Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nooooo :(

That particular Mini looks like it's trying too hard.

just get it in the Electric Blue without stripes or the little driving lights and I'll be envious of you .....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

also being an owner of a cooper S, I highly recommend them. they are an awesome little car, as long as you arent expecting to have a ton of space. they do have more than a TT but not by much. head room in back is excellent, and if there is a short driver, I at 6' 1'', 185 lbs. can fit comfortably in the back. there are few cars more fun to drive, although the torque steer is a bitch, especially when the alignment is a bit off, as mine is now. gas miliage is tolerable if you dont have a lead foot. i am averaging 26 mpg (US not Imperial) but i drive the crap out of it, and spend the remaining time in stop-and-go traffic. the suspension is a bit stiff as well, especially when combined with run-flats. on crappy roads you get abused. with those small exceptions, it it fantastic to flog about. its the kind of car that begs you to drive faster.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

my uncle wanted to buy one when thye first came out. back seat is scary. if u get hit by a car from the back. but we was driving going into 5th and went to third accidently, hit the gas and it flew. great car
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    I agree, it's got too much plastic and it's nothing like the old Mini. I would be more than happy to get cars like the old Mini or Fiat 500 for first car but I have doubts they're gonna break down every minute.
    I have an old mini. If you maintain it as was designed to be maintained (oil change every three months, check the tune, check fluids every weekend) it'll be as reliable as anything. Now that I've perfect the water shielding it doesn't even stop in the rain with all the spray from the cars I'm following! Sure I can't use first gear at the moment, but that's just because the gearbox is dying an horrible slow death.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    I have an old mini. If you maintain it as was designed to be maintained (oil change every three months, check the tune, check fluids every weekend) it'll be as reliable as anything. Now that I've perfect the water shielding it doesn't even stop in the rain with all the spray from the cars I'm following! Sure I can't use first gear at the moment, but that's just because the gearbox is dying an horrible slow death.
    I would change oil every month!!!

And of course I would also do those checks not just on weekends, but whenever I have time.

I'm gonna try to convince my mom, but I hope it can handle the huge American roads. I've always been told that this type of cars is too little for me.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    I would change oil every month!!!

And of course I would also do those checks not just on weekends, but whenever I have time.

I'm gonna try to convince my mom, but I hope it can handle the huge American roads. I've always been told that this type of cars is too little for me.
    Are the original minis available much over there? Handling roads isn't really a problem, but you handling winter in it might be.. some have heaters, but not all.. mines doesn't, and I tend to have to drive it with the window at least partially down...

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    I said that but he's going for practicality. The only reason he's ditching the TT is because my sister is getting too tall for the back now. Other than that he would be extremely reluctant to sell as it is a very good car.
    The Mini is a way better car. And your father will soon agree with me.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Why not to buy the new Renault Clio RS?

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    Why not to buy the new Renault Clio RS?
    Considering he is thinking buying second hand Mini Cooper S, the new Clio could be tad too expensive. However, the old Clio 182 is worth a look as well.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Considering he is thinking buying second hand Mini Cooper S, the new Clio could be tad too expensive. However, the old Clio 182 is worth a look as well.
    I haven't read great things about the interior quality of the Clio 182, might be a bit hard for an ex-TT owner
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    I haven't read great things about the interior quality of the Clio 182, might be a bit hard for an ex-TT owner
    Yes but as far as driving is concerned is known to be one of the best buys. That said did you know why we went for a Mini instead of the hot Renault?... Exactly...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Oh I am well aware of it's driving abilities, bloke in a warehouse near my work's has one and he definately shows it off
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information