Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1311

Thread: What Game Are You Playing?

Finally found some time off and got around to beating Horizon Zero Dawn and the DLC. Really great game, anyone who likes open world RPGs and a PS4 should get it.

I moved onto Spiderman for the PS4, also another solid game. I've played Insomniac games since Ratchet and Clank on the PS2, I'm happy to see another game put out by them.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Haha, I do the exact opposite. I do work on a Mac computer.

That being said, XCOM Enemy Within .............
    Just bought it in a steam sale. offcourse after watching some videos.
    I think I'm going to like it a lot....

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    Just bought it in a steam sale. offcourse after watching some videos.
    I think I'm going to like it a lot....
    I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy them both. Let me know what you think of them.

I've been playing the new Smash Bros game. No idea what I'm doing, but I'm better at it than that video game known as "Visual Studio 2017".
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy them both. Let me know what you think of them.
    I've played XCOM for about 2hours.
    It has a lot of potential. With upgrading your base crew and weapons.
    But It just works to slow for my taste. Which I should have known. It's a turn based game.

After almost completing Just Cause 3 I'v started with Car Mechanic simulator.
    With out any problems I'm now 70hours in to the game. And still like it very much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any Civ fans out there?

Weather has been too nice here (finally) but dipped into that.

I love that there's Car Mechanic simulator. What a time to be alive.

I played a decent amount of Civ in high school; haven't thought about it for years, though.

When I get a moment I play Defcon, though MAD might not be to everyone's taste.

When I'm at my parents', I play a little Assetto Corsa because I still haven't gotten around to schlepping my wheel and pedals to the Least Coast. I suppose it's for the best. I'd rather not spend too much time playing such things. My laptop has a fantastic device for forcing me to go outside in the summer; it overheats quite readily, so when the temperature in my (un-airconditioned) place gets above 80F/32C, I am forced to do other things.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    I've played XCOM for about 2hours.
    It has a lot of potential. With upgrading your base crew and weapons.
    But It just works to slow for my taste. Which I should have known. It's a turn based game.

After almost completing Just Cause 3 I'v started with Car Mechanic simulator.
    With out any problems I'm now 70hours in to the game. And still like it very much.
    If you really want to play XCOM the real way, you need to not save scum and get very attached to your crew, name them and customize them... and then agonize which soldiers to sacrifice in a very hard mission. I don't have the guts to do that, but if you're really a stickler for punishment, play it on very hard mode.

I've been playing much more PS4 lately and recently beat Spiderman 4 and Bioshock 2. Spiderman 4 is a solid must buy for PS4, and Bioshock 2 was enjoyable too, but the story was a bit forgettable.

I've since moved onto The Last of US for PS4 and it's a great game, about halfway though. the AI is dumb as rocks though, but the story is solid.

I haven't played anything... for months.

Sometimes I go to a friends place with another friends and play Project Cars 2 with a steering wheel and some pedals... that's about it.

(And we demonstrate him who's boss on the race track! )
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I haven't played anything... for months.

Sometimes I go to a friends place with another friends and play Project Cars 2 with a steering wheel and some pedals... that's about it.

(And we demonstrate him who's boss on the race track! )
    That's fine, I play video games in spurts. I'm only home occasionally, and thank god for that, I'd be playing constantly if I had easy access to my PS4. I will say, I miss split screen gaming, N64 and Gamecube style. I might get Crash Bandicoot just to relive that aspect of gaming.

I finished the Last of Us a few weeks back, and it's an awesome game. AI did not impress me, but the story was top notch and surprisingly the sound design was excellent. Definitely a must get for anyone with a PS3 or PS4. For anyone who wanted to play a video game version of the Walking Dead or enjoy survival/stealth horror, it's a great game.

I also started XCOM 2, and it's quite brutal in difficulty even though I'm playing on easy. Not that different from XCOM 1, but I liked that game so I'm ok with that. I'm experimenting with remote play with my iPad cautiously, I don't want to be too distracted haha. So many excellent games on the PS4. I have many, many games on back log. Planning on getting Red Dead Redemption 2. Already have God of War, and am excited for Cyberpunk 2077.

On the other hand, I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of racing games on PS4. Anyone have any recommendations? Gran Turismo, although pretty doesn't really scratch the robust single player campaign itch I so desperately want from them. I don't enjoy online racing with strangers, nor do I play frequently enough on the PS4 to justify paying for Playstation Plus. I feel like the very little online racing I did on PS3 was deeply unsatisfying and unreasonably punishing and limiting. You would get punished for accidents/shunts that you didn't have control over even if you were rammed by someone else.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 07-28-2019 at 05:42 PM.

I remember playing slit screen Mario Kart on both SNES and the Nintendo 64. Boy, was that fun.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I remember playing slit screen Mario Kart on both SNES and the Nintendo 64. Boy, was that fun.
    Mario Kart was a lot of fun, I definitely played a lot of that on the N64 and Gamecube. I played Mario Kart very briefly online, it wasn't as much fun nor was it as satisfying if you didn't know who was on the receiving end of the pink shell.

My colleagues have talked me into buying NieR:Automata and I've been playing through it over the last two weeks.

Gameplay alternates between hack & slash, bullet hell, and mech piloting but it's so fluid and satisfying that you will actively run into battles just to string up some crazy gun 'n blade combos.

Storytelling is where this game sits head-and-shoulders above others. There's nothing quite like it. It's equal parts mind screw and exploration of humanity. 26 different endings rear their heads at sometimes unexpected moments so it's in your best interests to save as much as you can. I think it even tells you to do so at the start.

It's good enough that I haven't touched Forza in weeks. Still using that to experiment with different tunes for my MX-5 Miata that I'm not brave enough to try out in real life now. Game tires are much cheaper than the real thing...
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    My colleagues have talked me into buying NieR:Automata and I've been playing through it over the last two weeks.

Gameplay alternates between hack & slash, bullet hell, and mech piloting but it's so fluid and satisfying that you will actively run into battles just to string up some crazy gun 'n blade combos.

Storytelling is where this game sits head-and-shoulders above others. There's nothing quite like it. It's equal parts mind screw and exploration of humanity. 26 different endings rear their heads at sometimes unexpected moments so it's in your best interests to save as much as you can. I think it even tells you to do so at the start.

It's good enough that I haven't touched Forza in weeks. Still using that to experiment with different tunes for my MX-5 Miata that I'm not brave enough to try out in real life now. Game tires are much cheaper than the real thing...
    I've heard lots of good things about Nier Automata. So many good games to play on the PS4, I have a massive backlog. I also intend on getting Ace Combat 7 and Red Dead 2. Red Dead 1 was excellent, I played it on the PS3.

I just beat Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening on Gameboy Color through an emulator. It's really enjoyable and equivalent to Legend of Zelda on NES.

The story is a bit lazy, no spoilers but I can discuss at a later point. I don't have a Switch and have enjoyed other Zelda games, so I figured it'd be worth it. Definitely worth playing though.

Thread Information