One of the most revered and sought after Jaguars is the E-Type Lightweight Roadster. So much so that Jaguar built six additional cars a few years ago using chassis numbers that were originally allocated but not used in period. The original cars are all in major collections and only very rarely come up for sale. One of the exceptions will be at the upcoming Bonhams Scottsdale Auction where chassis S850667 is set to cross the block. It has had just three owners from new and has been with the current custodian since 1999. Bonhams estimates the car will change hands for at least $7.5 million. We have used this occasion to also expand our Lightweight E-Type feature, which now consists of 132 shots of eight different examples.
Hot on the heels of Mazda's new IMSA prototype, Cadillac have introduced their rival, the DPi-V.R. It is based on the new Dallara LMP2 car and features bespoke Cadillac styling and a rumbling 600 bhp V8. Among the drivers due to line up with the striking DPi-V.R at its Daytona 24 Hours debut is none other than multiple NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon.
Another exciting racing car to break cover is the new-for-2017 Hyundai i20 WRC. It is built to heavily revised regulations, which combines a 20% power increase with a more aggressive aerodynamics package. With Volkswagen retired from the World Rally Championship, the new i20 WRC should certainly be among the rally winners next year.

Enjoy the links:

1963 - 1964 Jaguar E-Type Lightweight Roadster - Images, Specifications and Information

2017 Cadillac DPi-V.R - Images, Specifications and Information

2017 Hyundai i20 WRC - Images, Specifications and Information