Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our 2011 car of the year: the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 ...

Our 2011 car of the year: the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 ...

Defying the current economic conditions and the urge to move to ever more environmentally friendlier methods of transportation, 2011 has been a fantastic year for sports cars. For example; Pagani raised the bar with the Huayra, Alfa Romeo announced a new rear wheel drive coupe, Porsche launched a all-new generation of the 911 and Chevrolet broadened the path to affordable performance with the tarmac-shredding Camaro ZL1. However, none of the new sports cars impressed us more than the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4. At first glance it may look like a refreshened Murcielago but don't be fooled by the familiar design. Underneath the angular carbon-fibre panels a brand-new chassis and drivetrain can be found. It all starts with Lamborghini's first carbon fibre monocoque, which has been designed and will be built in-house. Lamborghini engineers also turned to Formula 1 for inspiration when they developed the sophisticated push-rod suspension. The power, all 700 horses, comes from an all-new V12, which is both lighter and more powerful than Aventador's predecessor's. The engine is mated to a seven-speed gearbox developed together with Graziano that is quicker than a dual-clutch box but at a considerably lower weight. Many subtle tweaks to the exterior design have also given the familiar lines a fresh, and even sharper look. The end result is a package that is more than a match for its rivals both aesthetically and technologically. We expect the range to be expanded with a Roadster model in 2012.
    During 2011, we captured the Aventador several times as it made its various debuts around the world. This can be seen in our highly detailed, 30-shot gallery of various examples at the Geneva Motor Show world debut, the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the American debut during the McCall Motorworks Revival.

Enjoy the links:

2011 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - Images, Specifications and Information

1978 - 1982 Lamborghini Countach LP400S - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

No it isn't.

It's the Morgan 3 Wheeler. Or the McLaren MP4-12C if it has to have four wheels.

So far at least.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

That what i though, the morgan had more votes.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thats rubbish. No way can anyone say that a stupid 3 wheel car made of wood is better than a new lambo. the new mclaren is a great car no doubt but i like he lambo more
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen_Ferio View Post
    Thats rubbish. No way can anyone say that a stupid 3 wheel car made of wood is better than a new lambo. the new mclaren is a great car no doubt but i like he lambo more
    Oh well...

Or something...
    Visca Catalunya!

drive the stupid three wheel car and we talk again....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Their were no specified criteria for COTY, but we voted for the Morgan 3 Wheeler for reasons stated in the voting thread. I'm disappointed that our decision has not been respected, especially since the only one here (to my knowledge) to drive it was none other than Wouter.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    Their were no specified criteria for COTY, but we voted for the Morgan 3 Wheeler for reasons stated in the voting thread. I'm disappointed that our decision has not been respected, especially since the only one here (to my knowledge) to drive it was none other than Wouter.
    and me...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    and me...
    Oh I didn't know!
    So, am I wrong? Is it not a fun car to drive?
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    Oh I didn't know!
    So, am I wrong? Is it not a fun car to drive?

Morgan 3 Wheeler - Ultimatecarpage.com - Images, Specifications and Information

check the gallery and watch my smile underneath the helmet....

Apples and Oranges..... Thumbs up to Wouter's measurable, quantifiable choice of the Lamborghini, and because my favorite drive is an old VW Bug, or a 27' Tee Hot Rod, I can understand the sentiments for the Morgan. Would appreciate both in my stable of vehicles ranging from character cars to high performance cars from both sides of the Atlantic/Pacific.

Excellent Choice Wouter

The Aventador was the editors' choice and the Morgan certainly was a great choice as well, as we experienced ourselves. The Aventador is a completer package though.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

It would have been more considerate if you had waited until the voting was finished and you could have published both, the editors and the members choice on the main page.

Despite being a small part of this great car site we also like to feel we count as much as everything else.
    Visca Catalunya!

No way I'd like/want the Morgan more than the Aventador...the notion of that is just silly.

No way the Morgan would get COTY in any broad survey, only here in oddball land could it achieve such status.

Could take the Morgan more places than an Aventador and carry the same number of passengers/luggage
    Lightweight versus power and technology makes a case for the Morgan. No ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information