Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Ok, I've been reading that you need to level up all the way past Lev 30 before full mechanical/body damage is allowed on the premium cars. Is this true?????

Why would they do that?
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

padding out the game length? idk seems arbitrary. and silly. still want yet to try it out though.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I figure by level 30 most players will be good enough drivers with the latest physics model to NOT get into many scrapes or crashes. Seems to me that allowing for spectacular smashes early on would be a thrilling way to motivate the "newbs" to up their game. Plus.......who wants to wait that long just to enjoy a good session of demolition derby?
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

ok I bought PS3 and the game today

What a load of crap. Now I understand why it took them so long to make the game, it's because they have lost their touch.

the graphics are all over the place. The main menu shows a pit crew hanging out and you can see their feet sinking into the pavement as the camera moves around them

you cant change the controls. X is gas, square is brake

engine sounds...what engine sounds? I'm sorry you'll have to play NFS to hear a beautiful engine note

Tuning Shop!!!! No brake upgrades in the game? Did they seriously forget to add that?

Almost feel like returning the game, and possibly the ps3 too.

the music in the game is horrific
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

you need wheels....

Have NOT played it yet....hate the fact that is the case....Read a lot of reviews and opinions while bored at work, so far the consensus seems to be that the game has its moment. The driving from most feeling seems spot on as far as being realistic(hard to judge though, without knowing most people's background), G25 and G27 works with full functionality(H-gate, clutch...etc), needs some fiddling but apparently the FFB is pretty good. The menu apparently is convoluted and not intuitive. Graphics is good when you are playing Premium car and some tracks. Not as good when playing Standard cars and some less polished tracks. AI report seems conflicting as I've read some say they react to you while others said they feel like any GT game, which is crappy and predictable. The gameplay seems very GT like in that you do the license, then the slow car races and progress up....if you hate that then you hate that....Multiplayer seems interesting as you can host your own event room to tailor to your kind of race and people can join.

I guess for all the time this game is in development it probably should have been much better....but for me I guess at the end I won't care much since in all the GT games in the past, I played it for the "jump in and drive" value after I get to a decent amount of cars in the collection. Should be interesting still....
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 11-24-2010 at 08:18 PM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

AI apparently levels up as you progress RM. standard GT stuff when you start then they start to react a few championships in
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    Almost feel like returning the game, and possibly the ps3 too.

the music in the game is horrific
    Don't despair just yet; GT Planet heard at the Madrid GT5 that there will be regular updates and such.

What they'll be updating is another story.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

You can also play your own music in game...so that is a solution for the horrid music....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

[QUOTE=Sauc3;736084]Ford Bronco Lariat '95
    There is no Bronco,is there?

i picked up my copy yesterday morning from jb hifi ($77 if anyone is interested in not being ripped off at ebgames ($120-odd)). anyway, after about a good 12 hours of racing and stuffing around, i'm at level 18 and have cleared all the licences. i found the 's' class licences relatively easy compared to previous editions of gt. dont get me wrong, for a noob, they will struggle probably in s class, but i didnt find it overly difficult. though i do drive like a maniac!. in relation to old mate above (werty), i agree with the brake business. i dont know how this has been overlooked. also the intercooler upgrade option, like there is none. and the engine sounds are pretty friggin gay. the veyron i am driving now sounds like a hyundai getz ffs. other than that, the game is pretty good. the kart racing is fun, they feel like a real kart, i.e. they step out when pushed hard etc. a good little challenge to drive. the feel that i get with it is the more you put into it, the more you get out of it, hence the level up system etc. you cant just go and get an F1 car straight off the bat and enter a race, you have to earn that privelage. tips so far for anyone interested, or yet to purchase the game, so starting out from scratch. i bought the lexus is200 for my first car, a pos, but it did the job. i cant rember what i bought next, lest say it was far from memorable!, but after that car, i had enough points and cash to buy a used evo 7. it has turned out to be one of my best purchases. i raced the evo, mind you after i had put about $200k in it, in the professional supercar festival race, and clean sweeped it. we are talking kind of serious cars here, zondas, diablos, etc, and my faithful little 2nd hand 4cyl pile of crap wiped the floor with them all! anyway, i'm getting back to it, just about to hit the extreme races *rubs hands*

p.s. doe anyone know where to get the redbull x1 from?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycarnut View Post
    i picked up my copy yesterday morning from jb hifi ($77 if anyone is interested in not being ripped off at ebgames ($120-odd)). anyway, after about a good 12 hours of racing and stuffing around, i'm at level 18 and have cleared all the licences. i found the 's' class licences relatively easy compared to previous editions of gt. dont get me wrong, for a noob, they will struggle probably in s class, but i didnt find it overly difficult. though i do drive like a maniac!. in relation to old mate above (werty), i agree with the brake business. i dont know how this has been overlooked. also the intercooler upgrade option, like there is none. and the engine sounds are pretty friggin gay. the veyron i am driving now sounds like a hyundai getz ffs. other than that, the game is pretty good. the kart racing is fun, they feel like a real kart, i.e. they step out when pushed hard etc. a good little challenge to drive. the feel that i get with it is the more you put into it, the more you get out of it, hence the level up system etc. you cant just go and get an F1 car straight off the bat and enter a race, you have to earn that privelage. tips so far for anyone interested, or yet to purchase the game, so starting out from scratch. i bought the lexus is200 for my first car, a pos, but it did the job. i cant rember what i bought next, lest say it was far from memorable!, but after that car, i had enough points and cash to buy a used evo 7. it has turned out to be one of my best purchases. i raced the evo, mind you after i had put about $200k in it, in the professional supercar festival race, and clean sweeped it. we are talking kind of serious cars here, zondas, diablos, etc, and my faithful little 2nd hand 4cyl pile of crap wiped the floor with them all! anyway, i'm getting back to it, just about to hit the extreme races *rubs hands*

p.s. doe anyone know where to get the redbull x1 from?
    But is there a bronco?

no, not that i am aware of. why do you want a bronco man? to do the o.j. simpson thing or something?! meh, each to his own i guess ...

GT5 doesn't model rollover physics, so the Bronco wouldn't work.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Looking over the list again(still haven't played yet, game should show up tomorrow)...I can't believe there are no "Premium" AE86.....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by ozzycarnut View Post
    no, not that i am aware of. why do you want a bronco man? to do the o.j. simpson thing or something?! meh, each to his own i guess ...
    Just like 'em
    plus my dad had a gorgeous 84

Thread Information