Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar XKR

Jaguar XKR

Another new Jag. This one has the same AJV8 engine as the new XKR but in a tighter package more sports oriented. The engine features direct injection, variable intake manifold, and variable valve timing. The XKR features a supercharger like the XKR and has the same power rating (510 hp, 461 lb-ft) and can hit 100 km/h in 4.6 seconds. Also, a Portfolio version with natural aspiration boasts 385 hp and 380 lb-ft and can hit 100 km/h in 5.2 seconds. It's befit with all sorts of electronic gizmos to keep you on the road and of course has USBs and navscreens and all that crap that is basically mandatory in luxury cars today.

I can see where hellcat says Jaguar is ricing their own cars now - maybe an exaggeration but I think that the XKR is not nice at all and when you see it besides the XFR both look kinda crappy.

More info and pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I can see where hellcat says Jaguar is ricing their own cars now - maybe an exaggeration but I think that the XKR is not nice at all and when you see it besides the XFR both look kinda crappy.[/URL]
    I couldn't agree you two more.

I actually quite like the facelift. Except for the silver bits in the front bumper.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I wouldn't be surprised if Jaguar get in trouble for that 2nd shot. They got a smacked wrist from Ofcom sseveral years ago regarding an old XKR advert that apparantly promoted speeding. Stupid hi-vis wearing spoilsports.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I actually quite like the facelift. Except for the silver bits in the front bumper.
    yeah they are a little too evident, but overall I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Dantera22B View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jaguar get in trouble for that 2nd shot. They got a smacked wrist from Ofcom sseveral years ago regarding an old XKR advert that apparantly promoted speeding. Stupid hi-vis wearing spoilsports.
    I actually like oversteering pics, and if someone think it's like promoting speeding, what about 500 bhp?
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Easton Chang has some serious balls to rig an oversteering car. His location shots of the XFR have them too.

Well that's exactly what a Jag should do, so it's all well...
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes. It has a slightly larger engine and possibly a manual gearbox(I didn't check), but aside from that, it is an XK.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Yes. It has a slightly larger engine and possibly a manual gearbox(I didn't check), but aside from that, it is an XK.
    Nope, it still has the same automatic gearbox as the XK (and any other Jaguar, sadly).
    Visca Catalunya!

Nope, it still has the same automatic gearbox as the XK (and any other Jaguar, sadly).
    Pity. I really liked the old (XK8) XKR-R-R-R-R-R-R-R because it had a manual. The way I see it, the E-Type is one of the most important sportscars ever, and it had a manual, so Jag should put manuals in their current sports car and sedan and they will be better.
    It's not like Jag has to spend a huge sum of money to get a manual, they can purchase one from somebody else for relatively cheap. That being said Jag's clientele in America expect an auto, but I bet an American buying an XKR would at least appreciate a manual option.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Pity. I really liked the old (XK8) XKR-R-R-R-R-R-R-R because it had a manual. The way I see it, the E-Type is one of the most important sportscars ever, and it had a manual, so Jag should put manuals in their current sports car and sedan and they will be better.
    It's not like Jag has to spend a huge sum of money to get a manual, they can purchase one from somebody else for relatively cheap. That being said Jag's clientele in America expect an auto, but I bet an American buying an XKR would at least appreciate a manual option.
    As Pando said, any car that has a least a whiff of an intention to be a driver's car (and Jaguars certainly do) has to be available with a manual gearbox.

If no it's useless.
    Visca Catalunya!

As Pando said, any car that has a least a whiff of an intention to be a driver's car (and Jaguars certainly do) has to be available with a manual gearbox.

If no it's useless.
    I'm not so sure about that.
    even if I'm pro manual gearbox regardless of what the car is, I can understand why someone heading to a driver's car would request an automatic one.
    considering this situation especially:
    I have say 100/150.000 euros, and I want to buy a new, fast and good performing car. It would probably be my unique car, because yeah I like cars but I wouldn't seriously switch during the weekend for a more extreme ride, nor I'm into trackdays. So I need something comfortable, spacious and even practical to drive on the traffic on my way to work.
    since I can afford such a car I suppose I would work in the downtown, and probably in the long term I would hate an heavy clutch to operate at every traffic jam.
    so cars like an XK8/R or a GranTurismo/S would fit my exigences preserving my sporty attitude and a good drive, even because I think a proper automatic is better than a fake sequential.

So I can understand the car having the auto, but that said, I would personally stick with a manual, I suppose, so offering a manual too wouldn't hurt.

I'm sorry but no. If you want to drive (properly) you have to have a manual.

Yes autos are more comfortable in traffic jams and in the city. But the full control and enjoyment more than makes up for that. If you want to just cruise about buy a Merc. If you want to drive buy a car with three pedals and a gear lever.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm sorry but no. If you want to drive (properly) you have to have a manual.

Yes autos are more comfortable in traffic jams and in the city. But the full control and enjoyment more than makes up for that. If you want to just cruise about buy a Merc. If you want to drive buy a car with three pedals and a gear lever.
    take it in this way: a Mercedes CL is not that good looking, and it seems even bigger than what it is.
    considering the offer of the market about gt cars, I think the Maserati and the Jaguar has a lead in quality and look, so I would live even with the auto, even preferring a manual.
    point is, I understand why they have the auto, but I agree that they should/could offer a manual too.
    but, since even more performance oriented cars like Ferraris don't sell their manual cars (10% of the whole sales decreasing), it's not a surprise seeing these cars don't have the manual available.
    and even more, customers aren't really asking for it. we could go to Jaguar and knock to the door, saying we are true enthusiasts, we like Jaguar and we want a manual.
    being convincing enough, they would go to the back, and fix the issue, spending money and time.
    the car would eb available, and non one would buy it (apart from us).
    Jaguar would be in the position of spending money without a return, and in the long term, this, together with other issues, could hurt Jaguar enough to be in jeopardy again, and we would complain again saying it doesn't deserve that.
    perhaps it would be the right way of acting, but apart from preferring this Jaguar to none, I also thing they somehow have to follow the market (perhaps silly) requests or there couldn't be a place for Jaguar anymore.

Well, everyone knows costumers are imbeciles.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information