Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar F-Type (X152) 2012-

Jaguar F-Type (X152) 2012-

Jaguar F-TYPE To Debut In Paris

The F-TYPE, Jaguar's all-new aluminium two-seater sports car, will make its global debut in production form at the Paris Motor Show on 27th September.

Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director, Jaguar Cars, said: "The unveiling of the F-TYPE in Paris will be a truly significant day in Jaguar's history as it will mark the company's return to the sports car market, a market it originally helped to create.

"As its sporting forebears did in their era, the F-TYPE will break new ground by delivering stunning sports car performance while vividly demonstrating Jaguar's cutting-edge engineering technologies and world-class design excellence. The next step in Jaguar's sporting bloodline is about to become reality."

The F-TYPE will be launched as a convertible with a choice of three petrol engines: 340PS and 380PS versions of Jaguar's all-new 3.0-litre supercharged V6, and a new derivative of its existing supercharged 5.0-litre V8. All will drive the rear wheels through an eight-speed transmission and will be equipped with Stop/Start technology.

Prototype test programme

Following the F-TYPE's 'camouflaged' public drive at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in June of this year, testing of the final verification prototypes has continued in some of the harshest environments in the world.

As its name suggests, this test programme is designed to verify the staggering amount of design work that was carried out by Jaguar's engineers in the 'virtual world', a process in which the company is an industry leader.

More than half-a-million separate F-TYPE design analyses were carried out comprising 10-million CPU hours of processing, creating more than 300TB of data. Had that same amount of initial design analysis been completed on physical cars, the number of prototype F-TYPEs built would have filled the majority of the UK's motorway network bumper-to-bumper.

The result of all that 'virtual' design work is that Jaguar's engineers are currently concentrating on honing the performance of the physical verification prototypes, to ensure the production F-TYPE delivers truly focused sports car driving reward.

Said Ian Hoban, Jaguar's Vehicle Line Director: "When you are working on a Jaguar sports car the expectations of the world are huge. We're really pleased how the attributes have translated from the virtual simulation work we've done into the physical world.

"Now, we're refining and adding those last few percentage points - that true element of honing which the Jaguar test team are delivering - which will turn a great sports car into an exceptional one."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 02-16-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Destined to be a great one #2
    Visca Catalunya!

"Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Superb news indeed.

I now want one even more.

(Not offering it in the roadster would be silly though)
    Visca Catalunya!

Jaguar F-Type

JAGUAR F-TYPE UNVEILED IN PARIS

The F-TYPE, an all-new, two-seater, Jaguar sports car has been unveiled this evening at an exclusive event at Musée Rodin, Paris.

Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director, Jaguar, said:"Jaguar is a founder member of the sports car segment with a rich sporting bloodline stretching over 75 years, and in the F-TYPE we've reignited that flame. The F-TYPE isn't designed to be like anyone else's sports car. It's a Jaguar sports car - ultra-precise, powerful, sensual and, most of all, it feels alive."

Tomorrow morning at 08:00 CEST, the F-TYPE will make its public debut at the Paris Auto Show.

A view highlights
    • Three models will be available - F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE V8 S.
      They are powered respectively by Jaguar's new 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine in 340PS and 380PS outputs and its 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol producing 495PS
    • The range-topping F-TYPE V8S will reach 60mph in 4.2 seconds and has a top speed of 186mph. The 380PS V6 F-TYPE S will reach 60mph in 4.8 seconds and 171mph, the equivalent figures for the F-TYPE are 5.1 seconds and 161mph
    • All engines drive through an eight-speed 'Quickshift' transmission, a centrally mounted SportShift selector offering full manual sequential control, as do the steering wheel-mounted paddles
    • Both the S models have a limited-slip differential - the V6's mechanical and the V8's electronic - to maximise traction and driver reward

Jaguar F-Type #2

Jaguar F-Type #3

Jaguar F-Type #4
    Last edited by Duell; 09-26-2012 at 02:56 PM.

That's it for now,

Looks a lot like the SLS.
    And the tail, reminds me of something... I want to say Fisker but I don't think that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    Looks a lot like the SLS.
    And the tail, reminds me of something... I want to say Fisker but I don't think that's it.
    Boom yes. I was JUST at the M-B Canadian HQ and there were a few SLSi there, and I said to my buds that Jag cribbed the SLS.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I have found no evidence to support this. I am a sad.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I have found no evidence to support this. I am a sad.
    They already said it wouldn't be launched with the launch of car, but later on.

Don't despair!
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information