Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Classic American muscle car?

Favorite Muscle Car

1967 Ford Mustang GT Fastback. Yes that is the Bullitt car. I had a resto-mod with a 331 cubic inch crate motor, it was great. It got more looks and comments than my Aston DB7, Ferrari Boxer or Maranello added together.

Lee
    Attached Images Attached Images

Understandable and deservedly so. More of an icon and more beautiful than all three others combined.

hmm either the Mustang Boss 302 or the Hemi 'cuda Convertible. I don't consider the Cobra to be a muscle car especially since it started life as a British sports car but some people do.

Mine has to be the mighty Buick Grand National. I love it so much I wrote a piece on it.

My favorite muscle car is the 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T. If I ordered one new, I would go for the 440-4 bbl Magnum engine, 3-speed Torqueflite automatic transmission (with shift kit) and 3.55:1 axle ratio. Color? B5 blue with a blue interior. Classic muscle car look, big and rugged engine and loads of torque.

Here are a few photos to illustrate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

My Favourite was always '67 Shelby Mustang GT500
    But since a few days ago I saw this car all change. Is the De Tomaso Pantera GT4 .. with this engine I think you can consider a Muscle car :-) the engine is the ford V8 Cleveland 351cui
    I read that only 14 units were manufactured GT4 version

[ame="http://youtu.be/T6HIq8j9n-k"]De Tomaso Pantera Sound V8 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2lpxCS6jTI&list=UUT4_Bua430f0sQeLFg9oQsA"]De Tomaso Pantera GT4 V8 500hp Pure Sounds! - YouTube[/ame]

Mine has always been Mustang. What do you think about the new models? I may be ruining the conversation but buying a brand new classic appeals to me. Here is one of them: 50 Years of Ford Mustang: 8 Snapshots of the History Behind the Icon

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the Carrera GT used the engine intended for the LMP1 Porsche that never came about
    Were they not actually massively different in displacement and construction, aka not related?

My favourite American muscle car is a '68 Hemi Charger.

I consider the Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang of the time (and now) pony cars.

Does the Shelbified AC Cobra count as a classic American muscle car? Apart from that I'm a sucker for '68 Mustangs and '70 Hemi 'Cudas.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Does the Shelbified AC Cobra count as a classic American muscle car? Apart from that I'm a sucker for '68 Mustangs and '70 Hemi 'Cudas.
    Nice to have you back! How's life?

I consider none of those three muscle cars...

'70 Challenger is not a pony car, it's too big. Also I'll have one, an R/T with the 426.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

A muscle car might be defined as simply a high-performance two-door car made in the U.S.
    Last edited by henk4; 07-02-2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Thou shall not add in commercials links in a later stage. Again is ban.

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldbeacham View Post
    A muscle car might be defined as simply a high-performance two-door car made in the U.S.
    Period Corvettes also then?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The modern V6-engined Accord Coupe can also qualify then.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I would have to agree; Cuda, Challenger, Mustang, Camaro, AMX, and so on were all pony cars, albeit some with some muscle, but nevertheless still pony cars.

Muscle cars to me are more along the lines of the 428 Torino, 442 Cutlass, Malibu and Nova SS, Roadrunner and Superbird, Charger, or 426 Hemi Dart.

I'd probably have to say '68 Charger, or a Hemi Dart. I don't really like the shape of the Dart, but that big a motor in that small a chassis, well, it has its merits. Muscle cars are not supposed to turn anyway.
    Turning money into memories.

Thread Information