends
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    source: morgan-motor.co.uk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks a lot, Revo!

That car is brilliant.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i like it, i can't say more, i hope it has the right sound with a bit of "old fashion"
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    A few more pics
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

And some of the interior.
    Visca Catalunya!

It (the interior) looks ok, except for the late-'90s GM steering wheel, and the crappy aftermarket-looking stereo.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    It (the interior) looks ok, except for the late-'90s GM steering wheel, and the crappy aftermarket-looking stereo.
    I think the steering wheel looks more similar to that of th4 first V12 Vanquish, but I definitely agree on the stereo

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I think the steering wheel looks more similar to that of th4 first V12 Vanquish, but I definitely agree on the stereo
    You're right, I just picked '90s GM because they made some pretty horrible steering wheels (and interiors).
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

This car is a hundred bagger - you gotta wear a bag when you drive it so you don't see how ugly it is, one for your passenger, 97 for anyone in the vicinity, and one for god so it doesn't have to look at this cross-eyed monstrosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    This car is a hundred bagger - you gotta wear a bag when you drive it so you don't see how ugly it is, one for your passenger, 97 for anyone in the vicinity, and one for god so it doesn't have to look at this cross-eyed monstrosity.
    me would drive it on a snap

This car is so good it's been born in the wrong age.
    Visca Catalunya!

the mini lights are so far superior to the new beetle lights though. the original aero 8 was horrible at the front end.. this is almost good. i would still have one in a heartbeat though.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information