Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
Couple of things-

Audi- looks like they're caught cheating on other emissions as well. It does not look good for VW now, they have too much crap going on.

Porsche- the new 911 RSR is mid engined and people are throwing a fit about a mid engined Porsche race car. They've been doing that since the 917, not sure why that's a new issue now.
Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
The latter is quite an amusing development. I have not followed GT racing of late, but it seems the ultimate admission of the fundamental flaw of a rear-engine the engineers in Zuffenhausen have been working 50 years to fix.

Cummins/Chrysler have been dinged for cheating diesel too. RIP diesel?
Good bye diesel? Let's hope so, but somehow I doubt it. At least here in Europe.

As for Porsche's new mid-engined racer, the problem for me is not that they are racing a mid-engined car (the first 356 was indeed mid-engined and Porsche has been racing mid-engined car since the 50's with the 550) or even a mid-engined 911 (the 911 GT1 was technically a mid-engined 911), but rather that Porsche is allowed to race a GT car with no connection to the road car whatsoever.

Want to race a mid-engined GT car? Fine, build one. If your GT car is rear-engined then so be it.