Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men genetically engineered to like fast

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Welcome to UCP

not only that, but going fast on skies or going fast descending a high mountain pass on your bicycle (the reward for having climbed it first) feels like an orgasm and depending on the altitude of the pass, might last for 10-20 minutes...
    So speed is good.

I still remember when we would try with a friend to achieve speeds in excess of 50 and 60km/h with our bycicles when descending mountain passes.

Now he drives a Golf GTI 16v and I drive a BMW.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Welcome to UCP
    thanks man so far i like it here

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    So speed is good.

I still remember when we would try with a friend to achieve speeds in excess of 50 and 60km/h with our bycicles when descending mountain passes.

Yes, I have achieved speeds well over 90, and i now drive a C5....(diesel)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    So speed is good.

Back in the 1970s four mates & me rode our motorbikes up to Australia's tallest peak (Mount Kosciuszko) in mid-summer. Then in an impromptu race we rolled them back down the steeply descending access road with the engines switched off, from above Charlotte Pass through Smiggins Hole and then iirc almost all the way to Lake Jindabyne (at least 20 mins or more). Its pretty steep up there with a beautifully smooth road surface, we were all crouched over the tank and some were trying the 'Roley Free @ Bonneville' technique to gain advantage. I do remember having to brake for some of the corners amid the close pack of contestants, at around 130 km/h!

In total silence and what a blast, fwiw the bikes were a Norton 850 Interstate and new Honda CX500 (two mates) a BMW R900S and '70 Royal Enfield Interceptor (my two brother's bikes) and my Ducati bevel 860GTS.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Back in the 1970s four mates & me rode our motorbikes up to Australia's tallest peak (Mount Kosciuszko) in mid-summer. Then in an impromptu race we rolled them back down the steeply descending access road with the engines switched off, from above Charlotte Pass through Smiggins Hole and then iirc almost all the way to Lake Jindabyne (at least 20 mins or more). Its pretty steep up there with a beautifully smooth road surface, we were all crouched over the tank and some were trying the 'Roley Free @ Bonneville' technique to gain advantage. I do remember having to brake for some of the corners amid the close pack of contestants, at around 130 km/h!

In total silence and what a blast, fwiw the bikes were a Norton 850 Interstate and new Honda CX500 (two mates) a BMW R900S and '70 Royal Enfield Interceptor (my two brother's bikes) and my Ducati bevel 860GTS.
    It would have been even more impressive if you had climbed up, also with the engines switched off
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes, I have achieved speeds well over 90, and i now drive a C5....(diesel)
    So the faster you went to least drivers cars you drive...?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information