Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari's 60th anniversary.

Ferrari's 60th anniversary.

I've been thinking; Ferrari's 60th Anniversary is coming up, so here comes the Ferrari F60. What can we expect? Just think about how super-freak the Enzo is. How powerful, beasty such a car, and here comes the F60.

Sure, Ferrari can do more. The so called "F1" gearbox is not as fast as BMW's SMGs, nor as smooth; and it's never been close to the experience in a Formula one car. So they could improve that. Ferrari still does not use lightweight technology, like magnesium (?speeling) for the engine, so they could work on making a lighter, more nimble car. The Zonda is lighter, and that's coming from a company with less resources.

They may go all out to attack the Bugatti Veyron, which has unspeakable performance. This is a bit to far; sure the Veyron is extremely fast, but we still have to question it's reliability, comfort, and just all generall gracefulness. The cars a bit huge as well, and already has a reputation for it's "deadly blindspot(s).

What will Ferrari create; a all-out of this world beast with ungodly performance, or a nimble, graceful supercar, with a beautiful design, rather than the Enzo's "wedge shaped missile" design. Don't get me wrong, the Enzo has a stunning, eye-catching appearance, but it's not beautiful as past Ferraris.

Speculation has it that it will be 800bhp.
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

technically, isnt the enzo internally named the f60? or at least thats how JC reffered to it
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

JC was wrong. If they do make an F60, I'm hoping for a hearkening back to the head days of the F40. A stripped out, no-nonsense track machine that'll tear your face off. None of that air-con as standard crap.

I hope its more unplugged than the Enzo. Less driving aids. I understand new tech is great and all but the F40 was bare essentials, as JC puts it "Ass, engine, road" (or something close to that)

I think the F60 would end up as a track-monster, opposite that of the Enzo, serving as an interstate monster.

Forgott my inputs..

Being that this is the anniversary, a striped out true drivers car, like the F40, is what I would like to see.

I like comfort, but I'm just looking at this with a company heritage view.
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Check this out

Repost, but cool and pertinant to the thread.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I don't think the Enzo style fits into F40's or F50's, hoping to see a F60. Lol I remember when they just started developing the Enzo it looked like the MC12.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by distress
    I've been thinking; Ferrari's 60th Anniversary is coming up, so here comes the Ferrari F60. What can we expect? Just think about how super-freak the Enzo is. How powerful, beasty such a car, and here comes the F60.
    Why do you think they'll celebrate their 60th anniversary with a car? They have only done that in 1987 when they launched the F40. The F50 was unveiled in 1995, so the 'F60' should have been unveiled in 2003. I would highly doubt there will ever be a F60. IIRC the Enzo is known internally as the F140 and the Modena F131.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Rumour has it, Ferrari is already in developement of the F60. Apparently over 700hp.

Also heard, Lamboghini is in developement of making something faster to compete with the big guns like the Veyron and Enzo.

No Im not making this stuff up. Heard it from a reputable location...Im just looking for it...saw it a few weeks back.
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

PS- dont count on it being a raw super car...its gonna have all the computers...even more then the Enzo.
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

I think a new Ferrari supercar will be launched for 3/4 years. The FXX has been created for its development.

Quote Originally Posted by furious_fiero
    Also heard, Lamboghini is in developement of making something faster to compete with the big guns like the Veyron and Enzo.
    new miura?
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Why do you think they'll celebrate their 60th anniversary with a car? They have only done that in 1987 when they launched the F40. The F50 was unveiled in 1995, so the 'F60' should have been unveiled in 2003. I would highly doubt there will ever be a F60. IIRC the Enzo is known internally as the F140 and the Modena F131.
    I believe the F50 was originally intended to be released in 1997 as a 50th anniversary car but new, and much stricter, emmisions regulations were slated to be introduced in '97, rendering the modified F1 V12 engine pretty much useless. It would've meant they would have to curtail power output to way below that of the F40 just to comply, which would have been laughable from a marketing perspective.

They had to reschedule and bring the car out much earlier than intended to beat the law change. I think it's still referred to as the 50th anniversary Ferrari though, and although it was unveiled in '95 most of the cars weren't delivered until '96 and early '97.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information