Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestream | Caparo T1

Freestream | Caparo T1

Unrivalled 1,000bhp/tonne ultra lightweight Freestream T1 to offer the nearest experience yet to a Formula One racecar

Two engineers who were part of the elite team that designed and developed the iconic McLaren F1 have set up an automotive engineering consultancy whose first project is an agile 1,000bhp/tonne sportscar, dubbed the Freestream T1. Developed for road and track, the ultra lightweight 2-seater will offer a near Formula One performance experience comparable to that of a Le Mans prototype with highly resolved aerodynamics and chassis making the vehicle predictably safe and responsive to driver inputs.

Following a year of design and development, founders Ben Scott-Geddes and Graham Halstead expect to launch the £150,000 car later this year. Interest has already been expressed by half a dozen customers privileged to preview the project and keen to join what will be an exclusive club since the company will only make 25 cars a year for the entire planet. With the first prototype nearing completion the two engineers have moved into brand-new premises that form part of a new automotive business park located at Farnham in Surrey.

Commenting on the inspiration for the Freestream T1 Ben Scott-Geddes said: "We wanted to demonstrate our ability to design from scratch a no-compromise but usable and reliable sports car with the whole vehicle meticulously engineered from the ground up, so as to offer customers a truly unique experience with a full aerodynamic performance package which at present can only be found in a high formula racecar."

Commenting on the critical wind-tunnel testing co-founder Graham Halstead added: "As well as offering a unique racecar performance experience we were equally concerned to make the car as safe as possible. The result is an extremely stable aerodynamic platform to complement its feather weight of 465kg and compact powertrain which delivers 480bhp from a bespoke 2.4-litre V8 F1-specification engine. The driver and passenger will experience extremely rapid acceleration as well as 3g cornering and braking performance."

"Our aim is to move the performance envelope up to current sports-prototype levels thereby setting a new benchmark for a road car exemplified by its agility and handling abilities," said Scott-Geddes. "We’ve spoken to enthusiastic owners who have become frustrated and bored with their regular sports and race cars, whose potential is heavily restricted through constrained engineering and race formula regulations. In that respect we’ve torn up the rule book to give customers what they ultimately desire: a road car with an uncompromised yet safe performance experience."

Further details will be announced closer to the launch. Meanwhile, the company is keeping the Freestream T1 specifications under wraps but has prepared an introductory website at www.freestreamcars.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is totally wicked IMO! Can't wait to see the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN
    This is totally wicked IMO! Can't wait to see the real deal.
    I could wait.

I wonder how they will get such a performance and still get comfort to make it an allday car...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

£150k...if it lives upto it's expectations, should be a bit of a bargain.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by smxi
    I could wait.
    Yeah, Im aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    I wonder how they will get such a performance and still get comfort to make it an allday car...
    Simple... NOT

edit: for those of you who were not able to get the specs on their own
    http://www.freestreamcars.com/downlo...ureV.1.0.1.pdf

Interesting idea indeed. I like.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

I think if they were really going fo rthe hard-core car with 1000/tonne and trying to get as close to f1 as possible, they shoudl have made it a one seater not two
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren_crazy
    I think if they were really going fo rthe hard-core car with 1000/tonne and trying to get as close to f1 as possible, they shoudl have made it a one seater not two
    But if it's road use, you might have a passenger.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

daddy want... daddy want really bad
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

This easily has the potential to be one of the coolest cars of all time.

I was just about to post this (from Vietnam ) but I searched Freestream and saw you beat me to it

So ridiculously awesome. Oh man.

This is awesome, can't wait to see someone testing it !

Quote Originally Posted by Hatatitla
    This is awesome, can't wait to see someone testing it !
    ...and a welcome to you!
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

homg me wants
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information