Thread: What's your fav. car to drive in any racing game?

What's your fav. car to drive in any racing game?

I was just playing Gran Turismo and zipping around Infineon with my Jaguar XJR-9 when i realized i was really enjoying it. It might have been the track/car combination but thinking about it, i really like racing the XJR-9 (except at the Ring, too bumpy). I don't have rFactor or any other PC based racing game and i know i'm really missing out but so far this is my favorite. What's yours?

SimRaceWay releases a few to taunt.

Mazda Furai was yesterdays freebie trial. Awesome sound.
    My fav in it is the 787B just for the looks and the RX-8 coz it's not too far from reality
    The Maserati Birdcage was last weeks freebie and while a lot of fun, the lack of driver in simraceway rendering just made it look silly on replays !!

In GTLegends it was the A110

GPL still gets an airing for the Lotus 49
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

GT Legend was the Elan and the 911 for me....

rFactor I used to like one of the Civic mod, as well as the AE86 mod.

Gran Turismo 4, there was a Amuse S2000 something rather. GT5, NSX-R...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

In Gran Turismo 3, 4, and 5 I loved driving the Tom Castrol's Supra. Overall a great handling car straight from stock.

In GT5 I enjoyed driving the Mazda 787B, just an all out monster and one of the few cars that actually sounds somewhat accurate. Great grip, great downforce, superb car.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    My fav in it is the 787B just for the looks
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

In GT5 I enjoyed driving the Mazda 787B, just an all out monster and one of the few cars that actually sounds somewhat accurate. Great grip, great downforce, superb car.
    Agreed, i just don't like how Gran Turismo added that steel-looking wheel cover to the front rims. And agreed, while it doesn't quite have the raw speed the other Group C cars have, it'll def. go wherever you put it

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Agreed, i just don't like how Gran Turismo added that steel-looking wheel cover to the front rims.
    Huh?

University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Although it's the Japanese version of the game, the car is the same:
    Attached Images Attached Images

For me in some Gran Turismo, the Lotus Elan. It felt like you could take corners at any speed you fancied and that there was no need to brake at all, ever.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ive no idea yet which car to pick, but Real Racing is the most beautiful racer on any mobile platform, and it’s free, so there is no reason not to try it. ha ha .I’ve played Real Racing 3 for around 30 hours total now, let me give some tips on how to get the farthest possible in the shortest amount of time and without paying a thing. .. LOL

I played Gran Turismo ages ago and only owned parts 1 & 2, there it stopped. But what I really liked from the original is that due magic it seems, you could "feel" through th controller how you could push the car through the corner, sometimes on the limit of control.

Therefore, the TVR Cerbera was one of my favourites. Rear wheel drive, a kerb weight of only 900 kg (not sure if this was with the "Racing Modification package") and about 500 hp. Yummy! You could push the vehicle and lap after lap it was the kick of just improving your own personal record.

I hated the Honda NSX and other MR cars because the slightest touch of the controller made them end in the grass (although with me driving).

And in the ancient game Test Drive I picked the Corvette ZR-1, just because it looked cool with the futuristic digital dashboard.

In Forza Motorsport, I was eagerly awaiting the Ferrari F40 because it is my favourite supercar. But never unlocked it. I thought that with a test lap or time attack you could pick the Saleen S7 though and it drove like a dream. Reminder - this was a game, not reality!

In Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, I always sticked with the Lotus and in Outrun I chose the Ferrari Testarossa without exception
    Last edited by Man of Steel; 08-29-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Agreed, i just don't like how Gran Turismo added that steel-looking wheel cover to the front rims. And agreed, while it doesn't quite have the raw speed the other Group C cars have, it'll def. go wherever you put it
    It takes a turbo too if you want.

Those wheel covers are ceramic and for heat dissipation I think. It's functional, so I don't care.

Mkiv R32 in forza. I don't play many racing games as I suck at them and they are no fun if you suck. In non racing games, the main car in driver, and the cheetah in San Andreas.

Grand Prix Legends was the only racing game (simulation) I spent any time with, exhaustively in fact. Raced regularly online. Didn't really have a favorite, they were all fun to drive.

Real Racing 3, any of the Ferraris, though my favorite remains to be the F40 vs F50 series

In Project cars it would be the Caterham and the RUF GT2, while I stick with a 911RSR in anything else except for Assetto Corsa's Lotus 49.
    Who Dares Wins

Thread Information