Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Permission to board? Whiteballz' GTR

Those Enkeis are among the lightest wheels on the market, good choice. I remember looking at those when I went through a Miata phase. I'm not a huge fan of the design but unsprung weight doesn't lie.

EDIT: Please do, Fleet.
    Double Ninja EDIT: The blog is great, man.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 01-15-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Tell you what Fleet, I'll leave the burnouts to you.

You leave mountain runs and track days to me.

Ninja Edit: I love the design on the Enkei RPF01's. how the look on a car can change very easily due to offset and sizing.

The below image is the colour of the car with the Enkei's in discussion, However I would be getting a wider size with a bigger offset (Dish) and would look much more aggressive.

Last edited by whiteballz; 01-15-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I take back my previous statement. They are a little too dainty for an already-dainty NA Miata, but they contrast the whale-like Godzirra nicely.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Tell you what Fleet, I'll leave the burnouts to you.

You leave mountain runs and track days to me.

Ninja Edit: I love the design on the Enkei RPF01's. how the look on a car can change very easily due to offset and sizing.

The below image is the colour of the car with the Enkei's in discussion, However I would be getting a wider size with a bigger offset (Dish) and would look much more aggressive.

Okay, I'll be the official burnout member.
    But you can still do some speedo views of acceleration!
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Those Enkeis are among the lightest wheels on the market, good choice. I remember looking at those when I went through a Miata phase. I'm not a huge fan of the design but unsprung weight doesn't lie.

EDIT: Please do, Fleet.
    Double Ninja EDIT: The blog is great, man.
    Hellcat, you really shouldn't encourage me!
    I've done more than my share over the last 30 years.

At some point I may need a hand to do a postie bike burnout vid..

.. By which I mean someone to lift the back end up to get it started. :P
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    At some point I may need a hand to do a postie bike burnout vid..

.. By which I mean someone to lift the back end up to get it started. :P
    That's cheating!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    That's cheating!
    When you have 105cc and 7.5hp on a good day, you need a bit of a helping hand.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

There is a saying among drag (and street) racers... "Drive it like you hate it!"
    Meaning even if you like your car, don't be afraid to drive it hard at times.
    As an Endurance fan the opinions of Drag and Street racers really don't rank very highly.

My passion is cars. My dream cars i love, and when i will get to own one of them i will love and protect it, as that car will have to outlast me, and that is not done by "Drive it like you hate it" - because that is one sure way to destroy the clutch, gearbox and in the end the engine!
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Quick update. This thing spins all four on a flat up shift to second.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Will the Eneki wheels be stiff enough?

There isn't a lot of metal there...
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    As an Endurance fan the opinions of Drag and Street racers really don't rank very highly.

My passion is cars. My dream cars i love, and when i will get to own one of them i will love and protect it, as that car will have to outlast me, and that is not done by "Drive it like you hate it" - because that is one sure way to destroy the clutch, gearbox and in the end the engine!
    Driving a car hard is not the same as abusing it.

I drove my '66 Dodge Dart GT V-8 hard (taking it up to 75 mph in 2nd gear, numerous burnouts, etc) and never a complaint from the engine or drivetrain.

My passion is cars, too, but I like to use their power at times. If I don't, I might as well drive a white, 4-door, 4-cylinder Toyota Camry!

Driving a car hard is not the same as abusing it.

I drove my '66 Dodge Dart GT V-8 hard (taking it up to 75 mph in 2nd gear, numerous burnouts, etc) and never a complaint from the engine or drivetrain.

My passion is cars, too, but I like to use their power at times. If I don't, I might as well drive a white, 4-door, 4-cylinder Toyota Camry!
    Why?
    There is so much more to the joy of driving a car, than driving it hard as you describe.
    That is for an example to do 80km/h (legal speed limit in DK) at a twisty country road, and just feel how the car handles.
    Another example is the sheer joy of simply driving a car you love.
    For me the Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI is my dream car (the T16 being the ultimate). I have no plans to test it's 0-100 time, breaking the speed limit or driving the gears out. But still, i know i will enjoy that car every time i drive it, especially small trips on country roads, will give me a grin on my face so people confuse me of Jack Nicholson as the Joker.

But not to hijack more of Whiteballz thread, i think a major part of our difference in this matter, is our origins car history . (Europeans stereotypical liking small quick handling cars, and Americans stereotypical liking bigger more brutal "drag" cars)
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    Why?
    There is so much more to the joy of driving a car, than driving it hard as you describe.
    That is for an example to do 80km/h (legal speed limit in DK) at a twisty country road, and just feel how the car handles.
    Another example is the sheer joy of simply driving a car you love.
    For me the Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI is my dream car (the T16 being the ultimate). I have no plans to test it's 0-100 time, breaking the speed limit or driving the gears out. But still, i know i will enjoy that car every time i drive it, especially small trips on country roads, will give me a grin on my face so people confuse me of Jack Nicholson as the Joker.

But not to hijack more of Whiteballz thread, i think a major part of our difference in this matter, is our origins car history . (Europeans stereotypical liking small quick handling cars, and Americans stereotypical liking bigger more brutal "drag" cars)
    Actually, driving a car at high speeds on twisty country roads probably can also be called "hard driving." It's harder on the suspension and tires to drive a car at those speeds compared to driving it at slow(er) speeds.

As for driving it hard (meaning acceleration and/or burnouts) how many car guys have not, at one time or another, used the power of their car? Either using full-throttle from a dead stop or while moving (to perhaps pass another car)?

I own one of my dream cars... my '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine. I drive it gently to moderately almost all the time. I have done some burnouts with it (mainly when it was my only car) and have taken it up to 95 mph. But now it's driven more gently and only about 2-3 times per month.

But with my '66 Plymouth, it's almost impossible to drive that car gently for any length of time. Not with that big-block engine and the ample low-end torque.

(Not intending to hijack the thread, too.)

Actually, driving a car at high speeds on twisty country roads probably can also be called "hard driving." It's harder on the suspension and tires to drive a car at those speeds compared to driving it at slow(er) speeds.

As for driving it hard (meaning acceleration and/or burnouts) how many car guys have not, at one time or another, used the power of their car? Either using full-throttle from a dead stop or while moving (to perhaps pass another car)?

I own one of my dream cars... my '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine. I drive it gently to moderately almost all the time. I have done some burnouts with it (mainly when it was my only car) and have taken it up to 95 mph. But now it's driven more gently and only about 2-3 times per month.

But with my '66 Plymouth, it's almost impossible to drive that car gently for any length of time. Not with that big-block engine and the ample low-end torque.

(Not intending to hijack the thread, too.)
    80Km/h is not quick, and don't push the car in any way, which can be considered Hard .

Well i don't think any one with a drivers license hasn't done full throttle. But there is big difference between doing it in a "normal car" and a "dream car".

But again, the cars you mentioned is a lot different that European and Japanese cars.
    And again, i think it comes down to what origin the car has, and the driver too.
    And there lies the reason to your discussion.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Thread Information