View Poll Results: Which 1 will win a street drag race?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supra

3 23.08%
  • Skyline GT-R

3 23.08%
  • NSX

5 38.46%
  • 3000GT

2 15.38%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline GT-R vs 3000GT vs NSX

Why do people insult drag racing so much around here???
    We all know that track racing is a much better benchmark of a cars performance, its old news, but that doesnt make dragging a retarded sport.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Quote Originally Posted by matheus
    ssssssssuuuuuuuupppppprrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaa
    0-60 mph 5.0 s
    0-100 mph 12.6 s
    1/4 Mile 13.6 s @ 105 mph
    Top Speed 167 mph
    Gas Mileage 17 MPG City / 24 MPG Highway

Type 3.0 Liter Twin Turbocharged Gas
    Drivetrain Front Engine / RWD
    Valvetrain 24-valve DOHC
    Cylinders 6
    Cylinder Configuration In-line
    Displacement 2,997 cc
    Horsepower(HP) 320 @ 5600 RPM
    Torque(FT-LBs.) 315 @ 4000 RPM
    Redline 6800 RPM
    As Far as I know the original 1995 Supra Twin Turbo does the 0-60 in 4.6 sec.

5.0 sec is the 0-62mph (0-100km/h)

that is right modeus. but i didnt get it from any sight, i used math to find that if its 0-60 was 4.6 and its 0-62 was 5.0 that means that for every 2 mph it takes .4 sec. and since your qoute says its 0-100 was 12.6 i just found what it was starting with the 4.6 sec at 60mph howl long it would take to get to 100 mph.

i dont really know why i did that, but i just ended a summer math class so i figured id put it to use.

But as for the poll, Nsx, Gt-r, Supra, 3000GT.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    Why do people insult drag racing so much around here???
    We all know that track racing is a much better benchmark of a cars performance, its old news, but that doesnt make dragging a retarded sport.
    doesnt it ?? like you're going in a strait line, its just the machine ... granted that your gearshifts are going to affect the time but we're talkinb about differences in the tenths and hundredths of a second for people's reflexes, the machine is what really determines the results (unless its the same machines racin each other)

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    that is right modeus. but i didnt get it from any sight, i used math to find that if its 0-60 was 4.6 and its 0-62 was 5.0 that means that for every 2 mph it takes .4 sec. and since your qoute says its 0-100 was 12.6 i just found what it was starting with the 4.6 sec at 60mph howl long it would take to get to 100 mph.

i dont really know why i did that, but i just ended a summer math class so i figured id put it to use.

But as for the poll, Nsx, Gt-r, Supra, 3000GT.
    you cant use math like that, its not constant acceleration

if you have the torque vs rpm graph and drag data then technically you could, its much easier to do it experimentally tho

3000gt

Anyone who runs a 14.2 in a 3000gt Vr4 can't drive. Many people have run 13.6 on bone stock cars. Also many people have tested the Vr4s to be as fast if not faster than stock supras.
    http://www.vr4stealth.com/Atlanta-tr...12705-109-.mpg
    Its one of the faster cars in a straight line. Handlings a bit inferior though.

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    doesnt it ?? like you're going in a strait line, its just the machine ... granted that your gearshifts are going to affect the time but we're talkinb about differences in the tenths and hundredths of a second for people's reflexes, the machine is what really determines the results (unless its the same machines racin each other)
    obvesely you havent drag raced before...

NSX, Supra,Skyline,3000Gt
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Isnt it like this in all auto sports. I mean the machine realy is the only factor that makes autoracing what it is today. I would rather have a skyline 34. Theres only a couple in the us and its a pretty cool looking car.

People that talk about drag racing don't seem to realize that drag racing is 80% driver 20% car as for any racing i have seen a study done and the 3000gt Vr4 , Supra and Skyline and one driver got all the stock cars into the 12's bone stock. if you drive it perfectly you can get more horse power that can't be explained by math (well im sure it could just not in any terms that most of us would understand) its simple All 4 cars are different there made for different things and personally ive seen a Vr4 and a GT-R race and its a sight you can't help on a track those too cars are animals they rip it up while the supra is mainly a drag car and as for the NSX its just plain and simple a peice of shit i would rather take that engine and stick it in a honda civic hatchback oh thats right the b18C5r is better.

This old gamebird has raced a time or two at the local hillbilly drag strip. There are several ways to **** up a run, and the races between cars you'd think would be ill-matched can be closer than you'd think.

I've almost lost to a standard WRX in my STi, and have beaten a poorly-driven stripped-out 300Z twin-turbo running nitrous.

A bad shift isn't going to cost you tenths of a second. I'd say it's closer to a full second. And in drag racing, that's a while.

Also, and I don't have to worry about this, getting a good launch in a powerful RWD car isn't easy. Too few revs and the engine "bogs down," dropping out of the powerband. Too many and you've got a prolonged burnout which, while undoubtedly fun, adds aeons to your time slip.

Of course, throw all this out the window if you're in a cossetting luxury rocket that takes care of the launch and gearshifts for you.

A drag racing auto shifts much faster than a manaul, and you wouldn't have to worry about missing gears. That is if outright time is your aim and not just having some fun.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by s15Silvia_Ala
    its simple All 4 cars are different there made for different things and personally ive seen a Vr4 and a GT-R race and its a sight you can't help on a track those too cars are animals they rip it up while the supra is mainly a drag car and as for the NSX its just plain and simple a peice of shit i would rather take that engine and stick it in a honda civic hatchback oh thats right the b18C5r is better.
    Holla at ya boy son. That 'ish is hott of the grill, I'mma frame dis post!

Quote Originally Posted by s15Silvia_Ala
    People that talk about drag racing don't seem to realize that drag racing is 80% driver 20% car as for any racing i have seen a study done and the 3000gt Vr4 , Supra and Skyline and one driver got all the stock cars into the 12's bone stock. if you drive it perfectly you can get more horse power that can't be explained by math (well im sure it could just not in any terms that most of us would understand) its simple All 4 cars are different there made for different things and personally ive seen a Vr4 and a GT-R race and its a sight you can't help on a track those too cars are animals they rip it up while the supra is mainly a drag car and as for the NSX its just plain and simple a peice of shit i would rather take that engine and stick it in a honda civic hatchback oh thats right the b18C5r is better.
    What the **** are you smoking.

The NSX's chassis was approved by Ayrton Senna- a racing legend. And it's still rated as one of the best today- after 15 years of production. In fact, the engine is the weakest link in the car- hence why we have seen the NSX Type-R come on the scene.

The Supra was rated to be the best out of the Nissan 300ZX and R32 Skyline. Again, where did you get that idea from?! It's one of the best-handling cars to come out of Japan, you uninformed fool!

the Chassis the Chassis the Chassis its not good it one component of the car is good all components of the car have to work togeather to make the car better its like a football,soccer or hockey team, all the components have to work togeather to make it a mean machine and thank you very much i know the Hype about a Supra it made me go out and drive one i have driven them on a track they handle like shit very fast and inexpensve compared to the other choices which by a car and driver standers its better because they use categories but also the said the SRT-4 Neon is faster then STI which if you have never seen a race you might think this is true ; futhermore, you are comparing the top of the chain Supra to one of the Worst Skylines ever put out they maid advances but had not perfected it yet. Oh and by the way i just thought i would let you know most Japanesse racers (professional) know nothing about cars they hire engineers to take car of the car work. i will admit that they are amazing drivers all they have to know is how the car handles ok. let me just give you some advice Race the cars and work on them before you talk about it. I worked at one of the most respected custom shops in the USA Adrenaline motor sports and the VR4 and the GT-R are far supioer on a track then the Supra but almost 80% of the time that same Supra would beat them on the Strip. and we wouldn't even work on a NSX because they would be back in the shop a week later. So once agian worry about what the car really does before getting an opinnion on which ones best.

Oh and P.S. the TYPE R IS ONLY 15HP MORE THEN THE REGULAR NSX AND THATS NOT COMMING FROM THE STATS THATS COMMING FROM THE DYNO.

Thread Information