Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki GSF250V Bandit

Suzuki GSF250V Bandit

I finally got another bike...hooray. And here it is:

It's a 2000 Suzuki GSF250V Bandit, and it's a pretty damn good ride. 250 4cyl, so it loves it a rev (16,000rpm redline), and it's heaps easy to throw around. It's such a hooligan bike, it just makes you thrash it around. My plans for it are swap the single headlight for a twin light set up, fender eliminator, hugger, and an exhaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

oooooh. shiny.

most importantly - whats the security aspects on this bike?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thought you were looking at 650's?, nice bike by the way, hope you keep this one.

My brother can fit a immobiliser for you for a good price
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    most importantly - whats the security aspects on this bike?
    Disc lock and full insurance

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Thought you were looking at 650's?, nice bike by the way, hope you keep this one.
    I was, but couldn't find anything good in my price range.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Cool, nice bike. Isn't that the same as Matra's?

Aren't headlight setups supposed to be twin anyway? Maybe the regulations are different in Australia.

some bikes in the US only have 1. nice bike very high redline have fun and don't kill yourself!

get a ducati ftw!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Cool, nice bike. Isn't that the same as Matra's?

Aren't headlight setups supposed to be twin anyway? Maybe the regulations are different in Australia.
    Matra has the 600, and I think his is the S, which is half-faired. It's also air-cooled (mine's water-cooled) And by twin headlights I mean these:

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    some bikes in the US only have 1. nice bike very high redline have fun and don't kill yourself!

get a ducati ftw!
    Naked bikes generally only have one headlight. I'd been planning on getting a Duc, but couldn't fit one into my budget. I'd have only been able to get the bike, and register it, and maybe basic insurance. This way I could afford full comprehensive insurance and a bunch of gear.

Plus this is more powerful than any of the restricted 600 Duc's anyway (45hp vs about 35hp) and about 30-4-kg lighter
    – Hunter Thompson

I think that is the best looking Suzuki product alongside the Cappuccino EA11R.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Didn't realise they ever made a 250 Bandit. Obviously didn't make it to here. Seems strange given that the limit for under 21s is 33bhp. Wouldn't be difficult to restrict/detune it a bit and sell it as a 33bhp learner-ready bike, I'd have thought.

Oh and don't forget the belly pan. Personal preference, but think they look ace.

Well we're limited to 250's here until we're on a full bike license i think, unless its just the learners permit.
    I am the Stig

I had no idea there was a 250 Bandit. What an interesting engine that is!!! I love the 400, which BTW is much better than the 600. Great sounding engines.
    I really hope you don't fit those hideous headlights to an otherwise lovely bike.

I would love one of those but they were never sold here...
    But a 400 would be nice too.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini View Post
    Didn't realise they ever made a 250 Bandit. Obviously didn't make it to here. Seems strange given that the limit for under 21s is 33bhp. Wouldn't be difficult to restrict/detune it a bit and sell it as a 33bhp learner-ready bike, I'd have thought.

Oh and don't forget the belly pan. Personal preference, but think they look ace.
    Yeah, it was a mostly Japan-only thing. Mine is one of the Aussie-import ones, which only were here for a year or two, but the original GSF250 came out in 1988. And it's definitely getting a belly-pan: AuSFR Imports - CARCASS BELLYPAN

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Well we're limited to 250's here until we're on a full bike license i think, unless its just the learners permit.
    Nope, LAMS FTW. 150kw/tonne till you've had your P's for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    I had no idea there was a 250 Bandit. What an interesting engine that is!!! I love the 400, which BTW is much better than the 600. Great sounding engines.
    I really hope you don't fit those hideous headlights to an otherwise lovely bike.

I would love one of those but they were never sold here...
    But a 400 would be nice too.
    The 400 is hard to get a hold of here. Not many 400s are on the restricted rider lists, and they generally aren't popular with unrestricted licence holders, except the VFR/RVF 400. I wouldn't let Matra hear you say the 400 is better than the 600 either, he might get angry And the headlights will look freakin' sweet.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 08-03-2007 at 07:26 PM.
    – Hunter Thompson

looks pretty damn neat
    hope it doesn't meet the same fate as the last one
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Excellent choice of bike 2ndclasscitizen!
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

There's a really nice range of bits on Banditmania. I think they'll post to Oz. Probably wouldn't go for any of the bellypans with the lights in, mind.

I think Matra's is the 1250. Might be the 1200. One of the two anyway, so I don't think he'd disagree on the 600/650...

Out of curiosity, how much does the 250 weigh? Cos I was looking at a new Bandit 650, but the bloody thing weighs 220kg, which seems a bit mad for a so-called "middleweight". Didn't do much for my confidence on it, either.

Thread Information