Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG (W204) 2007-2014

BMW should really stick the M3's engine into it's sedan, with a power increase of course. Everyone has hot versions of their sedans and coupes. Why should BMW be left out of it? I'd be interested in an M3 sedan.

I can't wait until Jeremy Clarkson tests this car, sliding around the airfield, shouting POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta hand it to Mercedes, they really like their shot power in their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Why should BMW be left out of it?
    They aren't.

Apparently work on the AMG version of the C started in 2004, and the first prototypes were completed in Autumn 2005.
    Thanks for all the fish

That's good news.

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Estate

Unique high-performance estate

Affalterbach – Following in the Saloon’s footsteps, the C 63 AMG Estate is now also due to be launched. Under the bonnet with its distinctive power domes, the AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine delivers effortless acceleration.

The high-revving naturally aspirated engine sets the benchmark in this segment with its maximum output of 457 hp at 6800 rpm and maximum torque of 600 Nm at 5000 rpm. The unique high-performance estate accelerates from 0 to 62 mph in 4.6 seconds; top speed is 155 mph (electronically limited).

Power is transferred by the AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 7G-TRONIC. Equipped with AMG steering wheel gearshift paddles and the three driving modes “C”, “S” and “M”, the seven-speed automatic transmission delivers a decidedly sporty or comfort-focused ride depending on the driver’s tastes. The automatic throttle-blipping function when downshifting is another innovation. In conjunction with the all-new front axle, the AMG speed-sensitive sports steering and the new 3-stage ESPÒ, the AMG sports suspension provides maximum driving pleasure and superb driving dynamics. The AMG high-performance braking system with large internally ventilated and perforated disc brakes all round provides optimum stopping power even during particularly dynamic driving. The standard specification includes 18-inch five-spoke AMG light-alloy wheels with 235/40 R 18 (front) and 255/35 R 18 (rear) wide-base tyres. 19-inch AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels shod with 235/35 R 19 (front) and 255/30 R 19 (rear) tyres are available as an option.

Design and appointments: more distinctive than ever
    The design and appointments on the new C 63 AMG Estate are comfortably on a par with the sophisticated technology. The top-of-the-line AMG eight-cylinder model has been differentiated more clearly than ever from the series-production C-Class: typical hallmarks of the brand come in the shape of AMG bodystyling, the bonnet with power domes, the distinctive AMG radiator grille, the flared front wings, the AMG rear apron with its black diffusor insert and the AMG sports exhaust system with two sets of chromed twin tailpipes. The interior feel is dominated by the distinctive AMG sports seats with integral head restraints, the three-spoke AMG performance steering wheel with its flat underside and small 365 mm rim, and the tube-style AMG instrument cluster with its AMG-specific main menu. As an alternative to the standard-fit aluminium trim elements, AMG carbon trim can also be ordered as an option for the C 63 AMG Estate.

Largest load compartment in its class with up to 1500 litres
    The load capacity of the C 63 AMG Estate ranges from 485 to 1500 litres (VDA measuring method) depending on the position of the 1/3:2/3-split rear seat backrests which can be folded forwards. No other car in the premium estate segment of this vehicle class can match this capacity. Standard equipment includes bag hooks and four anchoring lugs to secure the load, side stowage compartments with covers, a collapsible shopping crate as well as a combined luggage cover and retaining net. The new EASY-PACK tailgate opens and closes at the push of a button. The market launch of the C 63 AMG Estate is scheduled for the start of 2008; sales price incl. 19% VAT is EUR 69,853.

Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Estate #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    Largest load compartment in its class with up to 1500 litres
    The load capacity of the C 63 AMG Estate ranges from 485 to 1500 litres (VDA measuring method) depending on the position of the 1/3:2/3-split rear seat backrests which can be folded forwards. No other car in the premium estate segment of this vehicle class can match this capacity.
    probably the payload of the car will be just enough to carry four people.....

a Mondeo has 1740 liter, a C5 1660, but of course those are not "premium" cars...

People who buy an estate like this only carry golfbags anyway...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    a Mondeo has 1740 liter, a C5 1660
    And the Mercedes Sprinter Extra-Long Super-High Roof Panel Van has 17000 litres, but that too is in a different class to the C63.

"premium" cars....
    C-Klasse: 485/1500
    BMW E91: 460/1385
    Audi A4 Avant: 442/1184

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    And the Mercedes Sprinter Extra-Long Super-High Roof Panel Van has 17000 litres, but that too is in a different class to the C63.

C-Klasse: 485/1500
    BMW E91: 460/1385
    Audi A4 Avant: 442/1184
    "premium" only meaning that you have to pay more for them....

btw, in your search did you also find the payload figures????
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Or buy a lorry. Which has plenty of power too...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

"premium" only meaning that you have to pay more for them....
    And typically get better quality, refinement, specifications, options etc.

btw, in your search did you also find the payload figures????
    I don't think anyone gives "payload" figures, however, it would seem logical to deduce that gross laden weight - unladen weight = payload.

These figures vary across the different ranges, but it is typically c.500kg.

I don't think anyone gives "payload" figures, however, it would seem logical to deduce that gross laden weight - unladen weight = payload.

These figures vary across the different ranges, but it is typically c.500kg.
    Payload is the maximum allowed weight of the car minus the kerbweight...and I think 500 kg is highly optimistic for these cars....as an exmaple, (just taken form the copy of Auto Motor und Sport I happen to have in front of me)

BMW 525i 408 kg, 535D 426
    Ford SMax2.0 684, Ford Smax TDCI 750
    Mercedes S350 536 Kg, S320CDi 545 kg

that is what the marketing spin wants you to believe

Any new pics yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Any new pics yet?
    Just downloaded a few. Will resize and post later.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

I believe the Brabus Bullit has the 6.5 litre Twin Turbo V12, with a power increase shoved in there. Plus carbon-fibre everything. This, and a proper manual=sex.

Thread Information