Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you like Honda?

Why do you like Honda?

Easy enough. Go on, put some strong arguments to help me make up my mind.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Good value for money, usually cheap to run.

Reliable
    Top class engineering
    Value for money
    a bit "boring"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Drive & engine!

Resale value. Not that you want to think about selling a car you haven't even bought yet, but it shows how well they hold up. And most Honda's aren't babied either. Get a new one and it should last you until you need it to.

Of all the Honda's we've had, no real complaints. Only a Civic by brother had had no torque. So, unless you like wringing your car's neck, stay away from their smallest fours.

And all the other listed reasons.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

They make cool adverts

(sorry we've never owned a Honda!)
    Porsche!

Strong revvy engines. Not expensive to buy or run. Fun with reliability. They're usually light and not too complicated. Not sure if that applies to the latest models, though.

What I dislike: image usually associated to them. Design that isn't that nice, exceptions made to their legendary sports cars (S800, S2000, NSX).
    Interiors: used to be the same boring japanese dark design. Now they're going a bit too extroverted and messy.

Anyway, I never heard about a Honda that could be considered a bad business.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Although it happens at a small rpm band, their VTEC engines make some big power numbers for their displacement. They give the best of both worlds, economy and fuel efficiency when u need it, and power and fun when u want it. Plus the handle really well too.

They make great paper weights.

reliable, and fun
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Its the Mcdonalds of cars.. love it or hate it. Everybody knows it.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

- Great reliability (is there any manufacturer out there better?)
    - Great engines (fuel efficient in class, yet powerful)
    - Quality materials (I don't know why my parents chose the Accord over the Camry but I remember for sure, they chose it over the Altima because the Altima has poor-quality plastics)
    - Surprisingly cheap for the amount of stuff you get

Yes, I know the cars are a bit bland and boring but still awesome cars overall. I'm really trying to get my parents to get a 2006 Civic Coupe (so I may drive it around )
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

No need to ask us, Honda's are consistently rated at the top of every consumer report (JE Edwards et al). Very well made cars. They age very well all around. As a result there is always demand and their prices reflect that.

My mom and my sister both have Civics. No trouble at all for them. I'm getting one now if I manage to find the right one; then we'll be a Honda (happy) family.
    Last edited by magracer; 04-04-2006 at 12:32 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

my family has nothing other than hondas. we had an '85 civic that we gave to my aunt who still drives it (its got over 250k miles and still goes like a champ), now we have 3 civics ('93, '94, and '95 i believe) and they are extremely cheap to run and get great mileage. if you treat them right, they'll last forever. i drove the '94 (that we got new way back when) for 2 years, never did anything stupid with it, and i'd average around 33 mpg and nothing ever needed replacing except oil changes. now my mom's got the crv which i personally don't like, but she loves it. its awkward to drive with long legs because you have to control the clutch with your knee instead of your ankle, thats all i really have against it. and my dad's got an acura (honda) rsx-s that we all love.
    basically hondas are inexpensive cars that tend to lead their classes and last forever while still being attractive and something you can be proud of. they're also very environmentally friendly and aren't afraid to try something new (insight) or go somewhere they shouldn't (ridgeline).

I like hondas because they go fast when you put on a Type R badge.

Ok, that's enough screwing around for me today, back to seriousness. In all honesty, I have something against hondas. They're great cars, for their reliability, efficiency, and cost.... but I just can't stand them.

Thread Information