Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Need For Speed:Shift

Agreed. When they bring us a next gen Hot Pursuit then I'll give NFS the time of day again. Too much of an identity crisis going on with that franchise lately. I'll be saving my money for Forza as well. Not saying Shift isn't a good game, but I don't see it offering the gameplay plethora that FM3 will.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Hmm.. I should clarify the earlier.. I believe Shift is the best NFS since Porsche Unleashed. Hot Pursuit 2 might be the low point in the series.. though the dreck pumped out in the last few years would probably battle for that if I had played them.

Tried the demo for 10 sec at Spa and Can't make it through the lap....the steering feels very odd with G25...have to figure out if there is something to adjust(was late, playing MGS4 til I forgot about the time on a worknight...)
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Tried the demo for 10 sec at Spa and Can't make it through the lap....the steering feels very odd with G25...have to figure out if there is something to adjust(was late, playing MGS4 til I forgot about the time on a worknight...)
    Lot of ppl complaining about the G25 performance in Shift....I think there's a patch coming for it.

I am not sure as whether it might be a performance issue or just a strange graphical thing(I really only spent 10 sec, wasn't working, so I went to sleep, lol), there is either a delay in my input to the game, or a delay shown on the graphic and kinda f-ing with my actual response...just felt odd...

The graphic looks more polished in that new NFS/GRID/DIRT kind of way with the bloom and HDR and stuff, obviously newer looking than all the Simbin games of yore, but if I can't get the control sort out I might just have to pass....

BTW, anyone tried if G25 work with this on PS3(or any wheels for that matter?)
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I was playing it with my DFP. I set it to 500 degrees in Windows (just cos..), then in game set the steering dead zone to 2% and the sensitivity to.. either 75% or 100%, can't remember now. It was better... but they need to have proper wheel support if they want to be taken seriously in PC sim land...

Also, the demo forgets all your setup each time you load it, so you'll have to set it all back up again. Or is that just me/windows 7?

In most Simbin title I usually have no dead zone in any of the control and reset the brake sensitivity to higher to get more initial bite, not sure how this is going to work...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Also, the demo forgets all your setup each time you load it, so you'll have to set it all back up again. Or is that just me/windows 7?
    Yeah it does it on Vista too, very annoying.

I'm using a MOMO racing. It definitely feels less real than Simbin titles but still fun. I've set my dead zone on steering to 0% otherwise you get some really bad tank slapping.

I was waiting to after my holiday to buy iton PC but today I saw a deal with Shift + Halo ODST + Xbox Elite for £200 and I'm tempted... I was thinking of getting one for Forza 3 when it came out
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

I've been playing the full game (PC) for about a week now using my trusty old Momo Racing wheel and at first i too had problems with the "feel", then i set steering deadzone to 0% , left steering sensitivity at 50% but lowered accelerator to 25% , brakes to 20% and speed sensitive steering to 10% and ever since i've been having a blast with it.

I've half finished everything in Tier 4 in the offline career, won't be taking it online tho as its turning out to be a rammers dream from what i'm hearing from the EA UK community. It's still a fun game somewhere between GTR2 and GRID when it comes to realism and is a step in the right direction compared to the two previous NFS titles.

Added a little in-car video of a "Ring" hotlap i did with the Zonda F for those who'd like a look at what its like.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPyNKC5H_14"]YouTube - NFS Shift Zonda F Hotlap 3 - Nordschliefe[/ame]

Porsche called....they're disputing your 'ring time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Porsche called....they're disputing your 'ring time.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

two things:
    first I hope the tires sound can be lowered
    second, why the steering wheel gets blurred at high speeds?!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    two things:
    first I hope the tires sound can be lowered
    second, why the steering wheel gets blurred at high speeds?!
    yes it can be lowered. and things on the side get blurred at speeds above 110mph i believe. This makes you focus on the road ahead. I actually love this feature, it gives a good sense of realism. Not that the road blurs in real life, but that you have to be focused on whats in front
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    yes it can be lowered. and things on the side get blurred at speeds above 110mph i believe. This makes you focus on the road ahead. I actually love this feature, it gives a good sense of realism. Not that the road blurs in real life, but that you have to be focused on whats in front
    I'm fine with the road and other objects blurring as on other games, but not the cockpit, that just depends on how far you are looking, and even if it's true that the higher the speed you're driving at the farer you are looking at, that's not what happens in the game.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I think someone on the team must have watched (been a fan of) "Biker Boyz", take a look at this scene around the 2 minutes 6 seconds. It's not actually meant to be blur but "focus", like nothing but the finish line is worth taking notice of.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA-v6TE75_4"]YouTube - Biker Boyz[/ame]

Pretty stupid if you ask me, like you say Leon, the cockpit would never be blurred or out of focus with you since you're travelling at the same speed it is.

Thread Information