Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda Furai

Back and 3/4 profile are spot on. Front looks a bit too.. aerofoily, even though it comes off as windcarved. I'd have to let that part grow on me a bit but this is an ace design effort from Mazduh.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    B-K Motorsports has run a Mazda powered LMP2 machine for the last 5 years. The current car is a Lola powered by a turbo-charged I4.

B-K Motorsports

I do wish Mazda would take a more aggressive approach though. Their program is minuscule compared with Porsche's and Acura's. To me this car signifies more of a desire on Mazda's part to make an uncompromising sportscar. I do think that this concept is far to extreme to make it to the street, but I sure do like what they are thinking.
    That's interesting altough it's strange to see a non-rotary Mazda powered race car.

However what I meant is if Mazda was planning on making a full works effort again.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    No it is not, it is a concept car.
    I am quite disappointed at that.

This car looks exceedingly excellent. I would say the best looking Mazda I have ever seen. Does anyone know if Mazda are showing this at NAIAS?

Attached Images Attached Images

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I like a lot about this car. The one thing I don't like. At all. Is not the nose, but around the nose where it looks like they didn't know what to do so they twisted the metal into bizarre shapes. It doesn't look right.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Thank you for that comical yet poignant post showing that the front end is butt ugly.

I love all the concept behind the car, the engine, the use of a racing chassis, I just don't like the execution. It's a car I want to drive, not look at.

I thought I read that the car will be shown at the NAIAS.

Hmm .... since most Jap mainstream manufacturers are coming out with their top of the range racers .... what if Mazda steal the show and produced something on-par with Zonda, yet looks totally Japanese.

I really like their new design direction, totally oriental, totally Japanese, and the names kick asses, Ryuga, Nagare ....
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    I thought I read that the car will be shown at the NAIAS.
    That is very good since I will be attending. I will be sure to get some good pictures of this.

Very radical car, renesis rotary is intriguing at least
    Last edited by kigango123; 12-28-2007 at 10:53 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That's interesting altough it's strange to see a non-rotary Mazda powered race car.
    Restrictor plates are more restrictive to rotarys. The R20B was being choked, only producing about 400hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    However what I meant is if Mazda was planning on making a full works effort again.
    I sure wish they would too. LOL I almost replied "On any given weekend more Mazdas are roadracing than any other brand," but I was afraid of coming off as being a typical smartass American prick.

Ill try to keep from sounding like a total fan boy.

The car is amazing, I could do without the flappy bodywork on the front, the idea works on the side, but not how it was executed in the grill(s). the cars overall profile is excellent.

I'm not sure how the world would take a Mazda supercar, but I like it nonetheless.
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

That's definitely one of the most impressive designs I've seen in a while, I mean if you are going to spend crazy money some some car it should at least look like it came from Blade Runner or something.

It's as if in the world of CARS (the Pixar animated cartoon), Reventon is the bad guy's ultimate robot, and after defeating Reventon, out comes the ultimate evil boss, Furai.

Supercars are supposed to make us behave like kids just by looking at them.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

source in the mazda design department tell me it is a design exercise to show proof of "language" in a moving car, they are racing in the ALMS already in lmp2, and have been- and the MX-5 cup and miata classes are huge- star mazda...various RX7 race cars everywhere proably the single most raced marque in the US today this is not a Mazdaspeed project, it is a design center piece... although they want to use some of the 'flow' lines on the lmp2 racer and other to sell by racing etc.
    cool stuff-
    we got to ride in it at Laguna Seca (the design staff and significants) I am no designer but this is as said Menacing in person-
    not supposed to be a successor to the 787B- as discussed in other places it has 80% of the lmps courage C65 downforce....

(this is of course the plans i heard are North american only if Mazda-Japan want to go racing with it, i don't know, but the Design center has no real connection to MazdaSpeed and North american or japan racing stuff)
    Last edited by Fiorano; 01-03-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Thread Information