Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 ALMS Season

2008 ALMS Season

Well, I've created this thread to amalgamate all the ALMS stuff that goes on so that less things are missed.

First off, the word on the street is that Lexus may be in GT2 with an IS-F, expect at 470 hp V6 beneath the hood.

GT2 is sure gonna be awesome with all the manufacturers duking it out.

I was also wondering why the IS-F pictured has sidespipes? Is there an advantage?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Well, I've created this thread to amalgamate all the ALMS stuff that goes on so that less things are missed.

First off, the word on the street is that Lexus may be in GT2 with an IS-F, expect at 470 hp V6 beneath the hood.

GT2 is sure gonna be awesome with all the manufacturers duking it out.

I was also wondering why the IS-F pictured has sidespipes? Is there an advantage?
    Nice to see Lexus in there. Can't wait for it to start. Maybe I should follow it more closely this season.

Maybe it's an aerodynamical/weight advantage?

I think it has to do with flow.

Oh, and go Aston and FLying lizard...

I also heard Peterson/White Lightning is out for this year due to financial troubles - they apparently lost a lot of money from the cancellation of the Dakar rally, but the decision not to run was made before that.

Lexus, or someone, has been showing similar pics for two years.

Maybe someday it will happen.

Will be a very interesting year in GT2.

Speaking of ALMS, any new teams coming to the LMP classes that could give Penske or Audi a run?
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Will be a very interesting year in GT2.

Speaking of ALMS, any new teams coming to the LMP classes that could give Penske or Audi a run?
    Nothing that I've heard of, and I'm pretty sure that it would be out by now that someone new was coming to the LMP classes.

There is a rumour that Peugeot will attend some of the big races (Sebring, Petit Le Mans, Laguna Seca), and duke it out with Audi.

I hope the 2008 rules slow down Penske and Acura enough to require a move to LMP1 in order to compete for overall. In the meantime I can't blame them for exploiting the loop hole. I'd love to see Peugeot compete, though I can't understand why they would except for bragging writes. Won't they have an R10 to contend with in LMS anyways?

I'm baffled that none of the FIA GT or LMS GT1 teams are coming here to compete. Sure you have to go up against the best funded and most developed GT1 program in the world, but they're not unbeatable. Besides, they'd be guaranteed a podium if they can finish.

It'll be great to see the 908 beaten by the RS Spyder if they participate in any of the shorter races...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    I'm baffled that none of the FIA GT or LMS GT1 teams are coming here to compete. Sure you have to go up against the best funded and most developed GT1 program in the world, but they're not unbeatable. Besides, they'd be guaranteed a podium if they can finish.
    But if you are an European team is there any point to make the extra expense to compete in a foreign series that doesn't take place in you market?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But if you are an European team is there any point to make the extra expense to compete in a foreign series that doesn't take place in you market?
    For someone like Peugeot, no. But if you are a GT team or a private LMP team possibly. Since the factory backed teams aren't eligible for prize money that would be a good incentive. Also, for many teams it would be the easiest way to get a bid for Le Mans. Whether thats enough to justify the cost of transporting a car and team over here for 12 races is doubtful. I'd like to think a partial schedule like Sebring, Petit, and Laguna Seca is feasible, since a handful of teams usually make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    For someone like Peugeot, no. But if you are a GT team or a private LMP team possibly. Since the factory backed teams aren't eligible for prize money that would be a good incentive. Also, for many teams it would be the easiest way to get a bid for Le Mans. Whether thats enough to justify the cost of transporting a car and team over here for 12 races is doubtful. I'd like to think a partial schedule like Sebring, Petit, and Laguna Seca is feasible, since a handful of teams usually make it.
    The teams that came over in recent years were predominantly interested in selling cars.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Corvette Racing has announced that they will run next year's C6.R on E85 cellulosic ethanol; made from wood chips, not corn.

Pics below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There is talk at Daily Sports Car - Sportscar Racing's Internet Magazine that Michael Schumacher might make an appearance at the Sebring 12 Hours. In a Ferrari of course; probably one of the factory backed Risi cars.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    There is talk at Daily Sports Car - Sportscar Racing's Internet Magazine that Michael Schumacher might make an appearance at the Sebring 12 Hours. In a Ferrari of course; probably one of the factory backed Risi cars.
    That's not happening anymore but it would have been awesome. Although, I would like to see the Lizards stand some kind of chance too.
    Last edited by broken; 01-25-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    PSN: onikron

Thread Information