Thread: Eddie Irvine to buy Jordan???!!!

Eddie Irvine to buy Jordan???!!!

The Times this morning are reporting possibly the most bizarre F1 story so far this season: Eddie Irvine is trying to buy Jordan F1, and possibly as soon as the British GP in July!!!

There have been rumours around for a few weeks that Russian/Canadian zillionaire Alex Schnaider is already trying to offload the Jordan team, just six months into his ownership. The rumours were that he was trying to find another Russian to take over so that it could build upon the interest that his short time in charge has already created in his homeland. However,The Times reports that Eddie Irvine (one of the richest drivers in F1 history) is potentially looking to offer £20million for the ailing team. Irvine is well remembered in F1 for his flamboyance and unpredictability, but this move would easily be his most extravagant if it turns out to be true! After making millions in F1 Irvine has apparently been bolstering his fortune with an extensive property portfolio, so funds wouldn't appear to be a problem.

Personally I think Eddie Irvine is hilarious and think his irreverence has been missed since he left F1, but Irvine as a team boss? I'm not convinced! Would anyone think this to be a good idea for Jordan/the sport as a whole?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I was shocked i seen Eddie of a Doc, Behind the seens with him driving F1, And was shocked at how much of a rude pig he was. He would make a good team boss
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Well, if it keeps Jordan in the F1, it wouldn't be sow bad I guess...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

i don't think that it is going to be sold by that russian fellow in the first place.......

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    i don't think that it is going to be sold by that russian fellow in the first place.......
    Yeah, does seem very weird that he's gotten bored with the whole F1 game already. Maybe he didn't quite appreciate how much investment it'd take to get Jordan back up to the pointy end of the grid, or didn't realise quite how far behind they were to begin with. But you'd think that a shrewd international business man would've done his research into it.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

what would this mean for this "midland" team due to start in 2006?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

As long as he keeps Monteiro, I think it's ok.
    But anyway I don't believe Midland is allready leaving their so announced project.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    However,The Times reports that Eddie Irvine (one of the richest drivers in F1 history) is potentially looking to offer £20million for the ailing team.
    Richest IRISH driver perhaps.
    He comes 4th top richest Irish person with over 150M pounds.
    He earned 40 million pounds from his F1 carrer but has invested it very well.
    In terms of earnign FROM motorsport I dont' think he comes close to the top guys
    Personally I think Eddie Irvine is hilarious and think his irreverence has been missed since he left F1, but Irvine as a team boss? I'm not convinced! Would anyone think this to be a good idea for Jordan/the sport as a whole?
    It would turn F1 COMPELTELY into the circus that soem propfessionasl are tryuign to avoid.
    IMHO woudl be bad for the sport
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

For where it all stood back in 2001 I foudn this ..
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns04065.html
    oh dear poor Tom Walkinshaw. has to hurt to have been worth that much once and now zip
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    he either has a very good plan up his sleeves or he's very very stupid... 20 million is a hell lot of money. I would do something more interesting than buying an F1 team... especially Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    he either has a very good plan up his sleeves or he's very very stupid... 20 million is a hell lot of money. I would do something more interesting than buying an F1 team... especially Jordan
    I suspect that eam owership would be for the same reasons Eddie became a driver.

Fame, females and fun parties with him as the focus

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I suspect that eam owership would be for the same reasons Eddie became a driver.

Fame, females and fun parties with him as the focus
    Nice work if you can get it!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information