Thread: Greetings and some art...

Greetings and some art...

Hi all. I'm new on here. Just wanted to say hello. I put this thread in the multimedia section so I could share some of my artwork. I'm an artist by profession, and a lifelong car enthusiast, so the two naturally combined. I've included a few examples here for you to look at. I also made an album on my user profile with some more pics. There's a link there to my website too.

The color pieces are colored pencil. The black & whites are just plain old pencil. I work in some other mediums too, but these are my favorites. I'd love to see any artwork anyone else has done. Please share!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my work. Looking forward to learning a thing or two on here...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by switters78; 03-02-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Welcome

Those pictures are awesome, extrodinary talent, keep it up.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Yeah these are pretty freaking amazing switters. I look forward to seeing more and hopefully you'll become a member of the community here!

Welcome to UCP!

Excellent indeed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Beautiful drawings, very talented!

Wow, that puts my doodles of a old BMW 3 Series when I was way too bored of Chem to shame.

But yeah, welcome to UCP, and I will enjoy seeing more of your art.

What's a switter by the way?

Great drawings!
    I very much like what you did with the reflections on the TR-3 with just a pencil. Wow.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Welcome to UCP, and congratulations on your fine works!

I've always wanted to be an artist, but parental pressure prevents me from doing so D:

Very impressive. Two thumbs up for all the british cars.
    Welcome to ucp.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post

What's a switter by the way?
    Switters is my favorite literary character. He's the main character in the book, "Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates" by Tom Robbins. It's a great book for anyone interested. Actually, all his books are great, but that's my favorite one.

To everyone, thanks for all the kind words. I'll definitely post new work as I finish it. I'm working on some new pieces for a show I'm doing in North Carolina in April, which is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Triumph Italia 2000. I'm also working on a series of vintage formula one racers, currently a '53 Ferrari 500 F2, but it's kind of an ongoing project. Maybe I'll post some progressions so you can see how the piece develops.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Art indeed, nice work
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by switters78 View Post
    Switters is my favorite literary character. He's the main character in the book, "Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates" by Tom Robbins. It's a great book for anyone interested. Actually, all his books are great, but that's my favorite one.

To everyone, thanks for all the kind words. I'll definitely post new work as I finish it. I'm working on some new pieces for a show I'm doing in North Carolina in April, which is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Triumph Italia 2000. I'm also working on a series of vintage formula one racers, currently a '53 Ferrari 500 F2, but it's kind of an ongoing project. Maybe I'll post some progressions so you can see how the piece develops.
    That's cool.

Looking forward to more stuff!

That's some talent right there. Welcome to UCP, hope to see you become a regular member here
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information