Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    There is a reason that race cars are limited through rules and regs.
    exactly true , but its still seriously doubtfull that a car could be made to perform like in the above X1 Nord video

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    exactly true , but its still seriously doubtfull that a car could be made to perform like in the above X1 Nord video
    Im sure it could happen. The problem is more finding a human capable of executing turns that quickly without crashing.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    Im sure it could happen. The problem is more finding a human capable of executing turns that quickly without crashing.
    They'd need to recruit an Air Force pilot. F22s pull can sustain 9G turns way longer than any car..... But hell, he would need a G Suit

And I just won a Veyron only to find you can't increase HP beyond 1166. :*(
    Got the weight to 1400KG though....
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    They'd need to recruit an Air Force pilot. F22s pull can sustain 9G turns way longer than any car..... But hell, he would need a G Suit

And I just won a Veyron only to find you can't increase HP beyond 1166. :*(
    Got the weight to 1400KG though....
    Does doing an oil change give you more HP like it used to?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

The problem would be slightly harder to solve than the one faced by the Air Force. When a pilot pulls a 9G turn he banks into it, so the force acts down (from their persepective) their body, pulling the blood away from their head and down into their legs. A G Suit, which is the only reason they can sustain those force for more than an instant, put pressure on the legs and torso which forces at least some blood to continue flowing into the pilot's head.

I don't know much about anatomy, but I still see a few problems with using a solution like the military aviators. The accelerative forces acting on a driver wouldn't actdown on them, though would act laterally and front to back. Lateral seems to be simple, just make the suit clamp down on one side of their body at a time, however you cannot really compress the skull (which is why negative Gs are hard to combat in a plane) so the blood would be sloshing to a certain side of the brain depending on the type of corner. This would make drivers very creative when going through left-handers and very pragmatic and analytical when headed through right-handers but would also reduce some functions key to driving, regardless of the corner.

Lastly; the front-to-back forces from acceleration and braking. I assume this thing accelerates forwards a lot slower than a Top Fuel dragster does, and people manage to take those down the quarter with no assistance, however if a modern F1 car can brake at 5Gs this thing can probably brake at 10 or something crazy like that. At that level of force at the very least, the drivers eyes would feel ready to rip out of their sockets along with more weird stuff probably happening to the brain.
    I'm probably full of shit on most of this but still; food for thought.

At the risk of completely sidetracking this thread, what sort of power/cornering Gs would be the maximum a human could take driving an hour-and-change F1 race?

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The problem would be slightly harder to solve than the one faced by the Air Force. When a pilot pulls a 9G turn he banks into it, so the force acts down (from their persepective) their body, pulling the blood away from their head and down into their legs. A G Suit, which is the only reason they can sustain those force for more than an instant, put pressure on the legs and torso which forces at least some blood to continue flowing into the pilot's head.

I don't know much about anatomy, but I still see a few problems with using a solution like the military aviators. The accelerative forces acting on a driver wouldn't actdown on them, though would act laterally and front to back. Lateral seems to be simple, just make the suit clamp down on one side of their body at a time, however you cannot really compress the skull (which is why negative Gs are hard to combat in a plane) so the blood would be sloshing to a certain side of the brain depending on the type of corner. This would make drivers very creative when going through left-handers and very pragmatic and analytical when headed through right-handers but would also reduce some functions key to driving, regardless of the corner.

Lastly; the front-to-back forces from acceleration and braking. I assume this thing accelerates forwards a lot slower than a Top Fuel dragster does, and people manage to take those down the quarter with no assistance, however if a modern F1 car can brake at 5Gs this thing can probably brake at 10 or something crazy like that. At that level of force at the very least, the drivers eyes would feel ready to rip out of their sockets along with more weird stuff probably happening to the brain.
    I'm probably full of shit on most of this but still; food for thought.

At the risk of completely sidetracking this thread, what sort of power/cornering Gs would be the maximum a human could take driving an hour-and-change F1 race?
    I believe you are missing something about the brain, because the blood wouldn't slosh around, the whole brain would, and the worry isn't about blood supply at that point (assuming the driver had a G suit), but concussion. So, a driver in addition to the G suit, would need a serious head brace and padding around the cockpit to prevent other serious bruises.

Then a G suit could theoretically affect your foot control (considering thats how they work, they squeeze the legs to push blood to the brain), and that would mess up throttle/braking.

As for front-to-back acceleration, Top Fuel cars have extreme acceleartion, only matched by their decelleration. A car could sustain as much as 7 Gs in braking. That IS enough to pull your eyes from your sockets. Its ended several driver's careers. A driver of the X1 would need some funky shit to protect their eyes. Maybe a kind of funky gel-filled set of goggles could protect their eyes. But then that would have to be fully transparent and can't have any refraction, which is impossible.

Well, an F1 car regularly sustains 4Gs in a turn, and drivers do that what, 3-4 hours for a race (not a constant 4 g turn, mind you lol).
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Does doing an oil change give you more HP like it used to?
    I think it does. I'd have to check though.
    Jimi Hendrix

Im guessing the driver would have to be virtual, real car with no physical driver. Completing taking the point out of driving it. I hear that top-fuel dragster pilot's are required to hold their breath to prevent chest compression and lung collapse during acceleration.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Hey,
    Can you tell me where do i get it completely free.I have heard that it is really good game to play so i really want it.Can anyone help me please???
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 01-09-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: As said below, nothing is free

there is nowhere to get it free.

Even with a robotic driver that car coudl not do that in real world and it highlihts the limits of the modeling of the car physics/dynamics.
    TO have such high cornering it's using lots of ground force aerodynamics.
    WHen you clatter the 'Ring kerbs the way that vid shows the car will be launching and breaking the "seal" and dropping the groundforce aero to near zero. Thus dropping grip and it will only proceed in a straight line until such time as ground effect builds up again and the downforce returns and turning the steering wheel has an effect again.
    As a bit of fun I think it was cute. SADLY I think it demonstrates how poor a simulation model GT5 is
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Even with a robotic driver that car coudl not do that in real world and it highlihts the limits of the modeling of the car physics/dynamics.
    WHen you clatter the 'Ring kerbs the way that vid shows the car will be launching and breaking the "seal" and dropping the groundforce aero to near zero. Thus dropping grip and it will only proceed in a straight line until such time as ground effect builds up again and the downforce returns and turning the steering wheel has an effect again.
    As a bit of fun I think it was cute. SADLY I think it demonstrates how poor a simulation model GT5 is
    This is probably because whoever is driving it has the kurb traction turned to off. This is for noobs, I concede. Their is a huge difference between having it on and off, and driving on the Nord is 10X more difficult with it on. but I've managed to do it.
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    They'd need to recruit an Air Force pilot. F22s pull can sustain 9G turns way longer than any car..... But hell, he would need a G Suit.
    the F22 is not the G force king

& no , there isnt ever going to be a 3:30-ish Nord car

ever

Gran Turismo racing teams

I found this they have organised championships, you can even join a racing team and race with friends.

the site launches new years day, and the races begin straight away.

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I think in some interview Newey was quoted as saying the car was basically not designed to be possible to be driven by human...

At any rate, the faster the car, the less likely GT5 can be accurate in its model. since they are unlikely to have accurate enough data to build the model on...Kaz seems to think his game should be good enough to have just enter the right value for the vehicle parameter and the car should behave as it should, but I doubt it's that sophisticated...CarSIM can do that, but a seat of that license for a desktop sim is like 14k, and you still need to have accurate parameters to input into the model...

BTW werty, what GTR can the Zonda R not beat? That car is basically a full race car, and it should be faster than just about anything less than a LMP or Grp C car...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 12-30-2010 at 10:17 PM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information