Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1993 Supra Twin Turbo

98 33.33%
  • !999 Skyline-R34 GT-R

196 66.67%
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline

great, now Toyota is ripping off the Skyline's badge.

The letters 'GT-R' don't belong to Nissan. All it means is Gran Tourismo-Racing. Many other manufacturers have used these letters too, and long before Nissan. How many GTOs have you heard of? Mitsubishi, Noble M12, Pontiac, Ferrari....are they all ripping off one another?

lol - THE SUPRA!!!!
    have u seen the specs?!?!?

and why did you post this in the american fourm again?

Originally posted by Nildo
    you are free to believe they are over rated, but they both perform very well for reasonable money, providing much better value than most aussie performance vehicles that we are stuck with.
    hey give aussie cars a break, big v8 rwd eg HSV Clubsport with 285kw for $60,000 (aussie dollars) is really good value

put in an agressive cam and some flowed heads and it will easy put out 370-380kw with the right tune

ha that much power from that little list of parts? i dont think so. u dont find 100kw from flowed heads, a better cam and the "right tune" unless your prepared to pay the price. for the performance and power $60K for a clubsport sounds alright, but australian cars are burdened by crap build quality on a global scale. our engines are pretty course as well so theres a reason for them being that cheap

street machine magazine are aiming for 500hp on a VX LS1 with just exhaust systen (including headers) a cam, head and remap

the hsv already has the exhaust system plus a better intake system it would make 380kw at the engine no worries

plus we get the LS1/gen3 whatever u wanna call it from the states so its their engine anyway

Originally posted by pato
    street machine magazine are aiming for 500hp on a VX LS1 with just exhaust systen (including headers) a cam, head and remap

the hsv already has the exhaust system plus a better intake system it would make 380kw at the engine no worries
    if thats their target, the parts they would be using would be pretty race spec which would cost alot. for example, you can get SVO heads for a 302 that they use on the ford v8 supercars and they cost about $18000 each. the engine wouldnt reach that target "no worries" trust me. it would be under alot of stress to produce those figures

no not really, how about u go buy the magazine which this month featured headers, and see what they aim for, then buy the next few issues as they build the car up

good on you fpv, for not being a one eyed Aussie car lover. I love our country, but our cars are no doubt behind the 8-ball. This has been improving of late though, so I look forward to seeing what Ford can do in the future.

As far as mods go Pato, if you spend a little cash on either the GTR or the supra you will be able to get serious results. 285 kw sounds nice, especially compared to the claimed 206 kw the japs quote for their cars, until you read the fine print and see that both jap cars are faster in a straight line anyway.

Well i went to evo motor sports the other day and they quoted 20k for a r34 skyline not a bad price but as fast as they are (and i must admit i like the rx-7s and supras) id still rather an aussie car.

well australian cars are easier to tune and fix in the way of finding repairers and parts suppliers, but ive heard that the governments about to impose a ban on importing cars from japan that arent 15 years or older so the grey import skylines and such foating around will probably increase in value slightly soon

Well in a way thats goo less wog boxes for young bloke in debt to soil! And as they would call them v8s that are ancient and shit usally in stock form easily stay with their riced up shit.

that statement makes me think of this story one of my friends told me where he say this AUXR8 coppa chasin after this WRX and caught him

Sube are quick but they arnt fast and the cops are also trained to drive quite well thay are taken through the advanced driver causes untill their quilifed to test people and stuff. Most young blokes who think their king shit drive about their ablility somthing that usually ends in tears.

Thread Information