PDA

View Full Version : She has nads and is Large Blue/Green and Ummm Not moving..

SlickHolden
10-23-2007, 02:43 AM
Sorry Dan/Sam/Brendon had to do that title:D.

Ok this is my New Holden 2000 VT Series 2 Berlina, 3.8lt V6, 4 Speed Auto RWD of course ;).

Ok story goes in June i starfted to look around for a replacement for the good old VP Commodore.. Started to look at repairable Right off's for a good deal,
As i seen some cars i wanted to look over i went down only to be very disappointed at what i seen, When leaving i turned and seen this Blue VT which looked in good nick for a car that was smashed, I had to go in for a closer look and in doing so i noticed the car was in nice well keeped condition inside more so very clean, The boot looked like it new and smelt that way..
So I decided to bring it home and things got bad, I then discovered Air-Bags cost a mint to replace more then the damage, I had to then come to a descion if i was going to cut my losses or stick it out, I'm not much for quitting but if i said take it back i wouldn't be quitting..

I keeped it:D. And so the long road to road begins.. I have been very quite about this car unlike the last, It's been away for more then 2 months now and i haven't really spoke much about it, But this week it's coming home finally.. I don't have the 100% ready pic's yet but i have some leading up to it..
I have many plans for this car and already some of them plans i have done i snuck some things in as it's getting stuck back together..
So damage wise the car will be as good as new this week, Then in 1-2 weeks time it will have the Air-Bags fitted and all the sensors moduals etc changed and working, Thats the hard stuff, Then Follows the VIV inspection RWC and Reg..

Some little things i got have been Blue dials and a WH Statesman international Dash Fascia which will be replacing the current when the airbags are fitted, Then some fogs as i have got the bezels already, Snuck in a Leather Shifter nob off a Monaro:D now looking to get the handbrake and armrest done,
Pic's are in order of buying it to fixing it to almost done:)..
I'll have plenty more to come as my Camera is in the car so some quality drop using my phone in the last 2 months..

It's also good i can upload at over 300k now:p

SlickHolden
10-23-2007, 02:47 AM
And some more.

SlickHolden
10-23-2007, 02:50 AM
And some bloody more:)..

LeonOfTheDead
10-23-2007, 03:11 AM
i don't understand...i would buy a smashed car only if it is worth of it, i mean, an hystoric one or a very sporty one...not a ... sedan...
by the way, at the and of the story, how much money do you save?

ripper46
10-23-2007, 03:18 AM
He likes holdens verry much + getting them cheaper is nice = he buys a repairable one.
I don't know why , but I really dig this car :)

charged
10-23-2007, 03:27 AM
Good to hear slick, you will be on the road in luxury very soon:)

LeonOfTheDead
10-23-2007, 03:28 AM
of course he likes his car, but airbags cost a lot of money, so is it still cheap?
then, it's not a good idea to buy a smashed car, how can you know if it is rapairable? there could be damages you can not see. i am already worried about used cars...

Matra et Alpine
10-23-2007, 03:30 AM
i don't understand...i would buy a smashed car only if it is worth of it, i mean, an hystoric one or a very sporty one...not a ... sedan...
If you can weld/spray or have a mate willing to do it for beers then you can save a lot.

Insurance companies write-off damaged cars based on the cost for a dealer to repair it at extortionate hourly rates and manufacturer prices for parts.

LeonOfTheDead
10-23-2007, 03:31 AM
it's like the old european opel omega...i think here no one will buy a damaged omega...but, THIS IS PASSION, so good luck slick!

SlickHolden
10-23-2007, 03:32 AM
In OZ big RWD sedans are the sporty cars they are our big thing, This model model in upper class high performance models was sporting a 5.7lt Chev motor topping 400hp 300kw.. Where did the Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO come from??? Your looking at it;)..
And the answer to the last question i'll let you know when it's finished:D.. Cars like this with less options the cheap base models i would be able to pick up from a car year from $5000-$7000 today, This model is still selling for over $10,000, Some car yards sell them towards $14,000 with more KM's then mine, I picked it up for $3,300 i wanted something more then base model.

He likes holdens verry much + getting them cheaper is nice = he buys a repairable one.
I don't know why , but I really dig this car :)
Yes everyone is after a bargain:D none more so then me:p.. I have learnt many things that could have saved me more money and that is the Airbags, When the car has 4 of them and 2 go off your still in deep shit:p,
I'm glad you like it if all goes to plan one day it will only be something even bigger and better i have many plans and i am excited about cars again:D.

LeonOfTheDead
10-23-2007, 03:36 AM
In OZ big RWD sedans are the sporty cars they are our big thing, This model model in upper class high performance models was sporting a 5.7lt Chev motor topping 400hp 300kw.. Where did the Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO come from??? Your looking at it;)...

i supposed it had a sporty pedegree...

buying at 3300 $, yes, you saved a lot of money until now...

SlickHolden
10-23-2007, 03:43 AM
Good to hear slick, you will be on the road in luxury very soon:)
Thank you:).. Luxury today and then i'm going to kill it with lowered suspension:p

of course he likes his car, but airbags cost a lot of money, so is it still cheap?
then, it's not a good idea to buy a smashed car, how can you know if it is rapairable? there could be damages you can not see. i am already worried about used cars...
Yes that's why i'm lucky to know a guy that has helped me out with airbags..

It's sold as a repairable right off and it's handed into the Road Traffic authority.. Then the repairs have to be carried out, And also there is a VIV inspection Vechile indetafication Validation, This is done to make sure not only have all the repairs been done right and nothing wrong but to also idendtafy the car and to make sure it's not a cut and shut job they are very strict on these VIV checks that's why they cost so much money because they take the car and go over it for hours until they are pleased the repairs are done right and the car has not been cut up or had parts replaced that are stolen etc, You don't pass these inspections if you can't account for a washer it's that hard. It was done to stop the illegal car fixing businesse to make sure a crashed car was 100% fit ot be on the roads.

charged
10-23-2007, 03:44 AM
Slick are you keeping the standard wheels or going aftermarket ??

SlickHolden
10-23-2007, 03:51 AM
Slick are you keeping the standard wheels or going aftermarket ??
I'll have to go aftermarket one day:D I can't help myself i have always wanted some nice big shiny wheels, The wheels on it are the Calais wheels and until i got this i didn't know they were 16":eek:, But they will stay on for some time until the bank rolls up again maybe 2-3 years down the road unless something cheap comes along.. there's a guy in Melbourne that makes Genuine copy rims they are made the same way as the originals with the same standards but almost half the price.. Set of say VE SSV 19" with tyres $1400 come with genuine caps nuts.

I still love the VYII Calais 17" rims:). Or this one has the VE's Calais ones. Look the same.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/MyBerlina.jpg

SlickHolden
10-23-2007, 03:53 AM
If you can weld/spray or have a mate willing to do it for beers then you can save a lot.

Insurance companies write-off damaged cars based on the cost for a dealer to repair it at extortionate hourly rates and manufacturer prices for parts.
Yep it's almost easier for them today to just right them off and save some money.

silverhawk
10-23-2007, 09:51 AM
I really like this car and the colour. too bad airbags costs so much but i don't think that they would have been any cheaper on any other car.
this holden was sold in the middle east with a chevy badge and named Lumina.
you're lucky to find what you were looking for.

Spastik_Roach
10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Great to hear Slick that everythings coming up well for you!

personally I think when you can you should stick those Ve Calais wheels on it, they suit your car to a tee mate :)

SlickHolden
10-23-2007, 12:04 PM
I really like this car and the colour. too bad airbags costs so much but i don't think that they would have been any cheaper on any other car.
this holden was sold in the middle east with a chevy badge and named Lumina.
you're lucky to find what you were looking for.
Actually the car i wanted was a base model with LS1, I was drooling over this car but the damage was bad and it was $1100 more..
Yes i don't mind the colour also in different light you can see it's colours, It's a blue with green pearl so when the sun hit's it you can see it and in the shade it's very dark.. Yep these cars have been around the world now:D.

Great to hear Slick that everythings coming up well for you!

personally I think when you can you should stick those Ve Calais wheels on it, they suit your car to a tee mate :)
Thanks mate it's been a little battle of time and hair:p..

I think them Calais wheels match the round shape wish they came in 18-19's:).

LeonOfTheDead
10-23-2007, 02:54 PM
i'm sorry for this stupid question, but, how much does it cost gasoline in AU?

clutch-monkey
10-23-2007, 03:14 PM
i'm sorry for this stupid question, but, how much does it cost gasoline in AU?

$1.16-$1.30AUD a litre

LeonOfTheDead
10-23-2007, 03:41 PM
damn, it is nearly a half of the italian price...here it is nearly 1.35 euro
and consider 1.2 $ AUD is 0,75 euro...now i understand even more why slick purchased such a car...

clutch-monkey
10-23-2007, 03:44 PM
well slick could easily get 25mpg out of it, which is enough to get by with current fuel prices

LeonOfTheDead
10-23-2007, 04:08 PM
that is to say 8,5 km per litre
now in italy we are accustomed to 15 km per litre, also because of diesel engine...now everyone buy a diesel even if they don't need it, so without thinking at the bigger price of a diesel car, so a used car, even smashed, is something far from our (european-italian) (stupid) vision of the car market. sigh.

SlickHolden
10-23-2007, 05:23 PM
It's heavier then the old Commodore but a better tuned and upgraded motor make for much better fuel econemy.. The old car does around 14.5l/100 about 410-450km to a full tank of 95% local driving, This car should be 2-3l litres better off running right I'd expect 500km + per tank and highway driving should be even better also, But honestly when fuel prices start to worry me i'll ride a push bike:D..

I was just done the factory as i had to recharge the battery so we could run it, Yesterday we feared the fuel pump was toast:( Full tank and no kick, Turns out the fuel tank wasn't full it was empty so maybe from the accident or before then something is wrong there, But it kicked over straight away and this awful noise cam out i shit, One of the pulleys was damaged in the accident and it's rubbing little screwdriver action and it's gone but that's something I'll have replaced when it's home..
It's hard to believe this ecotec V6 is even related to the buick V6 when they run, It's quite it doesn't shake rattle or miss beat.
So he said it's home Friday fingers crossed no more calls in between:D:D..

LOTD Diesels haven't really hit us just yet like over in Europe, Australia doesn't have the best diesel but it's better then 2 years ago, But the mind set of an Australian is if we wont to save money on petrol we will just buy a small 4 cylinder car, But if a diesel engine was offered in a Commodore/Falcon there popularity would rise fast here.

KFA-R
10-24-2007, 01:27 AM
It's heavier then the old Commodore but a better tuned and upgraded motor make for much better fuel econemy.. The old car does around 14.5l/100 about 410-450km to a full tank of 95% local driving, This car should be 2-3l litres better off running right I'd expect 500km + per tank and highway driving should be even better also, But honestly when fuel prices start to worry me i'll ride a push bike:D..

14.5? we can get 8ish outta our commy... its a series 1 VT auto

already there with the bike... i saving 136.9 cents a litre :D

SlickHolden
10-24-2007, 02:55 AM
14.5? we can get 8ish outta our commy... its a series 1 VT auto

already there with the bike... i saving 136.9 cents a litre :D
That's the VP 14.5 litres:D.. Don't know what the VT will do yet?? But it's rare to hit freeways highways in any car. With the UCP boys in the VP we got great econemy we did do some highway travelling but not a great deal but i had very good econemy.

You got a little girl behind you on the bike telling you how much km's you ride you save money:D.

whiteballz
10-24-2007, 04:57 PM
136.9 cents per litre? I paid that yesterday for some premium fuel.

I'm a happy camper. slick, i heard an ecotec with a zorst the other day - sounded like solid gold. almost made me want one!

clutch-monkey
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM

I'm a happy camper. slick, i heard an ecotec with a zorst the other day - sounded like solid gold. almost made me want one!

135c for 100 octane ftw

SlickHolden
10-24-2007, 08:40 PM

I hope one day mine sounds like gold to:).

135c for 100 octane ftw

I get BP Ultimate here for 127 on pay day i haven't tried that shell stuff yet.

Zytek_Fan
10-24-2007, 11:22 PM
It's like the resurrection of AutoXBonne (your Holden looks similar to a Bonneville to me) :D

SlickHolden
10-24-2007, 11:50 PM
It's like the resurrection of AutoXBonne (your Holden looks similar to a Bonneville to me) :D
Which one?, Do they all come minus the fronts:D..

SlickHolden
10-25-2007, 12:23 AM
The Final pic's before it's home tomorrow Afternoon.. Just sprayed the front bar is behind just sprayed, Only thing is i need a chrome strip for the front after.. Big Kev is screaming out from far away:)..

Zytek_Fan
10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
The Final pic's before it's home tomorrow Afternoon.. Just sprayed the front bar is behind just sprayed, Only thing is i need a chrome strip for the front after.. Big Kev is screaming out from far away:)..

Looking pretty good :D
Were the damages not that bad?

And would someone please enlighten me on George the guinea pig.

clutch-monkey
10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
And would someone please enlighten me on George the guinea pig.
he'll kick your ass. even though he died :(

Zytek_Fan
10-25-2007, 09:19 PM
he'll kick your ass. even though he died :(

Oh noes! :(

clutch-monkey
10-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Oh noes! :(

so much awesomeness could not be contained in such a small, cute furry body. it burned him out, the poor guy. i think charged buried him?

SlickHolden
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Looking pretty good :D
Were the damages not that bad?

The end of the front rials were damaged mostly contained in the front the damage was, Anything that was infront of the engine was damaged, So radiator support radiator thermo fans lights bonnet guard bumper grills etc, So pretty much a new front, Actually the only thing we saved was the passenger side guard:D, Front suspension wasn't hurt it was still drivable.. Doors had little chips as the guards rubbed them but after getting it on the rack he cleaned that up also..

so much awesomeness could not be contained in such a small, cute furry body. it burned him out, the poor guy. i think charged buried him?
So true big things do come in small packages:).

I'm not long away from grabbing it:D:D:D I might record the trip home lol:p.

whiteballz
10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
lol. If you were in sydney you'd park it under cover. hail ftw. massive rain. the road im on is a river atm

Zytek_Fan
10-25-2007, 10:21 PM
So true big things do come in small packages:).

I have one of those small guinea pig packages in a cage behind me :D

SlickHolden
10-25-2007, 11:47 PM
I have one of those small guinea pig packages in a cage behind me :D
They are so cute:).

SlickHolden
10-26-2007, 12:18 AM
It's HHHHHHHHHooooooooooooooooooooooooome:D..

****en great job he has done beautiful:D.
Drives great and it's very quite makes the poor old VP sound like a truck.. Got to get used to this light as a feather acceleration did some skids:p..
I couldn't get the bumper mould for the front and holden is currently looking at getting a supplier for them so there is none at this time.
I also like the bonnet minus the holden badge it's looks dark and mysterious :D.
So it should be within a week off to get the airbags done and then re-gas the A/C get some tyres bingo off to VIV inspection-RWC-Reg-on road.
I'm happy:).

charged
10-26-2007, 01:29 AM

He lived hard and fast, thats what we loved about George......

We buried him like they did in Pet Sematary but he came back evil and started killing pitbulls and cows.....

http://members.aol.com/CQKRIS/fcover.jpg

SlickHolden originally posted

It's HHHHHHHHHooooooooooooooooooooooooome..

****en great job he has done beautiful.

Looks the goods Slick, you must be like a kid on Christmas morning, looks very smick, Congrats.

My painter has started on the Rolla, its going hi apacity(sp) white, its the brightest white out there. It needs another day on the body and should be in the booth by Monday next week:)

SlickHolden
10-26-2007, 01:38 AM
He lived hard and fast, thats what we loved about George......

We buried him like they did in Pet Sematary but he came back evil and started killing pitbulls and cows.....

http://members.aol.com/CQKRIS/fcover.jpg

Looks the goods Slick, you must be like a kid on Christmas morning, looks very smick, Congrats.

My painter has started on the Rolla, its going hi apacity(sp) white, its the brightest white out there. It needs another day on the body and should be in the booth by Monday next week:)
Thank you:D..

Yes i'm like a kid at Christmas running up and down jumping at the birds that fly close by thinking they might crap on it:p.. I have been out there like a little kid playing reading the book:D..

You will have to stick up the Rolla.. That reminds me there is a bloke on You-tube that has a Rolla with V6 Buick motor, And it's called the RollaDoor :D It's seriously fast and scary looking seems to spin all gears.

cmcpokey
10-26-2007, 05:38 AM
Sorry Dan/Sam/Brendon had to do that title:D.

I havent read this thread though until today.... but is there another brendon on here other than me?

and the car is great, i hope you do lots of great burnouts and powerslides.

IBrake4Rainbows
10-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Yes, MotorSportNerd is also afflicted with that name.

The car, It looks nice. But I'd be sticking a Holden Badge on the front - It doesn't look right without one.

Your Wheels, I also approve.

SlickHolden
10-26-2007, 07:57 AM
I havent read this thread though until today.... but is there another brendon on here other than me?

and the car is great, i hope you do lots of great burnouts and powerslides.
Thank you:).. Just wait till i bust a cap in the donk and get LSD it's going to be a healthy V8 killer one day:p.

Yes, MotorSportNerd is also afflicted with that name.

The car, It looks nice. But I'd be sticking a Holden Badge on the front - It doesn't look right without one.

Your Wheels, I also approve.
Thank you:)
You really don't like the badge less bonnet:( How about the chrome strip in the front bar missing any good?.. At the moment holden don't have stock of them as they are looking for a new supplier I'm told.

Yes surprisingly them wheels match the car very well..

Here is a VT Berlina with Chrome strip front bar and Fog lights (Which i wont to get one day)
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/Fogs.jpg

charged
10-27-2007, 02:25 AM
Thank you.. Just wait till i bust a cap in the donk and get LSD it's going to be a healthy V8 killer one day.

Slicks Ive found you the motor of your dreams:)
comeracing.com (http://comeracing.com)

From the comeracing website
Ecotec V6 4.2 litre Blower engine
http://www.comeracing.com/weblog/images/2007/04/06/ecotec%204.2%20blower%20engine.jpg

The Ecotec Holden V6 has come a long way. With our development of a full range of performance parts for these engines there are new limits to their capabilities. The engine shown above started as one of our off the shelf outright crate motors to suit boost applications. This engine is sold as a long motor outright for $10,500.00 fully dyno run in, in normally aspirated form ready to receive whichever form of boost setup you prefer, blower or turbo. This particular customer supplied us with a very large (too large) Vortec blower and full kit including intercooler, blow off valve, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, pulleys etc. to complete the blower installation. Unfortunately the regulator was faulty, the lower pulley did not fit the stock balancer and we had to do major fabrications, the top blower pulley was way too small for an engine this size and a new $400.00 version was needed. There were many other small items needing to be done and other pieces fabricated to make this a viable installation. Buyers need to keep these factors in mind when buying a $10,000.00 plus blower kit that is supposed to be a "simple" bolt on. Using the latest Kalmaker Mafless boost software and fitted with our newly developed Twin Throttle Body Ecotec intake manifold plenum this little "midget" engine displacing 256ci (just under 4.3 litres) made 505 BHP @ 5750 rpm and 424 ft.lbs torque @ 4500 rpm Maximum boost at 5750 rpm was 14.5 psi
The size of this blower being clearly too large was evident in boost lag below 3500 rpm. In fact we saw 3-4 psi @ 2750 fully loaded at which point the engine made 291 ft.lbs torque. By 4000 rpm the boost was rushing in at 8-10 psi and 415 ft.lbs was registering. At the peak rpm of 5750 peak torque of 461 ft.lbs hit home. Now considering the size of this little engine, pump fuel being used and VERY, VERY conservative tuning this power/torque is pretty astonishing when one looks at the low rpm range.

We still feel a smaller blower would have worked better to maximise overall results and reduce the lag that most people associate with turbos. Trust me the blowers if too big are no different. Nevertheless considering the results you could easily shove this little monster into a typical VS Commodore with a set of 3.9:1 diff gears, slicks, optimised exhaust system and say a boost friendly torque converter with about 2800 rpm stall speed and easily run high 10 second 1/4 mile times. Then just drive it home and achieve great fuel economy. The latest "self learn" feature of the Kalmaker software optimises the fuel curve almost itself in no boost cruising situations off the normal dual O2 sensor imputs and keeps the engine clean and efficient at part throttle.

Engine specs: COME 4.2 litre stroker crank (nodular iron) 3.700" stroke, custom length "H" beam 4340 steel rods, Wiseco forged 8.2:1 compression forged pistons, fully ported Ecotec cast iron factory cylinder heads which flow over 350 bhp through intake ports, COME CSBR-523 hydraulic roller camshaft, Speed Pro lifters, COME Conical valve springs and chrome moly retainers, single row timing set retaining balance shaft for street smoothness, blueprinted production oil pump, fully prepared block with line honed main tunnels, bored and torque plate honed to +.030" oversize, deck surfaces machined and equalised with "O" ring grooves cut and "O" ring wire fitted, Ridgecrest custom made copper head gaskets fitted. Production rocker arms and pushrods retained. They are very strong pieces and everyone throws them out...how stupid can you be? Use them they are tough pieces. Only the pushrods need replacement if you are going to really "turn" the engine very hard. New COME Twin Throttle Body intake plenum fitted on port matched stock Ecotec intake runner base. Stock PCV breather system eliminated to prevent interraction with boost application. Will need external breather setup via rocker covers to catch can or more elaborate breather system.

SlickHolden
10-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Slicks Ive found you the motor of your dreams:)
comeracing.com (http://comeracing.com)
You know the way to a slick's heart:).. Win i win keno I'm getting that it's a LS2's worst nightmare:D..

It is amazing at how now the ecotec is starting to open up as it's moving on, Only because there are no mods for the Alloytec's yet well no mods like this other then Supercharger turbo..
there's a guy on Ebay not far away selling a performence package, $1300 Cam throttle body chip timing chain new lifters and some other stuff i forgot, They claim with exstracters and exhuast 149rwkw.. I'll have that:D bloody good start. I'm already thinking of getting some Yella terra roller rockers, But i have herd that if you go over 1.9.1 you can't get a aftermarket cam as it crates to much lift and will cause damage?.

clutch-monkey
10-27-2007, 04:01 PM
it's looking good slick... i suppose we'll all see it for the next phillip island trip :D

SlickHolden
10-28-2007, 03:59 AM
Thanks mate, Hopefully it should be on the road at least at latest jan 08..
Hopefully by Phillip Island you will all have a close up view:D.

SupraMan22
10-29-2007, 04:37 PM
very nice car man. love how even after being cut up and rebuilt the hood and quarters match up and the spaces are even.

SlickHolden
10-29-2007, 08:39 PM
very nice car man. love how even after being cut up and rebuilt the hood and quarters match up and the spaces are even.
Thanks mate, Yes they done a mighty job on it, Only issue i seen was that bumper on the corner as it meets the guard, It slightly sticks out, Must admit it's got to be a holden fault as i have seen almost all with this little bit that just sticks out and doesn't sit right, But yes the rest is perfect in line "Maybe better in line then holden did" :p

IBrake4Rainbows
10-29-2007, 10:47 PM
If you didn't know this vehicle's history i have a feeling you'd be none the wiser as to it's accident past.

It's looking real sweet :) I wasn't sure if it was the right path (I've heard bad things about Repairing Written-off cars). I hope it's reliable and durable :)

SlickHolden
10-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Yes looks like it's come from the factory almost new:D..

So far it's been running great, Went out and had a drive to holden and the Airbag guys had a blast it's very smooth and quite, It does intrude into the cabin the large pot holes and bumps but that shocks you because it's so quite in the cabin when it happens you shit yourself:p..
Even the Auto is nice and smooth another good sign i got the rebuilt one for the VP and this is pretty much the same only upgraded and with electronic controlling and it's a bloody good shifter i haven't had reason to bag it until i floored it and it took 1.4 sec to drop to 1st, The VP instant it might be the power button the book says it changed the shift patterns it's sharper more sporty better for towing etc, And the important bits work brakes steering is smooth suspension is already lowered so it's stiffer but again works better then the VP's before and after lowering, It's just a better car all round as good as the VP was over the VB this is double over the VP, But the VP beats the VT in Sound:p But at least in this car if your infront you will be able to here your own car and not the VP:D.

Got the fingers crossed all goes well and it will be cherry ripe for TGWPE3.. I'd rather pay money to do it up rather then fix it up like the VP, Most money spent on that was to fix old age.

charged
10-30-2007, 01:46 AM
What does TGWPE3 ???:o

clutch-monkey
10-30-2007, 02:18 AM
Yes looks like it's come from the factory almost new:D..

So far it's been running great, Went out and had a drive to holden and the Airbag guys had a blast it's very smooth and quite, It does intrude into the cabin the large pot holes and bumps but that shocks you because it's so quite in the cabin when it happens you shit yourself:p..
Even the Auto is nice and smooth another good sign i got the rebuilt one for the VP and this is pretty much the same only upgraded and with electronic controlling and it's a bloody good shifter i haven't had reason to bag it until i floored it and it took 1.4 sec to drop to 1st, The VP instant it might be the power button the book says it changed the shift patterns it's sharper more sporty better for towing etc, And the important bits work brakes steering is smooth suspension is already lowered so it's stiffer but again works better then the VP's before and after lowering, It's just a better car all round as good as the VP was over the VB this is double over the VP, But the VP beats the VT in Sound:p But at least in this car if your infront you will be able to here your own car and not the VP:D.

Got the fingers crossed all goes well and it will be cherry ripe for TGWPE3.. I'd rather pay money to do it up rather then fix it up like the VP, Most money spent on that was to fix old age.
good ot hear it's all working slick, can't wait for a ride :D

What does TGWPE3 ???:o

the melbourne meet :cool:

charged
10-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Whens the Melbourne meet ???, Not late November ??

We are planning doing Island Magic in 2008, its usually on late November.

There all different classes Clutch, you could bring the Porka for the UCP cup *

* May need nephews car for added TURBO POWA to keep up with it:o

IBrake4Rainbows
10-30-2007, 02:46 AM
Nah - we go to Phillip Island Classic Usually - Sometime in March.

It was so much awesome last time.

SlickHolden
10-30-2007, 06:39 AM
good ot hear it's all working slick, can't wait for a ride

You will have to do the boot test for me:D but i promise i wont drive with you in the boot, Unless you ask me to:p.
I'm pretty pumped up i just want to get it out and drive it more, I got to watch the fuel as it seems to be running a little high on econemy so when that fuel sender is fixed i might change them bloody oxygen sensors they are crap on holdens, The VP had 1 this bugger has 2:eek:

At least i hope this Melbourne meet anyone in the car with me wont sweat with no A/C:D, But the VP has A/C 4 power modes each window:p.

clutch-monkey
10-30-2007, 02:24 PM
haha sure thing mate :D

Nah - we go to Phillip Island Classic Usually - Sometime in March.

It was so much awesome last time.

wasn't quite as awesome as the first time...but that's to be expected when you bring noobs along.

IBrake4Rainbows
10-30-2007, 10:17 PM
roflcopter.

Stupid Chris.

SlickHolden
10-31-2007, 02:00 AM
I'm not going this year:(.

clutch-monkey
10-31-2007, 02:16 AM
I'm not going this year:(.

but you already went this year :confused: :p
and you have to come next year, you live right there, and we need your car's passenger carrying ability :D

SlickHolden
10-31-2007, 02:25 AM
Thats why i'm not going this year:p

But i will go next year:D

IBrake4Rainbows
10-31-2007, 04:29 AM
I'm confused.

Who did what to the swedish pony?

SlickHolden
10-31-2007, 05:36 AM
Clutch is the animal man:D

KFA-R
11-02-2007, 11:41 PM

Yes... but where i live... fuel prices get blown out a lot

You got a little girl behind you on the bike telling you how much km's you ride you save money:D.

Lol no not as yet... if i did it might stop the abuse i get yelled at me when i do ride :D

P.S. Sorry for the slow reply hey... been a bit slack :(

SlickHolden
11-03-2007, 12:27 AM
To much bike riding And not enough PC typing:D..

So far the VT is doing 18-22l/100 in the short time i have been driving it which really isn't much to go on but it seems higher something to think about already:eek: Might be the Oxygen sensors they went in the VP made a huge change to fuel in that.

KFA-R
11-03-2007, 02:09 AM

LOL :D

charged
11-03-2007, 05:16 AM

So far the VT is doing 18-22l/100 in the short time i have been driving it which really isn't much to go on but it seems higher something to think about already:eek: Might be the Oxygen sensors they went in the VP made a huge change to fuel in that.

Could be the oxygen sensor seems fairly high or have you been giving it a bootful slick:)

SlickHolden
11-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Could be the oxygen sensor seems fairly high or have you been giving it a bootful slick:)
Only a couple of times can't help myself:D They are a very large problems in commodores V6's, The VP has done 1 and just about anyone that has high fuel i think starts there, I replaced the old VP's one with a Bosch one cut fuel in half:eek:. But this bugger has 2:eek: I though they fixed this problem after the Buick V6?.

motorsportnerd
11-18-2007, 05:00 AM
Slick, I'm glad to hear that the VT is alive and well. I'm looking forward to seeing it next time I'm in Melbourne.

SlickHolden
11-18-2007, 05:47 AM
Thanks MSN it's alive and kicking:D... It's got some more go then the VP which upset me, Then made me happy:p.

SlickHolden
02-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I forgot to update:D..

I had the Airbags done, $350 and all is working fine in that area now.
It's good to drive it without cutting my arms:p..

1: going into the Auto-Elec..
2: all done.

ruim20
02-10-2008, 01:35 PM
So, in numbers, how much was the car worth when you found it? how much would it be worth if it was running and how much money did you spendt fixing it?

Also, great job! really a great thread, bringing a car that was deemed doomed back to life! well done! :)

SlickHolden
02-11-2008, 04:21 AM
Maybe around $4000+ even smashed, It was in Very well keeped condition, With low km's.

But got it for $3300..

As time goes on they are getting less expensive so it's going to look worse against me..

But if i go on when i got it they were going from $9000-$12000+.. Market Valve is still high about $13,000 i think back then?.

Roughly about $2500 in parts, $2000 to repair and paint supply my own parts..
$1000 for airbags and fitting..
I have about $400 of things to do before i am ready for the big inspections..
Then inspections etc is about $1,100+ ($440 Vechile identification valadate) ($700+ Papers registration on roads etc) this is the most expensive thing to the car that doesn't involve a single part.
So before the last part it's cheap..

So total which i still can only guess at is around on the road looking at..

$10,000-$11,000 About that area.. Today i could get one with same KM's for around $9,000-$11,000. But under 150,000km in these cars is rare, But then you still need to ad the money for change overs and the normal stuff, So ad another $500 easy to the total price.
So my guess is I'm on par or just 1 over:D.
I could have bought the base model of these cars for $5000 is the cheapest they go for today, But that's no electrics boring car, This has all the goodies which i really wanted.

My sisters boyfriend's brother has a 98 VT Series 1 Berlina, Which he brought 2 years ago for $14,500..

In the long run i'm going to waste money on it, Like the VP hidden under the body is around $1,700 of the drive train new, And $600 to the suspension.. I love cars to much to just drive them I'm like a big kid i love to play around with them, And in doing up my new one i did toss in secret parts for later:D.

And thank you for your great comments:).

clutch-monkey
02-11-2008, 04:06 PM
hey slick will it be ready for PI? will be nice to see it :D

SlickHolden
02-11-2008, 04:22 PM
hey slick will it be ready for PI? will be nice to see it :D
About as ready as Wayne carey and Ben Cousins are to play footy this year:p..

Nah chances are so so low and I'm so pist off about it, My date was Xmas to take it away, Then PI, Now I'm thinking of not setting dates just get the bugger on the road and drive it next year:D.

Got my fingers crossed for keno:D. **** the Berlina if i won keno I'll hire the Aurion Fairmont Calais and 380 for us:D

clutch-monkey
02-11-2008, 04:23 PM
haha nice :D i get too impatient with car projects, if i need somethign done by a shop they get annoyed because i keep ringing and asking why it isn't done yet :D a good paint job is holding me up atm :( been in the shop since november..

whiteballz
02-11-2008, 05:02 PM
triumph? its a girls car anyway.

clutch-monkey
02-11-2008, 05:51 PM
i was referring to the yellow clubman...:p

whiteballz
02-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Your not helping your position much.

SlickHolden
02-12-2008, 06:32 AM
haha nice :D i get too impatient with car projects, if i need somethign done by a shop they get annoyed because i keep ringing and asking why it isn't done yet :D a good paint job is holding me up atm :( been in the shop since november..
I"m like that, Painting a car is something hard to wait for..

usually when i have had something done to the VP i sit and wait for it to be done, I trust them:D.. With the Berlina i have left it over night, But it did come back with a chip next to the grill the size of a nut peace ****en shit **** ass ****s!:mad: I know where it was done but really can't prove it:( **** **** ****s

SlickHolden
03-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Cross another off the Slick List!.

We have Air Con!..

SlickHolden-SlickCool :D.

Thought we had some issues with some piping, Then we don't have a lower fan relay which i need to get, But according to holden (**** wits) i don't need that. Well according tp the the A/C pro's i do.
With the lower speed fan i will get even cooler temps. Sitting there for 2 min it hit 13deg in the car:D:D.
The drive home was cool, The power loss was not felt which also is good, But the twin A/C fans keeped going to high speed as the lower speed which helps wasn't working, So need to get that lower fan speed relay soon.

Well At least next years TGWPE will be cool:D.

SlickHolden
03-31-2008, 01:11 AM
I have been meaning to get into my climate control for some time now, Most of the globes have blown and i have been meaning to change them,
So today sick and all i gave it a shot.

Just to get to this..
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/Climate.jpg

I had to do this..
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/Climate-2.jpg

And this mess...
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/Climate-3.jpg

All for this little thing.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/Climate-4.jpg

For 6 globes that are smaller then baby's nails.
Only to be told we are out of stock!! After being told yes we have them but hey i only sold 5 of them 2 min ago!!!.

john14
03-31-2008, 03:19 AM
Slick, your car looks great now. :)

SlickHolden
03-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Thank you very much:):)...

It would look even better with a reg sticker on it lol.

Them pissy little globes for the Climate Control are $10 each:eek: it's murder.

SlickHolden
04-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Whilst tearing the dash to bits, I have blown some lights lol..

I'm going to give them make the green back lights go away go..

And i done my dash cluster;). Looks mint pat myself on the back for that one:D.
I sprayed the surround myself, "Ford guys be happy" I used Mercury Silver:D

There is nothing wrong with the green lighting, It's aparently the best on the eyes at night, I was thinking changing it to red or blue in the climate display and trip computer display.

I should have had a pic before i started..

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/100_2228.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/100_2225.jpg

This isn't my car, But it's what gave me the idea of changing lighthing to.
It's not just change a globe job, You need a LED 12v. Resistor solder the resistor on then solder the + - to the cluster and it should work...
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/P1020019-1.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/everything.jpg

ripper46
04-04-2008, 08:29 AM
I sez this is nice

SlickHolden
04-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Thank you:):).

Blue Supra
04-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Looks phat Slick! cant wait to cruise in it :)

IBrake4Rainbows
04-04-2008, 09:45 PM
It'll be epic for GWEp4 :D

SlickHolden
04-05-2008, 04:08 AM
Looks phat Slick! cant wait to cruise in it :)
Thank you.. Can't wait myself:D:D Can't wait till GWEp4:D.

It'll be epic for GWEp4 :D
And much more comfort:D and a lot less noise:p. And 20kw extra:p. Not that it goes faster then the VP well it really doesn't but it cruises as good with less stiffness:D Tank wars is on again.

Brendon!!! The Berlina weight is 1555kg:eek: Fat ****er hey.

SlickHolden
04-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I have been playing with lights on thing in the car.

Plus i changed the Cluster backing. Been bored needed to do something.

First was the Dash Cluster. From the old tired black, To the new Light blue look. I also painted the surround silver to make it fit in better with my latter plans.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/Climate-2-1.jpghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/dash-1.jpg

Then i changed the green Trip computer displays to light up Blue.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/Image111-1.jpghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/100_2266-1.jpg

Then changed the rear power window switches from not very bright green to much lighter blue.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/100_2279-1.jpg http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/100_2282-1.jpg

I then did the centre power window switches to red, Only because i ran out of blue LED's:p... The red LED's are no where near as bright but they are changeable latter on.
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/100_2285-1-1.jpg

Other things i haven't taken pics of are Mode Switch for the Trip Computer, That's Blue also.
Have taken apart the CD player, Am thinking of Changing that to blue display also.

There are some guys interstate that change Dials colours from factory to anything you would like, I'm waiting on them to change my green dial lights to something different but factory look, They are testing cars right now and should come up with something soon, They have been doing VY-VZ displays for a very long time.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=34614

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=%22http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/?action=view&current=Climate-2.jpg%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22h ttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/Climate-2.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22Photobucket%22% 3E%3C/a%3E

IBrake4Rainbows
04-22-2008, 09:53 PM
There is going to be a hell of a lot of blue dude......red LED's do look pretty pimp too :)

SlickHolden
04-22-2008, 11:01 PM
A hell of alot of blue:p..

Dash dials noire then likly will light up blue, But with other colours with it.

I was thinking orange but i was thinking go with the cars colour maybe?.

I'm, also going to have to change the lights at the feet they light up green, Might go too?????? Ummmm How about Blue:p.

But to be honest with next years GWEp4 the rear swithes in the night will shine bright, Anyone who sits there wont miss it:D.

IBrake4Rainbows
04-22-2008, 11:21 PM
That's gonna be great. We're gonna want to sleep and we can't because WE'RE BEING BLINDED BY BLUE LIGHTS.

:p

SlickHolden
04-23-2008, 05:31 AM
And a disco ball in the middle of the roof:D.

IBrake4Rainbows
04-23-2008, 05:40 AM
And, of course, the obligatory doof doof doof doof doof doof.

SlickHolden
04-23-2008, 05:50 AM
I'm in a holden got to be a bogan:p.

Actually that might be for GWPeMK5 :eek:

SlickHolden
06-23-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm back!... And the car is only steps away now from being registered!..

I've done a few things since last i wrote..

Had 3 flat tyres:p.. Broke a few things that needed replacing, Tore the dash to bits and replaced Climate control and had Factory CD unit coded for use.. Then stuck the whole thing back together as good as new with a big cleaning.
Fixed my passenger seat, Had too have the air-bags reset again after i made a little error after removing the seat i started the car to move it forward and set the system off with millions of errors, That's ok i will learn from that:D.
Had that reset took 1.3 min:p.
Changed the tyres New windscreen...

All that's left now is Chrome mould front bar, B Pillar cover broke,

Was a good drive Saturday morning, I was able to drive the car 40km to have the windscreen removed and changed, Was a nice drive as it was down the freeway:).. Drove beautiful down the highways Nice and smooth quite does have some tyre rumble on bumps like them metal rods they stick on freeways when they do peace by peace as they raise the road up top hills but other then that very smooth and quite (GWpE Guys;)).
I actually have a small video of it:D.

So yeah just a few shots i have taken in the last few days..

Some some pics of the dash completely back together with everything working..
Some interior shots..
New Windscreen,
And the before what it was before i fixed it:D.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-23-2008, 05:44 AM
YAY! it's all getting sorted :)

The sad thing is that at the end of the day it's still a Commodore :p

SlickHolden
06-23-2008, 07:27 AM
No it's a berlina:p.. As a berlina owner i have to get the shits now with that:p.
No poor mans calais jokes also please:D.

Cyco
06-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Isn't it just a Cal..... ooohhh.... :p

Great its going so well :D

SlickHolden
06-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Yes the one that poor bogans buy:D.

Yes only one issue i have just picked up on the passenger side strut tower is slighty split, I wonder if this is going to be trouble for me?..
I'm a touch shocked the repairer didn't see this:(..

That's all i need another problem now.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-23-2008, 06:48 PM
That split could be trouble - i'd be talking to your repair dude about it.

SlickHolden
06-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I had a chat today with him, He laughed and said it's not one bit of an issue, I said why it looks split, He said it's a sealer it's not connected it's like weak puddy it it hasn't and wont compromise the suspension tower.
He said to me the section where they look like they meet, They actually don't meet it moves?. He said stick your heart back in your chest don't worry about it.
So i looked on the other side and same type of thing i don't get it? It looks suss but the other side looks like it's not meant to be welded or connected also?
I need to see some VT-VX-VY's.

charged
06-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Shell be right mate, its not meant to be connected slick. The strut tower is a pressed peice and doesnt connect to the inner guard... Looks like you are ready for the road my friend:)

SlickHolden
06-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks Charged i can rest easy now:D..
Yes as the car sits right now too me it's ready and full Road Worthy. Small thing is Front Bar chrome mould minor can do or not do but fits in better.

Slick does a Monkey:p.. I got in the back easy and maybe 1.5 easy to 2 tight Slicks:D
2-2.5 Clutches:D.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/100_2436.jpg

clutch-monkey
06-24-2008, 01:48 AM
hahaha big boot then! :D

SlickHolden
06-24-2008, 01:52 AM
Huge boot:p.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Lol. you should make that your facebook profile.

SlickHolden
06-24-2008, 06:09 AM
LOL I might do that:p......... ........... ........... Done!.

Stuck this on Youtube, Little travel @ 100kp/h on the way home from windscreen obrions..
Only thing is them shitty steal things they stick on the freeway too make sections so they can raise the roads, They shit me clonk clonk thats all you here, The VP slams them hard:p..

YouTube - VT II Berlina V6 Freeway easy quite trip. (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=BYXo8JOnias)

SlickHolden
06-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Car is set for VIV on the 9th on July!!...

So if you here about a man ran down by a blue VT on Wednesday night's news, You don't know where i am:p..

If you don't here a thing i am driving still:D And all is good..

If you here from me think the worst:(.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Ha ha - the 9ths my Birthday.

I will a pass from the VIV as my gift to you :P

SlickHolden
06-30-2008, 10:02 AM
And my gift back will be no birthday punches:D..

I'll be on just to wish you happy birthday even if I'm at the cop station:p..

Must admit I'm nerves really nerves i don't want it to fail first time it's to important to much work blood sweet and tears i will feel a bit of a failure if it misses out first time.

SlickHolden
06-30-2008, 10:08 AM
It looks ready, But looking and being are to different things:(.. I'm packing death.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa78/slickholden/100_2443.jpg

SlickHolden
07-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I have all but passed the VIV today, 2 things remain, SRS Restraint system report, Airbag check..
And i need to get a receipt and viv for the front cut i have which was the radiator support cut..

But past that the VIV inspectors were happy with the repairs and happy to pass the car once i have handed them 2 small things.

So good news not long now she be runing on the road fully registerd:D.

SlickHolden
07-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Got the VIV pass and passed the Air Bag test like i knew:p..
RWC Monday at VIV testers, Pass that hopefully Registered Next week or week after depends on VicRoads.