Thread: Burnout 3:Takedown

Burnout 3:Takedown

Reviewed by many magazines as one of the best racing game ever made: Burnout 3:Takedown

Burnout 3 is the best racing game I have played in a long time. Takedown comes packed with a simple responsive control system, fluid controls, awesome graphics, insane high speeds, and a thumping licensed soundtrack. Once you pick it up and actually play it, you’re instantly hooked. This is the third game in the series, and by far the best, it has achieved what the developers were striving for since the first game.

Burnout 3 is an arcade street racer, pure and simple. Although, it has done away with the checkpoint style of old, and opted for a round the world ‘Burnout World Tour’ where you’ll travel across 3 continents competing in a variety of events from races to all out destruction in the games crash junctions. Compared to NFSU2 this is by far the best, the graphics and the gameplay is so much better. Check out these screens and the video is awesome! GET THIS GAME!

Burnout 3 Trailer [right click here]

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CoTTerik; 12-03-2004 at 01:26 PM.

more speeedy screens!

moooore!

Nice this game really looks o much better than NFSU2 i have never liked any of those NFSU games thaught that they were to pointles i mean what sort of a game gives you style points for putting crappy bits of plastic on your car

anyways nice trailer that tanker but at the end is nice

p.s. wonder where GTA got the nos flame idea
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Ive got burnout 2, its alrite but id rarther play it in an arcade.
    This will probably the same.

Played that at a store once as a demo. Awesome graphics and very fun too.

I have this game, and I must agree it is really cool. Compared to, say, Project Gotham Racing 2 I find completing the races on the highest difficulty to be a LOT easier, but it's still a lot of fun -- doing well doesn't get in the way of having a good time.

great fun, great game.

its a pity the cars all handle the same, u just end up wall bouncing. the crashes r cool tho

I've got Burnout 3 on my Xbox. Best racing game ive ever played, so much fun... im now hooked. Its a pity they dont have licensed cars or it would have been so much better. Also i think the cars need more stats other than just speed and weight. they should have handling and accelration as well.
    Otherwise it a great game... worth every cent you spend on it. Crash mode and road rage are so much fun.
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Is it for PC also ?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Is it for PC also ?
    nope just for PS2 and XBOX

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    Its a pity they dont have licensed cars or it would have been so much better
    yeah, true. But games like Need For Speed get away with having licensed cars because they dont get damaged, therefore manufacturers arent worried about their cars getting wrecked. If burnout had licensed cars then the licensing would be HUGELY expensive, i doubt they would have enough money to make the game

Thread Information