Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rene Bonnet/Matra - D'Jet/Jet

just a small contribution, one of the tubular framed Le Mans cars, at the 2008 Le Mans Classic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That is a superb looking car.....
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    just a small contribution, one of the tubular framed Le Mans cars, at the 2008 Le Mans Classic.
    I think this is the car that also was displayed at Retromobile 2007, restored by the company E.P.A.F. The engine in this car is a 1000cc twin cam. I think I have some pictures of the engine somewhere.
    René Bonnet Djet
    Simca 1200 S Coupé

Quote Originally Posted by MartB View Post
    I think this is the car that also was displayed at Retromobile 2007, restored by the company E.P.A.F. The engine in this car is a 1000cc twin cam. I think I have some pictures of the engine somewhere.
    You are right, this is chassis LM7005 and was shown at Retrombile, chassis 7013 was also in Le Mans this year but I have not seen that one on track so I only have a paddock shot. It looks much "fatter" than 7005.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    It looks much "fatter" than 7005.
    That is because it is a so called Aerodjet with a special aerodynamic body.
    René Bonnet Djet
    Simca 1200 S Coupé

On this web page you can see both Djets in the paddock at Le Mans Classic (other Djets as well). You clearly see the long tail on the Aerodjet. It´s also possible to see the twin cam engine I was talking about earlier.

Le Mans Classic 2008 CR bref
    René Bonnet Djet
    Simca 1200 S Coupé

On this web page you can see both Djets in the paddock at Le Mans Classic (other Djets as well). You clearly see the long tail on the Aerodjet. It´s also possible to see the twin cam engine I was talking about earlier.

Le Mans Classic 2008 CR bref
    yep, I've got similar pictures, also of the engine....

Henk, I forgot to say, the track picture you have taken of the René Bonnet is superb. Thanks !
    René Bonnet Djet
    Simca 1200 S Coupé

Henk, I forgot to say, the track picture you have taken of the René Bonnet is superb. Thanks !
    one of the very few I was able to take.

need some info

my neighbor has a 1968 Matra djet 6 that I am thinking about buying. My question is what is it worth? If does need a complete restoration, it has some broken/missing parts (taillight lens, windshield wiper, interior pieces, etc, etc) Any websites I can check out?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    my neighbor has a 1968 Matra djet 6 that I am thinking about buying. My question is what is it worth? If does need a complete restoration, it has some broken/missing parts (taillight lens, windshield wiper, interior pieces, etc, etc) Any websites I can check out?
    Found this one

http://webmycar.com/zonecar/webacar....ATRA%24Jet%205

a good one for 22000 Euro, a restoration project for 5000.
    Try French websites for parts, the Matra Club might give some price indications.
    Availability in the USA could however be problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,
    It´s not easy to give a correct price level for a Djet. It's a very unusual car, with a total production of less than 1700 cars (222 of them are Djet 6). Very often they have been modified, so non originality may also affect the price level.
    However, prices have increased quite a lot in recent years. Several cars have been on sale for prices from 20000 to 30000 euros, but that is of course for cars in very good condition. I think a reasonably sound car can be bought for around 10-15000 euros.

I would recommend you to check the website of Club Djet: Bienvenue
    It´s almost necessary to be a member of a club for Djets. Joining a club makes it a somewhat easier to find parts. It´s still not easy but some parts are re-manufactured by the clubs.

Good luck!
    René Bonnet Djet
    Simca 1200 S Coupé

Thanks for the info. when I get a chance I'll try to post some pictures

I have a 1964 René Bonnet, its in driving condition. Today, after a bit of work, we got a new 'road licence' for two more years!

Fantastic, mk75, please create your own thread and post us some details and pictures
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information