Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Celebrates Territory Sales Record

Ford Celebrates Territory Sales Record

Ford Celebrates Territory Sales Record
    Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Ford Territory has marked the first anniversary of its introduction to the Australian market with an all-time sales record, achieving 2,537 sales for the month of June.

"Territory has been an outstanding success for Ford Australia since it officially went on sale this time last year," said Ford Australia Marketing and Sales Vice President Bruce McDonald.
    "On top of the host of motoring awards it has received, including Wheels Magazine Car of the Year 2004, Territory has clearly struck a chord with Australian new car buyers with its unique mix of car-like handling, traditional SUV packaging and people mover versatility."
    Over 26,000 Territory models have been sold since it was launched during mid 2004.

However, Territory was not the only Ford model to achieve record sales during June, with Falcon Ute and Fiesta also setting new sales benchmarks.
    "Falcon Ute had its best month ever with a record 2,065 sales, surpassing the previous record set in June last year," Mr McDonald said.
    "Fiesta also established a new June record with 434 sales, an increase of 39 per cent compared to the same month last year."
    Mr McDonald said the Territory, Falcon Ute and Fiesta results were just some of the highlights for the company in the June sales figures.
    Total Ford SUV sales were the best on record (2,828 vehicles), while the Courier range performed exceptionally well in the Light Truck sector.
    Courier 4x2 achieved its best result in seven years and its second best result on record with sales of 446 vehicles.
    Courier 4x4 sales of 479 vehicles was the best result since June 2001, contributing to the second highest total Courier sales on record.

Falcon achieved its best result to date for 2005 with 5,433 sales – an increase of 19.9 per cent on the previous month – contributing to total Passenger sales of 6,631 vehicles.

"Ford sold a total of 12,951 vehicles during June, taking the company's second quarter figures to 34,421 vehicles, which is our best Q2 result since 1997," Mr McDonald said.

Overall, total Ford sales year-to-date are up by 2,410 units or 3.7 per cent compared to the same period last year.

Ford Performance Vehicles also recorded its best sales result to date in 2005, with 212 vehicles retailed during June, to be just one unit shy of the all-time record set in December last year.
    Following the recent launch of the F6 Tornado Ute, FPV achieved a record month of high performance Ute sales (46 vehicles), while total FPV sales year-to-date are up by 27 per cent compared to the same period in 2004.
    "This positive result is proof that the exciting F6 Typhoon and F6 Tornado are attracting new customers to our business, while the popularity of our core products – the iconic GT, GT-P and Pursuit Ute – continues to be as strong as ever," Ford Performance Vehicles Managing Director David Flint said.
    "We came close to a new record this month and I am positive it won't be too long before we see a higher benchmark being set by our dealers.

Highlights of the Ford Territory's first year include:
    Overall No.1 selling SUV in Australia for 12 consecutive months No.1 selling Medium SUV in Australia for 12 consecutive months Wheels Magazine Car of the Year 2004 Australia's Best Car Awards – Best Recreational 4WD (Territory TX AWD) Courier Mail Queensland Car of the Year 2004 (Territory RWD) Courier Mail QLD COTY – Outstanding Family Car (Territory RWD) Courier Mail QLD COTY – Outstanding Recreational Vehicle (Territory AWD) News Limited – Star Car Award 2004 Australian Design Award of the Year Export program to South Africa announced

I can name a fair few people who'll be the least bit pleased about having 2500 more Tezza's on the road

If they keep selling 2000 utes, 5000 Falcons and 2000-2500 Territory's though, they'll need to increase capacity, again. Might be time for that second shift, especially if the car really picks up in appeal in South Africa (and subsequently convinces Ford to re-release the Falcon there)
    I am the Stig

I might be driving one in October
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Will it be yours though

Have you seen Nizpro's Tezza? Apparently it does low 11's
    I am the Stig

No havent seen that one but what a wild rise that would be

My brother wants to hire one for Bathurst he says we can stick a double bed matress in the rear and sleep on it and my nephew can sleep in the buckets up front
    But if we get one and get on top of the hill you wont be able to miss us...
    It will be the only tezza on 2 wheels

well dont tell the hire company that story or it'll never happen
    I am the Stig

Might only end up with a BA or VZ base in the end if the terra is to expensive. Or at worst a Tarago

i dare say to rent it'll be more, they'll probably try charge you full 4x4 charges or something even though its maybe $4K more than a falcon
    I am the Stig

Eruocar has a Falcon or similar for 3 days for $160.64 i think that is very good.
    We night pick it up Friday Morn and get up there Friday afternoon? Take the car back Monday Morning. If all goes well
    But we wont the tezza for some extra room and we wont to sleep in it to

$160 seems alright, although i havent rented or shopped around for a car before Half of that is probably on insurance
    I am the Stig

$22 per/day insurance Even a wagon is only $5 per/day more, And my brother says when you drive a wagon you cant tell most of the time it's a wagon might also be a option for us. But i know my brother wants to test the tezza and Adventra if he can I might tell him if they have a VZ Executive and BA MkII XT. We could pick the BA for Comfort or the VZ for a little better fuel econemy. But really i dont think we will care i'll drive a BA NP and he will drive a VZ NP also. But we would love a 5speed

im sure if he drove an Adventra, especially the V6, he'd be constantly in your ear about how crap the gear shift buttons for the auto are
    I am the Stig

Not just that he moans about everything

well it'd be one of those things that he'd dig into you about holden being shit and ford superior, dontcha think everyones complained about those buttons on the new auto
    I am the Stig

Even i did When i went at sat in one i thought WTF

Thread Information