Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New bike time

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Mine is black but I disagree

Triumph == a mix of rust and oil, all Triumph owners know why
    LOL

re the Micron, are you guys allowed to have full race cans or are they the road legal versions. What about removable baffles - legal or not ? I run a full race with the "race only" dremelled off and a CE plate rivetted on. So on first look PC plod thinks it a legal if a "little noisy" exhaust
    doesn't that get a bit tiring when riding around though? the full on noise all the time
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

These guys ride motorbikes.

Delibrately.

Chances are they actually Like The noise.

They also like dressing in leather so, you know......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    These guys ride motorbikes.

Delibrately.

Chances are they actually Like The noise.

no accounting for taste...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

God Bless them though.

Without Motorbikes, I wouldn't have a kidney

I don't need a third kidney, but you never know......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

The thing about bikers wearing leather that pisses me off is that green peace never throws red paint on a biker, just little old ladys wearing fur. If they really believed in their whole no wearing animal skin thing you'd think they'd be able to stick to their principles better. Hypocritcal snobs.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    The thing about bikers wearing leather that pisses me off is that green peace never throws red paint on a biker, just little old ladys wearing fur. If they really believed in their whole no wearing animal skin thing you'd think they'd be able to stick to their principles better. Hypocritcal snobs.
    The thing is, leather is generally made from cows. And Cows are not endangered, they're actually bred to make leather and other commodities.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    Originally Posted by teatako
    I´ll take the brunette in the second pic.

i'll take the bikes, thank
    boys, boys have you not learned
    ..... take the bikes AND the burds

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    doesn't that get a bit tiring when riding around though? the full on noise all the time
    Can do but on those occasions that what ear plugs are for
    Mine, if I throttle of to just a "tickle" then it's "quiet " and will appease any police officer who shows interest. The advantage then if any ass-hole tin can driver doesn't see me I can blip the throttlw and scare the sh!t out of them and wakens them up into paying better attention to road users

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Stooopid poster
    Coos and kangaroos are NOT bred for the leather.
    First thing we eat the meat ( and in the latter just reduce the infestations ).
    They are not confined to cages to prevent damage to the pelt.
    THAT is what the protestors are complaining about.
    Fur animals provide no other produce beyonf the pelt.

Yes you will come across the vegan extremists who will also have a go at leather and will not wear leather shoes. Those I respect as it is the "total animal quality of life" that concenrs them , not just the bits they don't liek -- ie fur haters who munch MacDonalds

Suggest you research the larger issues and protestors of the fur trade and purchasers of the output before coming across a hypocritical snob !!!!

Don't knock bike riding till you've tried it on a decent bike on decent roads. Once car fans get enough balls to ride fast they realise how tame the performance and buzz of a car is.

As for the leather ... any rider who doesn't wear full leathers is an idiot and a good candidate for the organ donor program. I've ridden in all weathers and even thehottest French summers aroudn Le Mans I wear full leathers as you never know when some retard in a tin can might hit you. Gravel rash takes on a whole new level when the skins removed by tarmac at the rate of an inch of skin for every yard travelled.

re the Micron, are you guys allowed to have full race cans or are they the road legal versions. What about removable baffles - legal or not ? I run a full race with the "race only" dremelled off and a CE plate rivetted on. So on first look PC plod thinks it a legal if a "little noisy" exhaust
    Le...gal?

It has some little plate on the back of the can but haven't actually read it yet. Doesn't matter about baffles etc etc, just gotta be under the noise limit. There was a push by the Govt. a few years ago for all exhausts to require an ADR plate, stock or aftermarket, but that fell by the wayside fortunately.

And:

Don't knock bike riding till you've tried it on a decent bike on decent roads. Once car fans get enough balls to ride fast they realise how tame the performance and buzz of a car is.
    This.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 01-23-2009 at 04:57 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Coos and kangaroos are NOT bred for the leather.
    First thing we eat the meat ( and in the latter just reduce the infestations ).
    haha, most of my (limited) experience on bikes is on dirtbikes rounding up the former and chasing down the latter.
    i actually think i prefer dirt/off road biking to roadbikes.

Just be happy you're not in NY. I heard that they're making loud exhausts illegal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/18/ny...=1&ref=thecity

By the way, nice bike.

exactly as per us, sorry but I'm betting they're copying the worst of the UK nanny state sorry guys.
    THat's why I've an illegal CE plate saying the exhaust is legal. So it takes a PC with a noise meter to make the call Looking at it they see a plate saying the sound level is within limits
    2ndclass, the "baffle" I refer to are not the normal "internal" baffles. These are typically cone shaped with holes and are rivetted into the end of the pipe. WIth these in place they are within noise limits but lose a little power. So you drill the rivet and use a screw instead and now we have an exhaust we can swap from legal and back Heard tale of guy blasting past police car on fujll crack with open exhaust. Saw them and pulled over and stuffed the baffle back in. Rumour is he got done as it was screw rather than rivet. Not had it confirmed tho !!

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I'm not 100% on removable baffles, I don't think they're allowed, they've gotta be permanent in the exhaust IIRC.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information