View Poll Results: Which 1 will win a street drag race?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supra

3 23.08%
  • Skyline GT-R

3 23.08%
  • NSX

5 38.46%
  • 3000GT

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline GT-R vs 3000GT vs NSX

Every car fanatic knows (or should know) that the NSX and Skyline are the biggest Japanese Rivals. Racing, production, and power. Anyway, I took a little bit more liking to the NSX. Low, 2 door, targa, and great looking. Anyway, it has been a few years since a new version of the Skyline went into production, but NSX has a newer version released less than 3 years ago. Anyway, Skylines and NSXs are rivals morely in Japan since the Skyline isn't sold over in the U.S. But besides that, both are great, and you get your money's worth for both of them. Skyline about 20K less . But the NSX has a bit of a rival in the U.S. The Ferrari 355 models are primarily it, since a race test against a 575 Maranello killed the NSX. But in conclusion, all 4 are great 2-doors, and look good when modified.

i think i've seen a motoring video where the GTR demolishes all of these cars.. the slowest being the 3000GT, Supra, NSX.. dont think they used the NSX-R for the quarter mile but the R33 kicked..

In the in land down under....

i love the supra but when you look at the statistics you cant be blinded by your dedication to your car. the NSX would win. fortunately where i live in oz there is no such thing as n NSX (iv never even heard of one before this thread) and as for 3000GTs what the hell are they??? i dont even know who makes them! in this part of the world its skyline vs supra and theres never been a clear winner, i got to to test drive a modded twin turbo supra the other day, soooo getting one!
    The Datto will rage again...

We never got the 3000GT officially from Japan, even so it would have come as the GTO. As for the NSX, its been selling here for quite a while actually, since its launch im pretty sure back in the early 90's
    I am the Stig

NSX have bigger displacement, so basically with all the other goodies you guys mention above, it should be a clear winner.

I never see the mitsu 3000gt drag before i can't judge

between GTR and Supra, it all depends on what kind of drag you are after. We have 0-400m drag and 0-1000m drag. Supra loose out if you want 0-400m drag as the GTR seems to have better aceloration at first gear, giving it some advantage at the first 400m. If you are talking about 1km drag, supra win for sure as supra have great speed at 5th and 6 gear, which is good enough to pull ahead of the GTR 1/2second.

I don't have any proof with me but i've seen them drag before. It could be one driver is better than another one, but alot of people tell me that supra have great 5th and 6th gear speed, so i guess it is true.

And holy crap look at craig paisley's supra!! i just got the video.. cool.

The acura is way better
    which NSX r u talking about, 1996 ???

You guys have it wrong, the shoot out isnt between the NSX and the Skyline. The true shoot out is the Supra and the Skyline on a straight,But on a track the shoot out is the 3000GT and the NSX, As the 3000GT was designed as a rival for the NSX. The AWD and AWS in addition to the twin turbo 3.0 DOHC rules the 3000GT supreme on a track....But what would give you the idea to drag race one?????

You two are going to die an early death.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

didn't get a chance to vote but i would have voted for the supra toyota did an amazing job on that car. The NSX is awesome too
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

i know this is an off topic question... but it seems like r34 has been banned for about a year now... i thought it was feb when he got banned? Anyway, is he gonna be alowed back soon or is he a lifer?
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

My favourite is the NSX
    Nancy goes to a gyneacologist
    "Nancy... I'm afraid you have acute vaginitis"
    Nancy replies "Thank you"

hmmm where would a noble m12 gto3 compare to these

At our local drag strip the Skyline GTRs can run 12.1 standard tyres stage One tune. Supras suffer on road tyres I beat a 600bhp One at 12.3 but on good tyres and big engine mods the Supras will be in the 10s also the GTRs. NSX good for track but not drag. 3000 GT too heavy but who cares they look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Why don't you just look? It takes the rest of us just as long to look it up as it might take you... Anyway, I checked my Huge Performance Listings, and here's the fastest I found for each:

1997 Acura NSX-T - 13.3
    1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 - 13.5
    1993 Toyota Supra Turbo - 13.4
    1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R - 13.7

So, the NSX wins on the straight according to statistics, but you can bet you'd never be able to tell the difference if you were driving. If you ask me, drag racing times are totally overrated.

For my relatively educated view, the NSX is the all-around winner by default, being better balanced, more reliable than most, and the glamour of a mid engined layout. Not to mention the most important quality in a sports car, the NSX weighs far less than any of the others.

Oops, I wasn't supposed to compare. Oh darn. I guess I just couldn't resist pointing out how irrelevent drag racing statistics are in such a close match.
    Actually the NSX-R is faster than the NSX-T... but all NSX's are friggin quick!

Useless newbie.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information