Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Amazing im creaming my pants =)
    Thanks for coming by, Please dont come again =)

Amazing indeed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Looks good, If it wasnt a stupidly expensive option I'd think about it.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Also, for the first time, will a Gran Turismo game have a proper rallying option?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Who knows, it was absolutely rediculous the last few games though.

Hopefully they have sorted the faults that bug me about the series.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

will it help the PS3 to cost less?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    will it help the PS3 to cost less?
    The PS3 was actually pretty good value for money, considering it has a built-in blu-ray player. A price-cut is overdue though.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    The PS3 was actually pretty good value for money, considering it has a built-in blu-ray player. A price-cut is overdue though.
    being a two-in-one product, it could cost less than an Xbox360+ a Blu Ray Player though.
    I would considerit basically only as a console, as BR are still too expensive and I'm fine with the image's quality of DVDs.
    Also, the PS3 doesn't have much exclusive games as it used to, so I was actually surprised it kept costing so much.

It's not going down in price because it is still ridiculously expensive to produce.

You have to keep a certain profit percentage - it's a business after all - and I don't think it's big. Remember, at first Sony was losing money with each PS3 they sold.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    being a two-in-one product, it could cost less than an Xbox360+ a Blu Ray Player though.
    I would considerit basically only as a console, as BR are still too expensive and I'm fine with the image's quality of DVDs.
    Also, the PS3 doesn't have much exclusive games as it used to, so I was actually surprised it kept costing so much.

Problem I think its that it is still a much more superior Blu-Ray player than what you can buy otherwise....most standalone system are non-upgradable(firmware, multi-media codec wise), and most are very slow compare to what most are used to on a DVD player. People are buying PS3 for home theater, it supports full HDMI functionality and all the HD A/V format and is constantly being upgraded by Sony to support more function(True HD audio...etc), plus it plays video game....I am sure that drives the price point...consider a high end blu-ray player still costs 3-400 bucks, and is still less capable than PS3...

That said, I am still not buying a PS3 anytime soon just because I could make the same argument and add a $200 BD-ROM to my PC which is also hooked up to my HDTV and blow PS3 out of the water, so I really need the price and game incentive for me to jump in.....PS3 + GT5 for $300, I might just do it...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 06-03-2009 at 06:49 AM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Problem I think its that it is still a much more superior Blu-Ray player than what you can buy otherwise....most standalone system are non-upgradable(firmware, multi-media codec wise), and most are very slow compare to what most are used to on a DVD player. People are buying PS3 for home theater, it supports full HDMI functionality and all the HD A/V format and is constantly being upgraded by Sony to support more function(True HD audio...etc), plus it plays video game....I am sure that drives the price point...consider a high end blu-ray player still costs 3-400 bucks, and is still less capable than PS3...

That said, I am still not buying a PS3 anytime soon just because I could make the same argument and add a $200 BD-ROM to my PC which is also hooked up to my HDTV and blow PS3 out of the water, so I really need the price and game incentive for me to jump in.....PS3 + GT5 for $300, I might just do it...
    That's a strong point for sure, but I consider it just s a console, therefore, it's simply freaking expensive. BR movies cost about 25 €, the cheaper one, and there is no way I'm going to pay that money for them, so hail to the DVD!
    Apart from that, by the time the PS3 will reach something even like 300 € (GT5 included) I would have already bought a 360 with FM3 and completed it.
    Don't know the North America prices, here the 360 is sold for 280€ (the mid version), while the PS3 starts at 440€.
    That means that basically the day FM3 will be released, a supposedly FM3 edition would already cost 300€.

Just exchange the Euro sign for Dollar and add maybe $40 and we are pretty close...lol

I've gone HD a while ago and I do appreciates the improvement of 1080p over DVD's 480p, so for me BD is worth having. I still think PS3 is a bit more rounded compare to 360 at things outside of being a game console, but at the same time I am a heavy PC user and many of the added benefit of a PS3 is already taken by my computer....

I also want to play MSG4, but by itself its not tempting me to splurge just yet....lol
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Gran Turismo and Forza make Need For Speed look like crap.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

wen wil u ps3 fagz reelise it sux
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

gt5 sure is going to bring alot

i dont believe that its going to be that many cars and if u have to pay for them lets say 5$ 50 cars and if there was like 10000 cars than u would spend another 1000$ dollars to fufill the game and thats not acceptable price to any of us so the good news is that there will BE
    Nascar Le Mans WRC and other things so it looks pretty promising its taking 4 years to build game it better be good paying so much money for something thats not worht it would be a disaster THX for reading

Gran Turismo: The Official Site watch the video in it

Thread Information