Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Glad I could be of help Double clutching is not too hard, basically its the same as i described before except with a slight tap on the throttle in neutral. Doing it without the clutch is more difficult, and tough on the transmission, but for me it was worth it to really get a feel for how the engine and transmission work together. You don't really need to go to an isolated spot (unless you live in the city?) any time you've got a bit of distance between the car in front of you you can practice syncroed 3-4-3-4-3-4 shifts all day long.

Driving a with a 16 year old transmission that wasn't even strong enough for the engine when it was brand new and is probably the only bad component on the car... I learned to double clutch fairly quickly
Great minds think alike.

My favourite trick is to go through all the gears without anyone noticing- it's like you're being transported via a magic carpet

Also, coming up to certain roundabouts, I know exactly which speed for which gear- so the magic carpet effect continues! 28mph for third, 39mph for 4th, 50mph for 5th.

Double clutching is one thing I'd love to learn, but modern engines have no real call for it.