Ultimatecarpage.com forums

Ultimatecarpage.com forums (https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Automotive (https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   2008 Mercedes C Class! (https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12823)

Manik 03-01-2005 03:27 PM

2008 Mercedes C Class!

4 Attachment(s)
Sources tell us it will have a strong family resemblance to the CLS.

2008 Mercedes C Class!

This is the very first sighting of the 2008 Mercedes C Class and although its heavily disguised, the timing is significant indicating the W204 (as its known by its internal codename) is right on schedule.

The next generation C Class will arrive in the 2007 calendar year, followed twelve months later by the wagon version. And although its hard to tell from these pictures the new C Class is expected to be much sportier and no longer just a downsized S Class, but a more modern Benz which hope to gain the attention of younger and less conservative buyers.

The rear-wheel-drive sedan will be the first powered with KDI EVT (electronic valve train without camshaft, supercharged, direct-injection) engines, and will incorporate other new technologies including the third-generation 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.

But as independent and modern as the new C Class looks, it will be sharing even more component-wise with E and S Class models.

these are the only photos that were3 on the site, if you have anymore feel free to post em! :D

Cotterik 03-01-2005 04:07 PM

its kinda hard to create an impression of the car from those pictures, there wont be any others, but 3 years left! the end result probably wont even be like that.

ZeTurbo 03-01-2005 04:09 PM

do you think those body panels will make it to production?

[SIZE=1]... i crack myself up[/SIZE]

Manik 03-01-2005 04:11 PM

[QUOTE=ZeTurbo]do you think those body panels will make it to production?

[SIZE=1]... i crack myself up[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

lol sure! why not they looks stylin lol! :D

Rockefella 03-01-2005 05:08 PM

The car has some nice lines, from what I can barely see.

Manik 03-01-2005 05:39 PM

[QUOTE=Rockefella]The car has some nice lines, from what I can barely see.[/QUOTE]

sorry the photos arn't that good, I hope maybe mercedes will have some official photos soon...

d-quik 03-01-2005 05:40 PM

honestly i'd rather not pay for a paint job and the extra plastics on top unless its really needed for aerodynamic purposes

6'bore 03-02-2005 12:51 PM

is anyone else seeing a very basic 5 series shape?

Porsche 77 03-02-2005 12:55 PM

[QUOTE]is anyone else seeing a very basic 5 series shape?[/QUOTE]

jajaja. yes. in the 2nd picture

QuattroMan 03-02-2005 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=ZeTurbo]do you think those body panels will make it to production?

[SIZE=1]... i crack myself up[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I hope not looks nast,,,,

Manik 03-02-2005 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=QUATTRO MAN]I hope not looks nast,,,,[/QUOTE]

lol but that plastic is light and aerodynamic......... :p

CHEESE-TACULAR 03-02-2005 04:28 PM

yeah and all those bolts scream preformance :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

aNOBLEman 03-02-2005 05:23 PM

I think that in the pictures it resembles a BMW 5 series. Of course this is very far from production, so it will most definitely change.

Manik 03-02-2005 07:04 PM

[QUOTE=aNOBLEman]I think that in the pictures it resembles a BMW 5 series. Of course this is very far from production, so it will most definitely change.[/QUOTE]

The lines will probably change when the car goes into production. In the article it stated that the car sort of looked like the CLS. I hope when the real model comes out it does maybe resemble the CLS. Danm the CLS is such a spectacular car. :D

Merchead 12-03-2005 04:23 AM

Mercedes Benz 2008 C Class

2 Attachment(s)
These are two different pictures of the 2008 C Class. Does these look like real photos or computer generated pictures. Which one is correct and which one do you guys think is a better design. FYI, the left picture was found in the Motortrend website and the right picture was found in Jalopnik and Germancarfans sites. The left picture is definitely a better design, it is bolder, more aggressive in everyway. As always the Merc interior is luxurious when compared to the dull, boring, plain, sanitized BMW interior. A good car is defined by great driving as well as great comfort and feel as oppose to just great driving only. I rather have the compromise as oppose to have one extreme. When I sit in the E90, I feel like I am bullock cart with rollerblades. I am confident that Stuttgart will get it right so that E90 can start shivering about now..............