PDA

View Full Version : Chevrolet Camaro Super-Coupe 540 by Baldwin-Motion

6'bore
06-30-2006, 11:11 AM
The soul-stirring two-seat SuperCoupe's hand-crafted steel body, penned by Kris Horton working with Joel Rosen and executed by Time Machines, Inc., Hudson, Florida, is functionally styled for maximum appeal and performance. Engine layout is front/mid and its aluminum big-block is set back 13 inches.

Fully tubbed and lowered, it incorporates a proprietary 2x3-inch tubular steel backbone/spine chassis running through the console and welded to the body. The result is an incredibly rigid platform, engineered for maximum performance.

Styling details include tastefully flared fender wells, widened rear fenders with functional brake cooling scoops and an extended hood with an L-88-inspired scoop. Finished in MOTION Red, the body is highlighted by traditional Baldwin-Motion badging and striping.

The prototype SuperCoupe is powered by an all-aluminum 700-hp Merlin/Motion big-block built by Bill Mitchell. The blueprinted and dyno-tuned 540-cubic-inch powerplant has a World Products aluminum block with 4.50-inch bore, 4.25-inch stroke and 4.840-inch bore spacing. Eagle 6.535-inch H-beam rods, forged crank and 10-to-1 forged pistons are utilized. The roller-cammed engine is topped off with a Cross-Ram fuel injection system custom-built by Jim Kinsler for the SuperCoupe. Polished alloy MOTION-badged valve covers are rare original NOS parts.

Powertrain details include a specially-prepared Tremec TKO five-speed and a fully-independent rear with a Dana 44 Posi and hardened steel high-torque axles. Suspension is four-wheel independent with polished unequal length control arms and toe-in control links and fully adjustable coil-over shocks and sway bars. Steering is rack and pinion.

Stopping power is supplied by MOTION signature Baer Claw Extreme-Plus brakes with forged six-piston Sport calipers and 14-inch cross-drilled rotors front and rear. The SuperCoupe rides on Motion-inspired Bonspeed wheels.

The SuperCoupe's interior is completely hand-crafted and features a pair of unique Baldwin-Motion-logo, leather-upholstered six-way power seats, signature gauges, Hot Rod Air and hand formed dash and center and overhead consoles. Plus the latest sound and electronic entertainment systems from Sony.

Time Machines, Inc. coachbuilt the prototype Camaro SuperCoupe in its facility in Hudson, FL.

IWantAnAudiRS6
06-30-2006, 11:33 AM
That thing just gave me the shivers.

Nice.

I bet it sounds utterly amazing!

Vindesh17
06-30-2006, 11:50 AM
That is a very beautiful car, just change the rims.

Ferrer
06-30-2006, 12:27 PM
That is a very beautiful car, just change the rims.
Couldn't agree more. I like the prospect of 8850cc of American V8...

taz_rocks_miami
06-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Sweet car, I also agree. Those wheels have to go. The look cheap.

250 GTO
06-30-2006, 06:49 PM
It looks amazing.

werty
06-30-2006, 06:54 PM
i saw that at barrett-jackson back in January. It was alright i guess. Too custom in my opinion.;)

rev440
06-30-2006, 07:02 PM
i saw that at barrett-jackson back in January. It was alright i guess. Too custom in my opinion.;)
Im jelous you went to Scottsdale. It looks to over done to me im sure the engines very nice but Id rather have a copo 427 Camaro.

baddabang
06-30-2006, 07:11 PM
It needs some Cragars

johnnynumfiv
06-30-2006, 08:27 PM
It needs some Cragars
And some big ass slicks.

go.pawel
09-12-2006, 01:56 PM
A few more pics.