Thread: Ferrari Challenge

Ferrari Challenge

Ferrari Challenge
    Dates: March 19, 2004 - March 21, 2004

This past weekend we were treated to the Ferrari Challenge at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California where we saw over 100 examples of Ferraris made over the last several decades. There was one Ferrari Enzo, at least two F50s, tons of 360 Modenas, and many other late and early model Ferraris. Many of these cars hit the road course for the Ferrari 360 Challenge Race, the Drum Brake Class Race, the Disc Brake Class Race, or as part of the Ferrari Club.

The Ferrari Challenge tour is open to the public, and this stop was only $20 a day to attend. If you are into exotic Italian sportscars, it's worth every penny to be among so many fine specimens in one place. Check out the Ferrari USA website for this year's schedule.

The following is quoted from Ferrari's website:

"The Ferrari Challenge, Ferrari's own racing series, was created to allow Ferrari customers to enjoy their cars in a structured competitive environment, racing against other Ferrari owners on some of the great race tracks of North America.

Ferraris racing in the series are very carefully prepared and maintained for competition by authorized Ferrari dealers, many of whom have formed racing teams for the series. These modifications are designed to enhance safety in racing - for instance, full roll cages, special racing seats and safety harnesses, fire systems, and similar safety devices. There are slight modifications to some body panels, and suspension and brake parts are appropriate for racing, but the V-8 engine remains exactly as Ferrari built it, with no changes permitted.

The Challenge was created in 1993 for the then-current Ferrari 348. When the F355 was announced it was immediately eligible for the Challenge, and eventually replaced the 348. Since 2000 the featured car has been the 360 Modena - a special racing version has been built by the Ferrari factory just for the series.

The appeal of the Ferrari Challenge is obvious. Owners can enjoy competition with their Ferraris on the race track, and enjoy camaraderie in a social environment with other Ferrari owners away from the track. Spectators can enjoy the experience of seeing enthusiastic drivers in fierce competition with streetable Ferrari racing cars. For the people who participate and for those who watch, the Ferrari Challenge provides a perfect way to enjoy a unique and challenging interest."

www.carandmodel.com

I've 382 pics... See this slideshow...
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhenix
    Ferrari Challenge
    Dates: March 19, 2004 - March 21, 2004

This past weekend we were treated to the Ferrari Challenge at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California where we saw over 100 examples of Ferraris made over the last several decades. There was one Ferrari Enzo, at least two F50s, tons of 360 Modenas, and many other late and early model Ferraris. Many of these cars hit the road course for the Ferrari 360 Challenge Race, the Drum Brake Class Race, the Disc Brake Class Race, or as part of the Ferrari Club.

The Ferrari Challenge tour is open to the public, and this stop was only $20 a day to attend. If you are into exotic Italian sportscars, it's worth every penny to be among so many fine specimens in one place. Check out the Ferrari USA website for this year's schedule.

The following is quoted from Ferrari's website:

"The Ferrari Challenge, Ferrari's own racing series, was created to allow Ferrari customers to enjoy their cars in a structured competitive environment, racing against other Ferrari owners on some of the great race tracks of North America.

Ferraris racing in the series are very carefully prepared and maintained for competition by authorized Ferrari dealers, many of whom have formed racing teams for the series. These modifications are designed to enhance safety in racing - for instance, full roll cages, special racing seats and safety harnesses, fire systems, and similar safety devices. There are slight modifications to some body panels, and suspension and brake parts are appropriate for racing, but the V-8 engine remains exactly as Ferrari built it, with no changes permitted.

The Challenge was created in 1993 for the then-current Ferrari 348. When the F355 was announced it was immediately eligible for the Challenge, and eventually replaced the 348. Since 2000 the featured car has been the 360 Modena - a special racing version has been built by the Ferrari factory just for the series.

The appeal of the Ferrari Challenge is obvious. Owners can enjoy competition with their Ferraris on the race track, and enjoy camaraderie in a social environment with other Ferrari owners away from the track. Spectators can enjoy the experience of seeing enthusiastic drivers in fierce competition with streetable Ferrari racing cars. For the people who participate and for those who watch, the Ferrari Challenge provides a perfect way to enjoy a unique and challenging interest."

www.carandmodel.com

I've 382 pics... See this slideshow...

hey is that your site ?? or have you just put your pics on there?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

No, it isn't... I'm a member of the website and i give some pics... I've modified the slideshow and upload it to our comunity at msn...
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhenix
    No, it isn't... I'm a member of the website and i give some pics... I've modified the slideshow and upload it to our comunity at msn...

ah ok good idea, im a member too might make a Goodwood slide show on ther for yall
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information